Congresswoman Shot in Tucson

by leavingwt 442 Replies latest social current

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Quite frankly I've never have witnessed such profound use of violent rhetoric against political opponents in the

last couple of years than all of the last 40 years.

Shows true just how insecure and unstable many Americans are feeling right now.

I'm a little sensitive to this because I myself was a American citizen up to the age of 10 and then

becoming a Canadian citizen. Is it something about protecting the Republic by useful force of (arms)

thats creating this public demeanor of violence ?

Wasn't it the Corporate influence Republican party in Washington (Bush) that put America in the mess it is in now .......sheesh

• villabolo
    villabolo

thetrueone, I've got a Glock 17 which is the full size version of the Glock 19. It is a standard (Semi)Automatic handgun. They've been around for over a hundred years. How many rounds they hold depends on magazine manufacture. It shoots a standard 9 millimeter round, considered to be a moderate round with a 50% probability of stopping and 20% probability of killing an assailant if hit in the upper torso.

Villabolo

• VIII
    VIII

Hey beks, why not go to Glenn Becks web site (since you obviously searched it) and sign his violence pledge? You seem to be a fan of his.

Here is the Pledge:

I denounce violence, regardless of ideological motivation.
    I denounce anyone, from the Left, the Right or middle, who believes physical violence is the answer to whatever they feel is wrong with our country.
    I denounce those who wish to tear down our system and rebuild it in their own image, whatever that image may be.
    I denounce those from the Left, the Right or middle, who call for riots and violence as an opportunity to bring down and reconstruct our system.
    I denounce violent threats and calls for the destruction of our system – regardless of their underlying ideology – whether they come from the Hutaree Militia or Frances Fox Piven.
    I hold those responsible for the violence, responsible for the violence. I denounce those who attempt to blame political opponents for the acts of madmen.
    I denounce those from the Left, the Right or middle that sees violence as a viable alternative to our long established system of change made within the constraints of our constitutional Republic.
    I will stand with anyone willing to sign that pledge. Today I make a personal choice. I urge leaders of both sides and all walks of life to join me as all Americans joined hands on 9.12.2001

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/arizona-aftermath-beck-issues-challenge-to-american-people-politicians-and-media/

Oh and you still haven't posted on the thread where Sarah Bernhard said Palin would be gang raped. Disgusting that. How could a woman want that/wish that on another woman? Only a psycho monster. IMO.

• flipper
    flipper

People talk about gun control. People talk about Sarah Palin. In my opinion, this is NOT a political issue , it's an issue of how little attention is given to mental health in the United States. If you read any write up about this nutcase who murdered these people and critically wounded the congresswoman - this young guy was a loose cannon who scared teachers and fellow students in his community college. One teacher even admitted to turning around looking at this kid while she wrote something on the chalkboard thinking he might have a gun !

The crazy a$$ guy who killed 30 some people at Virginia Tech several years ago was ALSO a loose cannon who had a history of psychological problems . Until federal or state governments invest enough money into mental health care facilities to get these loose cannons off the streets - America will be subject to random unexplainable attacks like this. I heard on a news broadcast that the firearm used in this attack was the same type used in the Virginia Tech attacks.

So the million $$$$ question - How do we keep high powered firearms out of mentally disturbed people's hands ? Invest more funds into mental health care facilities to house more of them instead of turning them loose on the streets like Reagan did here in California years ago. Until the U.S. and states fund enough money into this growing problem - none of us are safe from random attacks like this

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

What point are you trying to make Villabolo ?

If its the pointless restriction of high magazine cartridges for sale by some States,

I would agree. So what if your cartridge has 10 in the clip or 30 its going to used irregardless.

• beksbks
    beksbks

LOL, you would have to tie me up to make me sit through more than 3 minutes of Beck's manure. A horrible person that one. He's done 1000 times more damage to this country than some obscure comedian.

You don't actually listen to that guy do you? Take him seriously?????????????????????????????

• beksbks
    beksbks

thetrueone, are you saying it does not matter the clip size?

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    Wow here is one disturbing quote from Glenn Beck. Who listens to this guy????????

Strangely, just as with Limbaugh, no living person on the face of the planet will actually cop to listening to Beck. Makes one wonder where his audience comes from? One gets the image of all these pale, slug-like Beck-heads and ditto-heads in some underground hole (parent's basement?) cut off from light and fresh air, feeding instead on the noxious seepage of far-right poisons. And Chee-tos.

• Farkel
    Farkel

beks, our resident Constitutional Scholar (or hopefully budding student of the Constitution) asks this question:

:thetrueone, are you saying it does not matter the clip size?

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"infringe": to encroach upon in a way that violates law or the rights of another <infringe a patent> - Merriam Webster

"encroach": To take another's possessions or rights gradually or stealthily: encroach on a neighbor's land.

No. The clip size doesn't matter. The infrigement/encroachment upon "clip" sizes is a violation of the 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States of America.

If I have a "No Trespassing" sign on my lawn and you only walk over small part of it, you are infringing on my right of possession of my property, regardless of whatever excuses or justifications you might make about doing it.

If I have a 30 shot clip in my gun and the government tells me I can only have a 4 or 8 or 10 shot clip in my gun they are infringing on my RIGHT to KEEP and BEAR arms.

If I have to get a government issued PERMIT to carry a gun, they are infringing on my RIGHT to KEEP and BEAR arms.

There are currently over 20,000 LAWS about weapon ownership and carrying weapons in this Country today. All of those laws with only one circumstance of exceptions are against the Constitution of the United States of America.

What are the exceptions? Well, that should be fairly easy to figure out. Anyone who violates the Constitutional Rights of others, loses some of those rights by so doing. If I use a gun to commit a crime and by so doing, I obviously violate someone else's Constitutional right life and/or liberty and/or the pursuit of happiness, I necessarily SHOULD lose my right to ever own a gun again.

That is why the Constitution of the United States uses the word "Liberty" instead the word politicians prefer "Freedoms." "Liberty" is freedom with rules, as in sailors who get "liberty" while at port: "don't get drunk and be a dickhead, or you'll regret it for the rest of your life."

Farkel, Gun Control Means Using Both Hands CLASS

• beksbks
    beksbks

ALL HAIL FARKEL!!!! THE GREAT AND AWESOME FARKEL RETURNS!!!

*FANFARE*

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit