Congresswoman Shot in Tucson

by leavingwt 442 Replies latest social current

• Giordano
    Giordano

If no one has posted this some might be interested in the background that is emerging.

Suspect’s Odd Behavior Caused Growing Alarm

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/10/us/10shooter.html?hp=&pagewanted=all

Burn we are probably going to bump into one another going back and forth between two active topics!

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Sarah Palin is being crucified over at Amazon..........one review of her latest (last?) book is titled "CROSSHAIRS".............

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

A family that plays together, stays together ........ sorry couldn't help myself

Perhaps the rest of the family had in their possession anti-government propaganda also,

and were just acting in non-civil way as a kind of personal statement.

His roots of anti-government positioning may have been established or grown from them.

And the question has to be asked where are the parents ?

• NeckBeard
    NeckBeard

They must all be nuts, why would they do that?

Maybe they didn't want the people planting a bunch of copies of Going Rogue

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

That is scurrilous, BizzyBee. But you just love to repeat the lies, don't you?

BTS

• beksbks
    beksbks
    That is scurrilous, BizzyBee. But you just love to repeat the lies, don't you?
    BTS

What lie did she repeat? And as for scurrilous comics, you've never posted anything like it, have ya Burn?

• villabolo
    villabolo

Burns:

No huelo la mia!

Villabolo

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

I thought it was amusing..........oh, is that supposed to be a tea pot?

Burn, it was inevitable: "WE CAME UNARMED......THIS TIME"

What the hell did you expect?

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

The only significant legislation relating to guns signed by Obama is the credit card reform bill, which contains an amendment making it legal to carry concealed weapons in national parks. The Brady Center gave Obama an "F" for his first year in a report titled "Failed Leadership, Lost Lives."

State laws are also an issue. The Brady Center's Vice says that 10 states regulate assault weapons. In California, for example, Loughner could not have legally purchased a gun with a high-capacity magazine. Arizona, though, has among the weakest gun laws in the nation.

"Even if folks had seen Loughner with the gun walking up to the congresswoman, it was perfectly legal until he started firing," Vice says.

He also notes that Glock pistols are particularly easy to fire, letting off rounds as quickly as the operator can pull the trigger. "They are very good at killing people quickly," he says.

The company describes the Glock 19 model, "the all-round talent," this way:

The GLOCK 19 is ideal for versatile use through reduced dimensions compared with the standard pistol size. With the proven caliber of 9x19, it has found worldwide distribution in security services. In addition to being used as a conventional service weapon, it is suitable for concealed carry or as a backup weapon. For instance, many of the elite pilots of the USAF for instance trust the GLOCK 19 for their efficient defense in emergency situations.

Vice says the Brady Center will now push for a renewal of the assault weapons ban and more strict background checks.

"Our gun laws are so weak that someone who couldn't get into the military, who was kicked out of school, and who used drugs walked into a gun store and was able to immediately buy a semiautomatic weapon," he says.

• beksbks
    beksbks

Wow here is one disturbing quote from Glenn Beck. Who listens to this guy????????

From the May 17 broadcast of The Glenn Beck Program:

BECK: Hang on, let me just tell you what I'm thinking. I'm thinking about killing Michael Moore, and I'm wondering if I could kill him myself, or if I would need to hire somebody to do it. No, I think I could. I think he could be looking me in the eye, you know, and I could just be choking the life out -- is this wrong? I stopped wearing my What Would Jesus -- band -- Do, and I've lost all sense of right and wrong now. I used to be able to say, "Yeah, I'd kill Michael Moore," and then I'd see the little band: What Would Jesus Do? And then I'd realize, "Oh, you wouldn't kill Michael Moore. Or at least you wouldn't choke him to death." And you know, well, I'm not sure.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit