Some observations from the KM Elder School I wanted to share with you.

by miseryloveselders 139 Replies latest jw friends

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

Thank you Misery...

I have spent the last hour reading the previous 5 pages. I want to scream - it is so infuriating.

Where are the mothers in all of this? Do they not have a voice of how their own children are raised?????!!!!??? It is time for the mothers to say "F*** your position as an elder, dear husband, but these are MY children! They do not belong to anyone else but us! It is my way or the F'in' highway!"

Didn't Willie Nelson write a song about this?

Mama don't let your babies grow up to be J'dubs

Make em be doctors and lawyers and such

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Women are less than nothing to the Borg, Magwitch. A 10 year old baptized boy is worth more than a woman of any age and credentials to the Borg.

• Meeting Junkie No More
    Meeting Junkie No More

Misery Loves Elders thanks so much for that very detailed report...sorry to hear you are suffering with the virus and hopefully now on the mend.

From our vantage point (being out), I truly agree these schools are verging on the bizarre in more ways than one. But what never ceases to amaze me is the 'specialness' with which some of the appointed 'servants' view these clubfests. To hear still-in relatives tell it, these are the timeliest and most privileged schools one can attend in this time of the end, yada yada. I want to scream! but of course, have to nod as they drone on about how detailed the information is and how up-to-date the faithful slave is on their knowledge of how things are really progressing around the world - I kid you not. Apparently, any worldly media reports, including anything on the internet, is out there obscuring the real facts, which only the GB as God's chosen group are privy to. I think a lot of the older elders, even if they have the internet, view it as sort of a necessary evil in order to connect to Head Office to submit field service reports, etc. but would never look at any other sites (nor do they have the time with all the BS Headquarters keeps them busy with). So, whatever they hear at these schools they drink in as if it's mother's milk.

So, I agree with your observation that eventually there has to be a major crack down the middle, between the truly deluded and anybody with half a brain - a civil war, as you describe - can't be long in coming now. The times they are a'changin for sure.

Thanks again for sharing all that info...must have been fairly amusing and painful to listen to all at the same time.

Edited to add - YES WELCOME to all the newbies!

• Terry
    Terry

Elder School should begin by having everyone look up the definition of homo sapien.

That "sapien" part is of particular interest. It's why the other animals don't have US in cages!

Any group, social or otherwise, that dumbs down the membership is red flagging its inferiority complex and making it official.

Supression of curiousity and healthy skepticism reveals a paranoid awareness of organizational vulnerability to embarassing weaknesses.

Threats are made by bullies and the encouragement of ratting out one's peers is the hallmark of suppressive fascists.

The individual cannot be allowed or encouraged in a collective devoted to ethusiasm over the destruction of the majority of mankind.

This superstition (Jehovah's Witnesses) is Luddite, knuckle-dragging and hallucinatory as well as representationally false in premise; Jehovah's Witnesses serve a King who does nothing and a God whose name their own activities have besmirched with embarrassing demonstrations of lunatic fear mongering falsity!

KM School=Knuckle-dragging Morons

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

Culpable! I can't believe they used that word. The dictionary defines it as being negligent and blameworthy. He made it sound like any elder who didn't review the qualifications was guilty of a crime.

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

Nothing new under the sun... **Gag**

Snakes (Rich )

ps... to oppostate:

School at Holyoke Kingdom Hall in Mass

interesting... we will be in Holyoke this May for my fiancee for her daughter's graduation. Never been to Mass. before. We might fly into Providence since I have a HS friend in New Bedford. Any suggestions for hotels in the area?

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney
    Apparently, any worldly media reports, including anything on the internet, is out there obscuring the real facts, which only the GB as God's chosen group are privy to.

My cousin and his wife joined a cult a few years ago that is aligned with the sacred name movement. They shun christmas and most other holidays, just like JWs. His wife is particularly indoctrinated into the movement.

It is impossible to have a normal conversation with her. She constantly brings up debunked conspiracy theories as fact and goes on about how the real truth isn't getting out to the masses. She has access to this knowledge because her church leaders are in "the know." It's mostly apocalyptical stuff...crap that's supposed to prove the imminence of Armageddon.

The funny part is that your typical JW would easily be able to spot this wackiness, but they are incapable of seeing how they, themselves, are in the same boat.

• DagothUr
    DagothUr

Thanks for the information.

• laverite
    laverite

Awesome post MLE. As some of youl know, this is an area that I feel quite strongly about. MLE you SHOULD be a college graduate. You are brilliant. And you DESERVE to be a college graduate. Also, Curious Butterfly is another one that I feel strongly should have a degree. She's a smart one, for sure.

These developments make me want to scream.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

I'll second Miz going for a degree. Maybe a business degree or something relevant to what he's already doing. Or what he WANTS to be doing.

He's wasting his time, energy and youth to a cult that is destructive and demeaning.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit