You ever go through extended moments where nothing satisfies you, to the point you wouldn't mind dying?

by miseryloveselders 73 Replies latest jw friends

• aquagirl
    aquagirl

For the record,I dont drink alcohol at all,and have done a lot of research on cannbis and other natural medicines.Its not to be abused,for sure,and its not for everyone.I was merely saying that there are other options than traditional pharmaceuticals.Indigenous people have been using natural herbs to cure things for years. Aloe,mint,even datura,they are all a lot better than lab created poisons and just as effective.I am sorry that your grandson is an alcoholic,but alcoholism and the medicinal use of homepathic medicines are totally different things.Prayer,or as I prefer to call it,meditation helps too,altho in a very subtle way. Its so nice that we have options.Traditional counseling has never worked for me personally,maybe due to the authority issues that I have.Also,I have yet to find a therepist that really uunderstands the JW thing.Its a cult,and has deep ramifications.I really dont think that I came across as touting "MY drug" Its not "MY drug".Its been used for centuries,by many who are much better versed in medicine than I.Sorry if I came across as "da pusha man".

• mouthy
    mouthy

Yeah You did come across to me as the pusha man

• aquagirl
    aquagirl

Yer not that old Mouthy! Ill bet that we have no more than a few years between us!lol.I love your spunky spirit and love.I can tell that you have been thru a lot of things.

• aquagirl
    aquagirl

Im sorry.I really didnt mean to.Actually going out and shoveling snow for an hour is about the best "buzz" around,in my opinion.It always feels do great to take the frozen icy clothes off of my skin w/out peeling frozen flesh along with it...

• Joliette
    Joliette

I hope everything goes better for you misery. Sounds like you got the Watchtower blues.

• Joliette
    Joliette

I hope everything goes better for you misery. Sounds like you got the Watchtower blues.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Well if you think 83+ is not that old ..Your still using mate.

I am going through VERY MUCH right now,I have a daughter that was stupid enough
    to ride a rsv>> ( the three wheeled motor bike) & fell off broke her knee & shin,
    the infection has gone through her body just had operation yesterday,( just for the breast
    She had the knee op four months ago.her hubby is
    battling kidney stones,in MUCH pain,I have 8 greatgrand kids all doing there own thing
    ( like you) I have a daughter in the wt( grandkids to) So I have lots to pray about dont I?
    I have JWs calling as they exit the WT & I have to talk to them( one is suicidel)So
    I may ssound very judgemental( well I guess in truth I am) I say what I THINK NOW
    But I have to admite when I was a GOOD OBEDIENT JW,I was told by many elders to THINK WHAT I SAY!!!!!

I dont obey ANYONE NOW!!!!! I try to do what I believe is kind & loving .But I do screw up OFTEN

• blondie
    blondie

Mis, I have not read everyone's comments, so if I repeat, sorry.

First, see a medical professional and make sure there is not some physical reason for the "despair." I have SAD and my light box in the winter helps tremendously.

See a therapist, someone to talk to without a jw background. I have for over 20 years and I get a different perspective. I found that my therapist had grown up in a cult-like organization and knew what it was like to be shunned. I was able to see that there are people apart from the WTS that had experienced similar things and had coping and healing strategies.

In the WTS they concentrate on people's failures and not doing enough; we can leave physically but take that thinking with us. I try to find some good thing every day to think about or cherish, no matter how small or even if it wasn't that day.

BIG HUG, Blondie

• aquagirl
    aquagirl

The light box is a very important part of my life too.The cats hog it when they can,lol,but I have one downstairs by the couch and one upstairs by the bed.And yeah,I do believe they make a huge difference.The visors are very expensive and the one I had felt weird.Blondie you were lucky to find that therepist,especially since they had been thru it.Im still looking..

• sleepingbeauty
    sleepingbeauty

You ever go through extended moments where nothing satisfies you, to the point you wouldn't mind dying?

Yes, and its happening to me now & for a good 2 weeks, it makes me feel powerless.... Dont know how to shake it off, Im not suicidal but I just wish I could wave a magic wand !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit