You ever go through extended moments where nothing satisfies you, to the point you wouldn't mind dying?

by miseryloveselders 73 Replies latest jw friends

• sleepingbeauty
    sleepingbeauty

You ever go through extended moments where nothing satisfies you, to the point you wouldn't mind dying?

Yes, and its happening to me now & for a good 2 weeks, it makes me feel powerless.... Dont know how to shake it off, Im not suicidal but I just wish I could wave a magic wand !

• sleepingbeauty
    sleepingbeauty

Yes, and its happening to me now & for a good 2 weeks, it makes me feel powerless.... Dont know how to shake it off, Im not suicidal but I just wish I could wave a magic wand !

• aquagirl
    aquagirl

Sleeping Beauty,This is a tough time of year.I hear ya.Wish you lived closer....

• aquagirl
    aquagirl

"Well if you think 83+ is not that old ..Your still using mate" 83 is pretty old you are right.I thought you were closer to my age,but it dosent really matter. I met a woman at the drugstore yesterday,we were looking at hair color,and she told me that she was 73!!! I would never ever have believed it! She was beautiful and vibrant,and had an amazing smile and light! I told her so,and she grabbed her husbands arm and had me repeat it to him..lol.Im hoping that age is at least partly a state of mind,cause its going to happen to all of us.I know folks my age that seem old and used up and hopeless already,and they should be enjoying this as the absolutly best part of life!But circumstances are different for everyone.Being outside and near and In nature brings me much joy and happiness.Thats the best prescription that I can suggest.Driving in a light spring rain in my convertible at dusk is a spiritual experiance for me.But thats just me.I guess...Still using?Whats that mean?

• Violia
    Violia

Yes MLE, I do have periods of times like that. I find that sometimes music ( or a movie) helps me release pent up feelings b/c sometimes I just need a good cry or laugh or I need to get really mad. This is usually how I get myself out of a funk. Sometimes I reserve days like this for computer maintenance or cleaning out the junk closet or drawer These are mindnumbing projects and will help keep you busy. Sometimes the Xanax does help. Other days a nice warm bed and cup of tea works. I agree with others that a therapist can be a huge help here. Mine often has me journaling. I think you probably are helping yourself right now by putting this on the board and hearing from others who have had the same issues. If you get to feeling too down, call someone you trust and talk it out.

• elderelite
    elderelite

Yes my friend i know EXACTLY what you mean.... I also have moods, like today, where I feel like tearing down the whole world, piece by piece, where punching holes in walls only makes me mad that the walls are so weak, spitting on puppies seems like fun, I walk around with my middle finger up to the world hoping that someone starts a fight...

and there are days i just want to put a bullet in my head, and the only thing that stops me is the sound of a little girls voice..

Hang tough bro.. it will pass... I bet a lot of it is seasonal, and some is just plain "ennui"..

• garyneal
    garyneal

marked

• mouthy
    mouthy

Still using?Whats that mean? I am teasing about the cannabis LOL

• iamwhoiam
    iamwhoiam

We are only human my friend. Sometimes we forget that happiness, sadness, depression, and anger are just labels for feelings. You might consider not trying to fight your feelings but instead be willing to recognize and experience them. They come and go like the wind. Somtimes they come in trends both short term and long term. If we allow our thoughts and feelings to pass through us, perhaps we may find ourselves genuinely happy over the long run. We are our own worst enemies only if we choose to be.

• aquagirl
    aquagirl

Mouthy,lol.Watch out,next time I have you over for tea and brownies......lol..Have a wonderful day my friend!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit