Congresswoman Shot in Tucson

by leavingwt 442 Replies latest social current

• NeckBeard
    NeckBeard
    The Pima County Sheriff’s Department was aware of his violent nature and they failed to act appropriately. This tragedy leads right back to Sherriff Dupnik and all the spin in the world is not going to change that fact.

As a concerned progressive Democrat, it disturbs me that people on these threads are trying to scapegoat a dedicated public servant instead of placing the blame squarely where it is deserved: Palin, Limbaugh, Beck and Bachmann.

• beksbks
    beksbks
    But what we learned from Oklahoma City is not that we should gag each other or that we should reduce our passion for the positions we hold, but that the words we use really do matter because there are – there’s this vast echo chamber. And they go across space and they fall on the serious and the delirious, alike; they fall on the connected and the unhinged, alike. And I am not trying to muzzle anybody.
    But one of the things that the conservatives have always brought to the table in America is a reminder that no law can replace personal responsibility. And the more power you have, and the more influence you have, the more responsibility you have.

Bill Clinton makes it pretty simple and straight forward.

• Violia
    Violia

The blame is on the man who shot those people, not anyone else.

• beksbks
    beksbks

Well Violia I would go so far as to say the parents and the law enforcement, if this story is as it appears, bear some responsibility. The boy is obviously seriously ill.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

thetrueone, finger wagging moralism is pointless. You're dealing with psychopaths and narcissists and I suggest you become acquianted with what a psychopath and a narcissist truly is in order to disabuse yourself of the notion that you can reason with them.

True I get your point Villabolo , what I'm trying to point out that political campaigning should be conducted with a level of responsibility

as to not heighten or stimulate the violent nature of narcissistic psychopaths.

For this particular individual it would be hard to identify or measure how much outside influence was a persuading and probable cause to

build up so much hatred toward the federal government.

Its pretty well confirmed now that he was certainly a delusional psychopath of sorts to be sure.

Lets just say that the threating symbolism of gun use on to political opposers is a bad idea....agree ?

• NeckBeard
    NeckBeard

VIOLENT RHETORIC!

She’s like the ominous blob in the horror films: the more you shoot at it, the bigger and stronger it becomes.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/12/04/opinion/04blow.html

• villabolo
    villabolo

thetrueone, the psychopaths and narcissists I was referring to are the right wing talkers and politicians themselves. It is they that are not capable of anything but lieing, manipulation and, at present, violent rhetoric with intent of intimidating those who oppose them. Loughner was merely psychotic in my view.

Villabolo

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

The family was trying to block the FBI/Police from searching the house. They must all be nuts, why would they do that?

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/2011/01/10/20110110gabrielle-giffords-shooting-suspect-family-barricade-brk10-ON.html

BTS

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

thetrueone, the psychopaths and narcissists I was referring to are the right wing talkers and politicians themselves.

Valid point

OK Neckbeard take it from there, I'm interested to hear what he has to say

• beksbks
    beksbks

BTS, maybe they were afraid, not of the authorities, but media and well, other nutjobs who might be outraged.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit