Congresswoman Shot in Tucson

by leavingwt 442 Replies latest social current

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

Great Job Lisa. And you did it without cursing and calling someone a nasty name. You must be the grown up.

Ditto. :)

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    Ditto. :)

To falsely accuse someone of inciting murder (especially if for political gain) as you did on the first page of this thread is far worse than a few 4 letter words.

By now, the accusations from the left regarding this crime have been thoroughly debunked in the blogosphere.

Game over.

Please play again.

BTS

• beksbks
    beksbks
    Using a symbol for targeting to represent the areas we need to target for a change in leadership does not by any stretch of a sane person's imagination translate into killing someone. Anybody (left or right) that buys into this is just looking for something to help fulfill this administrations paranoid and narcissistic desire to shut down anybody that voices an opposing opinion.
    There has been talk for months and months among the far left that certain media programs that lean right need to be shut down. How utterly ridiculous, but with this administration, nothing would surprise me. These people are off-the-wall-batshit crazy.

Anyone who can't see that the increase in violent rhetoric from the right over the last 2 years is either blind or doesn't want to see. Look at your own paranoid statement right here "ooooh they're coming to silence us". You have just proven the theory. I've NEVER heard anyone say anything about shutting down any media outlet (besides this kind of accusation from posters), other than the push to defund NPR. By the right! Apparently they are also gouging us with taxes, even though taxes are lower than they've been in decades, preparing FEMA camps, trying to take away our guns, making war on Christmas, worshipping Allah, and on and on and on. This stuff has an effect on people who believe it. Fear.

No one is suggesting shutting anything down, they are merely pointing out that those in the public eye have a responsibility, and that this revved up violent rhetoric does have consequences.

• beksbks
    beksbks

Burn your list focuses on the outcome, the loons in the population. It's the leadership and the media who have some kind of duty to act responsibly.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Sarah Palin tweeted her condolences immediately (Congresswoman shot around 10 am, Palin tweets 2 hours later):

On the tragedy in Arizona

- Sarah Palin

by Sarah Palin on Saturday, January 8, 2011 at 12:02pm

On behalf of Todd and my family, we all pray for the victims and their families, and for peace and justice.

My sincere condolences are offered to the family of Rep. Gabrielle Giffords and the other victims of today's tragic shooting in Arizona.

-Sarah Palin

Why? Palin, (or at least her handlers), made the connection instantly.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    Why? Palin, (or at least her handlers), made the connection instantly.

Of course, had she not tweeted her condolences, BizzyBee would have noticed that too, and used it to build a case for guilt as well.

Let me try my hand at this:

FIVE HOURS LATER: President Obama and his wife left Valerie Jarrett's house at 11:11 p.m., after spending five hours at his senior adviser's residence, the pool reports.

The Obamas left the White House for Jarrett's shortly after the president
    spoke about the shooting of Rep. Gabrielle Giffords.

The pool adds: "The two stayed for nearly five hours tonight, coincidentally leaving minutes after the conclusion of two incredibly close NFL playoff games. The Seattle Seahawks upset the New Orleans Saints 41-36, and the New York Jets just eliminated the Indianapolis Colts 17-16 with a late field goal. No news on what POTUS was actually doing.".

http://www.politico.com/politico44/perm/0111/obamas_return_from_jarrett_929b6d61-43fa-48f5-aab1-8e0a3934791c.html

Why did Obama leave right after the shooting to Valerie Jarret's and stay there for 5 hours?

Sounds suspicious!

BTS

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

BTS, are you trying to compare my reasoned, analytical response (pasted below) on page four (not one) to your childish name-calling?

I am saying is that to say Ms. Palin or the "Right" are responsible for this is stretching credibility.

Define "are responsible." You are perhaps correct in only the narrowest of intepretations of the word "responsibility." Are they directly responsible (assuming this does turn out to be politically motivated)? No.

Could they be indirectly responsible? Yes. Could they have created an environment in which such an act might seem appropriate to someone with mental issues? Absolutely. So I do not agree that it is "stretching credibility" to place on them a modicum of blame.

The is a question of duty. Do politicians who have a platform from which to disseminate information and incite the passions of their constituents have a responsibility to do so in a manner so as to not give the appearance of promoting violence? I say yes. On this element, Sarah Palin fails.

• NeckBeard
  • tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

Why does extending condolences equate with making a connection of culpability for the shooting???

This thread is ridiculous!

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    BTS, are you trying to compare my reasoned, analytical response (pasted below) on page four (not one) to your childish name-calling?

Of course not, there is no comparison.

To call these lies "drooling idiocy" isn't even in the same league. It is, in fact, an understatement.

BTS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit