Congresswoman Shot in Tucson

by leavingwt 442 Replies latest social current

• villabolo
    villabolo

Justitia Themis:

"The problem isn't guns. The problem is the fact that Americans have 'issues.' Since it is a mental/emotional problem, we will never be able to formulate a legislative solution."

Those who are familiar with my past posts know I am no conservative but I'll be damned if I don't have my .308 Nato caliber semi auto with half a dozen 20 round magazines and a thousand rounds of stored ammunition.

My purpose for doing so, in general terms, is to protect myself under any circumstances such as social collapse. Rest assured though, that psychopaths like the Gwen Drecks and Hush Limburghers of this world are the very reason the 2nd Ammendment was written.

What really went wrong in the Gifford situation was a lack of security and screening. They should have realized that the atmosphere of hate and terror, that the moral degenerates of conservatism have been generating, would have ended up in such a situation.

Villabolo

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    The focused question into play here is particular involving around GUN violence, not just violence as a generalization.

Violence is violence.

Regarding UK and US:

Trends in recorded violent crime in England and Wales, the United States, Canada, and Australia, rate per 100,000 persons, 1962-2004

http://www.aic.gov.au/en/publications/current%20series/cfi/101-120/~/media/publications/cfi/cfi115.ashx?w=655&h=355&as=1

We've had falling violent crime rates, despite loosening of restrictions in the great majority of states over the last 20 years. The UK skyrocketed in the late 90s, precisely when they passed the 1997 Firearms Act, which almost completely banned the private possession of firearms.

BTS

• james_woods
    james_woods
    Why is it any different in this case?

Why is what any different?- they still have not released enough to judge the real background of this nutcase.

Even JWs who murder, rape, or kidnap people do this because they are pathologically crazy, not necessarily because they were a JW.

Almost all of us here used to be JWs, and none of us would ever think of condoning sociopathic behavior.

I say again - anybody on the left trying to blame this on Sarah Palin is quite simply barking at the moon.

• beksbks
    beksbks

No one is trying to blame this on Sarah Palin.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

haha. Funny.

BTS

• james_woods
    james_woods

Please - maybe you are not, but it is all over a number of threads I have read on the subject.

• beksbks
    beksbks

You really believe that people are saying Sarah Palin is responsible for this???? Hmm well I'm sorry you don't see the bigger picture.

• beksbks
    beksbks
    It looks to me like this crime was basically unpreventable.

The only thing that might have prevented it, is if the people around this guy had been more observant. Or acted when they saw him changing. I still have to wonder where his parents are and have been.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Hello there Beks,

I was watchin' the " VIEW " today and when they brought up about the shooting

they remarked about Sarah Palin and the crosshair targets

that was on her website.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

The UK skyrocketed in the late 90s, precisely when they passed the 1997 Firearms Act , which almost completely banned

the private possession of firearms.

Just reiterate what I mentioned before BTS. an increase in domestic violence has many occurring factors attached such

as economic strife, racial discord, as well as unemployment and there others as well.

You cant correlate the banning of firearms to a direct increase in violence, its an dishonest bias and nothing else.

For example Canada as shown a steady decrease in extreme incidents of violence over the last 10 years across the country,

and are gun regulation laws have stiffen during these the past 10 years. See how you can manipulate statistics !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit