No More Life Story

by Farkel 96 Replies latest jw experiences

• wobble
    wobble

"But to be popular never do toil, or sad bastards will boil you in oil" Thats what the Kinkong Melody said wasn't it ?

For those of us who would love to read the rest of your story perhaps you could let us know where to find it when it is written please Mr Popular, I mean, Farkel ?

• bsmart
    bsmart

Shelby,

Your points are very thought provoking.

I think that we should consider the direction we are going as we leave the borg. Trying to make our lives better and help each other out is always right. We all know that.

Barbara

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    Many wonder why God "allows" religion.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!! Putting the cart before the horse. Ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!

Anyway, Farkel, thanks for answering. It really seems you need to write this and tell it. But it needs to be just told and not dissected as you said. Find that outlet. Power to you.

• AGuest
    AGuest
    Ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!! Putting the cart before the horse. Ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!

Seriously, Jer... you are actually the epitome of what I mean. As someone who used to be a so-called TEACHER of "peace" and "love" (at least, that was the message, wasn't it?)... you'd think that you would have learned something. However, the fact that, rather than simply listening to the message, you HAD to respond in derision... HAD to... COULDN'T help yourself... only proves my point.

It also lends great credence to the saying that, "Those who can't... teach." While the saying may not always be true, it "evidently" is with you: you offer such "evidence" virtually everytime you "speak."

A slave of Christ,

SA, moving on...

• I quit!
    I quit!

Farkel, I figured I'd check in and see if you had changed your mind about continuing your story. I can see that you haven't. I enjoyed reading what you posted but I can understand why you don't want to continue. I think we need an area on this site with a knucklehead filter.

I wish you well.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I quit

He has reconsidered. He will write it but it will not be posted here.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

BTW an excellent choice Farkel

• undercover
    undercover

Damn... I missed all kinds of fireworks...

I hope Farkel keeps writing his story, even if he doesn't share it here. I have a feeling that he probably already has put a lot of his life and experiences down in writing, just not cleaned up enough for outside enjoyment.

Farkel is an acquired taste. To newbies, especially newly disenfranchised JWs, he can come across as brash, know-it-all, stubborn. But it's the sarcasm and wit that cuts that through the cynicism and skepticism and makes him a fun read. The downside to being such a strong personality, it can rub some people the wrong way, partly because they misunderstand, partly because they're too sensitive. In a few cases, it's probably jealousy.

When I first joined, I wasn't sure how to take Farkel. He seemed quick witted, yet not afraid to step on toes. As a newbie, I just kept my head down as the bullets flew back and forth overhead. Over time..and I as researched and became more independant in my thinking, I realized that when it comes to the WTS and it's history, he's got his shit together. He can cut through all the BS with one simple, sarcastic and witty remark that takes all the guesswork out of whatever new dilema faces the organization or its members.

Like him or not, sometimes we need someone to cut through all the feel-good bullshit to smack some sense in us.

• Farkel
    Farkel

undercover,

:sometimes we need someone to cut through all the feel-good bullshit to smack some sense in us.

As a very long time member of this board who has seen my good stuff and whiny stuff and all my other stuff over the last decade, you described me and what I do on discussion boards as if you had known me all your life.

Some of the newbies come in with their spit and vinegar and convinced only THEY know how to help dubs get out and wake up. It would do them well to remember there were people who came long before them who have helped hundreds and thousands of people out, and that just maybe, those newbies don't know what they think they know, and that they would do well to just hide and watch for a while before they jump in and start criticizing as clueless twits.

Thank you, undercover.

Farkel

• shamus100
    shamus100

Farkie,

Where are you posting it? Freeminds?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit