Some observations from the KM Elder School I wanted to share with you.

by miseryloveselders 139 Replies latest jw friends

• snowbird
    snowbird

Your pride in your niece really shows, Flipper.

Kudos to you and Mrs. Flipper for supporting her.

Her mother is making a grave mistake, however, at one time, I would have behaved in much the same manner.

Yes, I'm proud of our kids, but I will be even prouder when they see through the WT's BS.

Syl

• snowbird
    snowbird

Hi, WasBlind.

The WT knows its teachings can't stand up under close scrutiny.

That's why they hate college with such a passion.

Syl

• wasblind
    wasblind

" The WT and all its Grand Poobahs can kiss the blackness of our collective you-know-what"

I'm with you there Syl, I ain't even gonna grease mine up with any lotion

I'm gonna leave it black and ashy

• flipper
    flipper

SNOWBIRD- Thanks, I appreciate it. Yes, I'm very proud of my niece and her accomplishments in spite of the adversity. SOMEBODY has to support my niece ! Jeez.

WASBLIND- Very true. WT society acts like it's EVIL to get ANY knowledge outside of the witnesses. But getting THAT knowledge is what's saving people out of the JW cult and assisting them to escape ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• snowbird
    snowbird
    I'm with you there Syl, I ain't even gonna grease mine up with any lotion
    I'm gonna leave it black and ashy

ROFL!

Girlfriend, you got that all up in you!

Syl

• wasblind
    wasblind

Um Hmm,

• thenoblelodge
    thenoblelodge
    I heard brothers go, "what!!" I looked to my right, and saw two older brothers who reminded me of Statler and Waldorf from Sesame Street, look at each other in astonishment.

Sums em up....wouldn't it be great if they all start heckling at the next elder get together. I've always said they are nothing but muppets. Oops sorry I mean those NOT of the conscious class. You ex/active elders on JWN rock.

Thanks misery and I hope your virus clears up soon.

Peace.

• Girlie
    Girlie

"Thanks MLE for enlightening all of us! It makes me so excited to start back at the university on monday :)"

I second that, CHG. I start on Jan. 24th. Thanks for sharing this information, MLE.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

miseryloveselders:

Yes!! They did use the term supplemental education! I'll relay to all of you the best I can from the notes I have on that particular term. The part on education was titled Pursue Divine Education ...

From what you describe, the talk sounds just like the one given to the MSs (maybe more padded out than the MS one perhaps?). I posted a very brief sketch on the other thread - http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/204099/2/Favorite-quote-from-2011-School-for-Ministerial-Servants#3850275

... That talk led into a talk titled Trust the Faithful and Discreet Slave. Thats another outline I'd love to see leaked online. My notes on that are really jumbled up because it was a talk that was all over the place, and to be honest with you.......I think that was done on purpose. It wasnt meant to be a talk that you could keep up with. To be fair to whomever did that outline, maybe that wasn't the case, and maybe I was just tired. It was a long two days at that school and I was exhausted after it was over. Mentally drained. But that talk in my opinion was a puzzle, and I felt like I was momentarily disoriented while trying to keep up with it and taking notes. It touched on everything from the Governing Body's inception in 33 CE, to its modification in 49 CE. This was compared to the 71" Legal Body of the WT vs the modern day Governing Body. Someone else is going to have to give me a hand on this one, cuz it left me in a tailspin.

I'm assuming this was also the same one as what was presented to the MSs (which, according to my source and the notes he kept, was exactly the same outline as the one given to the MSs for the 2006 School).

It went something like this:

Mal. 3:1-3 was used (Lord coming to temple, refining, etc.). The anointed remnant have been feeding the domestics since 1879 [!!!]. Examples were given where they have fulfilled their commission to preach the Good News like 'The Photo Drama of Creation.' Approved and acknowledged in 1919. It's vital we correctly identify and trust the 'slave.'

The apostles in the 1st century took the lead in the Governing Body, for example Acts 4, 5 and 15. Sent decrees out to the congos according to Acts 16. Representatives of the 'slave class' distributed the 'food at the proper time.'

Used to be the Board of Directors of the WTS but the term 'Governing Body' appeared in the lit. in 1944; then in 1971 the Watchtower clarified the relationship of the GB to the WTS directors; GB now varies between 7 and 18 members; in 1976 committees came in and they deserve our full cooperation.

Jesus Christ appointed the 'slave' so that is a good reason to trust it/them and we will be blessed if we do so. They are in heart-harmony with the Word of God. WT March 1, 1925 was cited where it said that "personnel makes no difference" - it's only the office or place in the body that matters.

Can anyone else add to this summary?

• Franklin Massey
    Franklin Massey

Attending the KM school was the final push I needed to move from "long time lurker" to "official forum member." Greetings, everyone.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit