Some observations from the KM Elder School I wanted to share with you.

by miseryloveselders 139 Replies latest jw friends

• I quit!
    I quit!

Thanks for the info Misery. I'm glad your feeling better.

The world has past them by. They are a cult from a bygone era. It is hard to believe that they are still trying to get their youth to give up an education in favor of wandering the streets peddling magazine that no one but them really cares about. Even legitimate magazine and book publishing companies are struggling with how to deal with people getting their information electronically yet these morons are still trying to get force to hand deliver their literature. Add to that the Watchtower's problem of try to figure out ways of keeping their followers off the internet where they can learn about the real Watchtower. No wonder they are acting like corner animal.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

on the previous page.......traveb from Silicon Valley has joined our community also......WELCOME !

• snowbird
    snowbird
    Snowbird,

It is criminal of Watchtower not to support and encourage the sort of educational initiative demonstrated by your daughter and nephew and--forgive me for saying it in case it does not come out right--particularly given their ethic disposition. The black community is in desperate need of alpha types who refuse to cave to demeaning peer pressure and will not let themselves be kept from ongoing education. Your outspoken support of your relatives is undoubtedly helpful to them, but not only them. Watchtower should be doing the same thing, and we both know why. Watchtower wants folks to stay ignorant of anything that would challenge a word it says.

That's spot-on, Marvin.

My daughter has the hardest time convincing her teen sons of the value and importance of getting an education.

Other parents have the same problem.

You're right - it's downright criminal of WT to promote such a stance.

Have they any idea of how hard it is out here?

Apparently not.

Syl

• oppostate
    oppostate

Best news from the School at Holyoke Kingdom Hall in Mass. was shared during the ride home.

It seems Everett Rodrigues (Pronounced ROD-ricks by him so it sounds more American) who

used to be a CO in Mass and R.I. was recently appointed as DO, but didn't last long and after a

few months as DO has been ASKED TO STEP DOWN due to some miss-handled ABUSE matter.

• james_woods
    james_woods

Have they any idea of how hard it is out here?

Apparently not.

Either that, or they just simply don't care. Which I think is more likely.

• james_woods
    james_woods
    after a
    few months as DO has been ASKED TO STEP DOWN due to some miss-handled ABUSE matter.

What miss-handling did he do? Actually turn some child molester in to the police?

• Cadellin
    Cadellin

Welcome, Franklin and Traveb--looking forward to hearing more from both of you!

• Think About It
    Think About It

Traveb......welcome to the forum. Look forward to more posts.

Think About It

• curiousconfused
    curiousconfused

By the way, lots of you are asking to see the outline for the talk "Trust the Faithful and Discreet Slave" - there is nothing secret about it, apart from one quote from a 1925 WT, its just all taken from the chapter in the OD book of the same name - chapter 3 I think. Sorry its not more exciting than that...

cc

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I'm late to this thread but thanks so much for your info, misery. Hope you're feeling better soon.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit