Some observations from the KM Elder School I wanted to share with you.

by miseryloveselders 139 Replies latest jw friends

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    His last name rhymes with "ante."

I would assume that it was David Mercante.

• Coffee House Girl
    Coffee House Girl

Thanks MLE for enlightening all of us! It makes me so excited to start back at the university on monday :)

CHG

• clarity
    clarity

Thank you so much MLE for the good work that you do.

It is great to be informed. The society/Gb treats us like mushrooms ...they keep us in the dark and feed us horse manure!lol

clarity

• clarity
    clarity

Oh sorry, I hope your'e feeling much better soon.

Remember the magazine that stated 'their' stand on higher education? ... something about, people who are educated are harder to lead? (post it if you've got it plse)

May I quote Henry Brouchan...you gotta love this!

"Education makes people easy to lead, but difficult to drive; Easy to govern; but impossible to enslave."

clarity

• flipper
    flipper

MISERY- Thanks for sharing these insights with us. As always the WT society once again is hypocritical in bashing rank and file members from educating themselves at college , or elders who have children- yet it's common knowledge that quite a few of Bethel appointed attorneys and others have been put through college by the organization in order to serve the Bethel needs or WT society needs. What's good for the goose is NOT good for the gander . One of the reasons I left this organization was it's gross hypocrisy. I see it's still alive and well. As well as dumbing down all the beggarly rank and file knaves so they don't know WHAT the hell is going on - only that they are supposed to follow orders from the GB. It sickens my stomach to know I have 2 adult daughters being manipulated by this crap still

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

haven't had time to read the responses, but I just wanted to say thanks MLE. Really do appreciate your opinion and viewpoint. I am going to go back and read up on the responses now.

• VM44
    VM44
    The grand puba started off this discourse by mentioning the thoughts of a certain Joseph Addison. I couldn't locate the exact quote online, but it was along the lines of "education shapes lives."

Could this be the quote?

"What sculpture is to a block of marble, education is to a human soul."
    — Joseph Addison

• whathappened
    whathappened

The WTBS is the modern day scribes and pharasies. They teach their own traditions of men as if it were the word of God. the keep adding and adding, tweeking and tweeking until you can't help but make the comparison. They go above and beyond what was written. They have made the Watchtower a suppliment of the Holy Bible. These so called Bible study aids are treated as an addition the the scriptures...you better do as we say!

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

Great thread misery...

I think the watchtower corp knows exactly what is going on. I dont think that are in the dark when it comes to anything. possibly due in part to our frequent postings here!

They are tightening up. They will insist and get greater control over everything, JWs leisure time, work, education, cash and assetts from here in on. Those that dont submit will be out.

they will and are downsizing for a smaller but more profitable bottom line.

my thoughts, anyway...

oz

• DanaBug
    DanaBug

Thanks for sharing, mle. Can't wait to here more but get better first!

Reading stuff like this gives me hope but scares me too. If the grip is tightening, either my family still in will wake up or they'll follow to their own demise.

The ones at the top really are hypocritical bastards.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit