Some observations from the KM Elder School I wanted to share with you.

by miseryloveselders 139 Replies latest jw friends

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

dude, thanks you remind of Timothy yeah the one from the biblia.

Whats wrong with 7-11? They make good coffee, specially from indian beans.

You are brilliant. And you DESERVE to be a college graduate

what about everybody else?

• metatron
    metatron

I gotta say, judging from the comments here, that this could break them. You'll never get typical Witness zombies to change but there might be enough Witnesses to see this anti-college move as the final straw - particularly the ones with money and skills - and that could cripple them.

They keep pushing this 'King Rehoboam' attitude and the result will be exactly what Rehoboam triggered.

metatron

• VM44
    VM44

I still want to know for what "transgression" the elder would be found "culpable"!

Or is this twit just making things up as he spoke?

There is no transgression!

• Red Piller
    Red Piller

Thanks Misery. These are invaluable insights.

• darthfader
    darthfader

How many "local customs" are imposed on the rank and file without "guidance" from Mother? In Phoenix we has some zealous congregations that banned cowboy boots, bolo ties and required jackets for field service in summer time. These made no sense but were originally started by a CO from back east. One dude spouts off an opinion and all the brothers run to oblige.

• Gayle
    Gayle

I hope at least some or enough elders, ministerial servants, and any other JW can rise up and see at least their own children deserve a better life and not risk seeing their own children grow up and face an unnessary harder life as they too wait and age for this New World promised by the governing body/god of JWs.

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

I still want to know for what "transgression" the elder would be found "culpable"!

So what if the non-reviewing elders are "culpable." So what if they even identify and/or articulate a supposed "transgression" or offense.

What are they going to do about it? Remove the elder whose child went to college AND the elder body that didn't review/remove him?

These are nothing but empty, childish threats to which only equally child-like men will respond.

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

I'm about to hit the sack, but I wanted to post this before doing so. These notes that I'm going to relay to you are in relation to the talk titled, Do All Things For God's Glory. Usually when you read or hear the verse where the title of that outline came from , which is 1 Cor 10:31, you tend to apply it to recreation. However in this particular case, he discussed more than simply recreation.

You could categorize this discourse as the How To Treat A Disfellowshipped Relative special talk. The grand puba did this talk as well. He started off by displaying empathy on behalf of the JWs who have DFd loved ones. He made it clear to the audience that it wasn't there fault why ones get DF'd or DA'd. He then made two strong statements. 1# Emotions cloud our judgement and that we should not be so unreasonable that we begin to associate freely with those who're DFd or DA'd. #2 He stated that active JWs in good standing have to come to the realization that the DFd relative "turned their back on Jehovah", also, "They no longer want to serve Jehovah." I'm under the impression that he didn't mention anything about the organization at this point, so that people wouldn't correlate that serving Jehovah is essentially serving the organization, primarily the faithful and discreet slave class. He went on to expound upon 1 Corinthians 10:31 where it states, "whether eating or drinking, or whatever you do, do all things for the glory of God." This is where it gets interesting.

Acording to the Grand Puba, communicating via social networks on the internet, "does not bring praise to Jehovah." Further if we're communicating with DF'd or DA'd ones online via these social gathering websites, then we're going against the direction of Jehovah and his faithful and discreet slave. He then read 1 Cor 5:11 which speaks on "not even eating with such a man." He used 2 John 10 which goes, "never recieve him into your homes, or say a greeting to him." He stated that these verse support having the absolute minimal contact with DFd or DAd relatives. He referenced the God's Love book pages 207-209 where he reiterated that strict avoidance of known wrongdoers should be maintained. He also referenced the August 2002 Kingdom Ministry, page 4, paragraphs 10, 11. The grand puba stated that if any elder allows a disfelloshipped family member such as a son or a father to stay with them for whatever reason, the elder body needs to review that elder's qualifications. He referenced the God's Love book pages 207-209, and the KM August 2002 page 4.

He then dug down, hard and heavy on social networking. He stated we should have a balanced view when it comes to these activities. He stated that people communicating online in many cases reflect the shameless attitudes found in the world. The time spent online communicating can choke out spiritual activities, not to mention the bad association found in online social networking sites. At this point he relayed a recent judical investigation , or maybe I should say multiple judicial investigations, which many of had produced 3-man judicial committees. Apparently there had been recently a large unchaperoned JW gathering that was organized online somehow. Supposedly drug use, excessive alcohol, underage drinking, and fornication were prevelant at these gatherings. He stated that, and get this.............51 congregations, 14 circuits in 4 different states were involved in this gathering that went awry. 100 young ones were inplicated.

Now this is what made me laugh, I personally found what I'm about to type to be one of the most hilarious things I've ever heard, not to mention what you're about the read seemed like an authentic account. Apparently when the judicial investigative committees were playing Law & Order on the young JWs associated with this gathering, technology bit the elders in the booty. They didn't get to implicate and investigate as many as they wanted to because get this........the young JWs who were interrogated first, went online and communicated to others to be cautious as an investigation is underway. As a result the informed younger JWs took steps to avoid any potential judicial committees. Once again the internet is hurting the WT in ways beyond their scope and reach.

The Grand puba then stated,"Elders have the right to monitor the entertainment choices of others and have been designated that authority by the faithful and discreet slave."

One last thing I wanted to share with you before I hit to sack, and I'm really ready to pass out!! You remember that fiasco a year or so back about the WT making it clear that don't authorize or promote sites regarding the WT or JWs? You remember, websites that posted the daily text, or answers to the oral review, or kingdom hall meeting times, or any random pro WT/JW website? The Grand Puba stated that none of these websites are necessary or needed. All we need is what we get from the faithful and discreet slave. He then called the faithful and discreet slave, and I kid you not, he called the faithful and discreet slave...........The Supreme Court. He did that for illustration purposes, but it still left me with my mouth on my lap. He stated that orders have come done from on high regarding these websites and our association with DFd relatives and friends. He partially concluded by saying that in regards to 1 Cor 10:31, that many are failing in that regard. So we're failing when it comes to praising Jehovah, especially when not following the admonition provided by the faithful and discreet slave.

• sweet pea
    sweet pea

Sounds more and more like the Gestapo every day . . .

Thanks for taking the time to share this information MLE - hats off to you for sitting through it all and for regurgitating it for us all to witness.

Just makes me sad so many held captive are missing out on precious relationships (my staunch elder BIL and wife still shun us and their 2 beautiful nephews - their childhood will be over all too soon, time that can be never got back), yet in their own minds they're convinced they're doing the right thing - showing tough love and staying 'faithful to Jehovah' when all along they're slaves to a cruel organisation that ultimately will give them nothing of value back.

• VM44
    VM44

Elders have the right to monitor the entertainment choices of others and have been designated that authority by the faithful and discreet slave."

Again, this person is confusing (or uses the terms interchangably) the "Faithful and Discreet Slave" with "The Governing Body"!

And The Watchotwer does the same thing with "The Faithful and Discreet Slave" and "Jehovah God"

Maybe The Watchtower has its own Trinity?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit