Congresswoman Shot in Tucson

by leavingwt 442 Replies latest social current

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    Yes, it was. (although I still do not support her for president) -

Nor do I, but that does not mean that what has happened is right.

BTS

• NeckBeard
    NeckBeard
    The more they hate on her, the stronger she seems to get.

They are turning her into #45! Palin for President!

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

She didn't address the issue at all! I think for it to be an 'excellent response' it would have to at least do that.

Where does she stand on this issue of politicians and talking heads using violent words and imagry to express their views?

From her (lack of) repsonse I can only conclude that she is still in favor of the use of violent words and images and will take no steps to express her political views in non-violent language in the future.

That's very irresponsible for a 'leader' who is supposed to care about the wellfare of our citizens and our country. Not a fan.

• NeckBeard
    NeckBeard
    She didn't address the issue at all!

O you mean the "issue" manufactured by the left on Saturday????

President Reagan said, “We must reject the idea that every time a law’s broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.” Acts of monstrous criminality stand on their own. They begin and end with the criminals who commit them, not collectively with all the citizens of a state, not with those who listen to talk radio, not with maps of swing districts used by both sides of the aisle, not with law-abiding citizens who respectfully exercise their First Amendment rights at campaign rallies, not with those who proudly voted in the last election.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

President Reagan said, “We must reject the idea that every time a law’s broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.” Acts of monstrous criminality stand on their own. They begin and end with the criminals who commit them, not collectively with all the citizens of a state, not with those who listen to talk radio, not with maps of swing districts used by both sides of the aisle, not with law-abiding citizens who respectfully exercise their First Amendment rights at campaign rallies, not with those who proudly voted in the last election.

Well said, very well said.

Of course that means that whoel silly "war on terror" thing is wrong since you need to focus on the PEOPLE doing the acts and that the attacks on Iraq and Afghanistan were wrong since it was Al-Queda and Bin Laden that were guilt of 9/11 and not the "citizens of those states".

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Yet they are already trying to find ways to shut down speech that is inconvenient to them.

You mean irresponsible subliminal images and words of violence against and toward their political opponents, the Democrats.

What if one one these mentally off balanced psychopaths shoots and kills the President along with a few others at a public rally,

are you going be happy about that I suppose ?

• james_woods
    james_woods

You mean irresponsible subliminal images and words of violence against and toward their political opponents, the Democrats.

I am not aware of any "words of violence" against Democrats by any Republican in any official capacity. The secret service actively investigates and even prosecutes such actions.

Also - You are saying that "subliminal images" could cause some nutjob to kill an elected official???

Have you really thought that over? It is as crazy as any 9/11 conspiracy theory...

• journey-on
    journey-on

Sarah answered it perfectly. Anybody that thinks she didn't address the issue needs to read her words again. She is a beautiful person on the inside as well as the outside. She gets it.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Jonah Goldberg posted this about an hour ago:

"But I think that the use of this particular term in this context isn’t ideal. Historically, the term is almost invariably used to describe anti-Semitic myths about how Jews use blood — usually from children — in their rituals."

When even Jonah Goldberg doesn't have a fellow-Republican's back, you know someone has stepped in some major doo.

Adding insult to injury - Congresswoman Giffords happens to be Arizona's first JEWISH Congresswoman.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Woods, these accusations from the Left are just codespeak for STFU.

We WON'T.

They are every bit as guilty of using the same sort of rhetoric, and from the very highest levels, as has been demonstrated repeatedly.

BTS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit