Introduction

by dontplaceliterature 85 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• mrquik
    mrquik

Hi DPL; Leaving the WT is a personal venture. Everyone has to consider the cost. The fade works for some. My daughter has been doing this for 12 yrs. Myself, I was too disgusted with the lies to go back. Hope your journey out does not cost too many things dear to you. Best of Luck.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

If your wife has issues with the doctrine, and is mainly in for social reasons, there is a chance she could leave over time if she can find replacement friends. Have you tried introducing her to new interests and people? Maybe start to get more involved with activities with your child's school.

• dontplaceliterature
    dontplaceliterature

Thanks jwfacts.

I am working on just that in some very specific ways already, but she doesn't seem interested in getting involved at this point. We'll see what happens.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Hey DPL. I have found your story interesting from the start. Our deconversions seem to have occurred about the same time, give or take.

The very first thing I thought after I thought "this is all bullshit" was "how in the hell do I replace all this?" Being a JW is one stop shopping: past, present and future all decided for you, no worries, no decisions. Just being mentally out requires a stomach for ambiguity and uncertainty, something you and I might not have a problem with, but our wives are different (from us). Can I truly provide a replacement "framework" for my wife? No, in the end, it will be up to her to decide, but I am doing my best. I started school (which she supports wholeheartedly) and am planning activities (charity type stuff) outside of the framework we were raised in. I have also hinted at our post-retirement life, which certainly does not include petting pandas or pioneering, but a new career/direction for our family. She seems to be looking forward to it, although unsure how things will pan out. I call her several times a day to reassure her of my love, more than I ever have.

I ain't easy, that's the only thing for sure.

• dontplaceliterature
    dontplaceliterature

Good for you, breakfast. Keep it up, man! You're right, again, here. It does take some serious guts to makes decisions and live with the consequences. Jehovah's Witnesses are used to not having to do this, at least not regarding important decisions. They need only consult the WTLB CDROM or talk to a local Elder to find out what they should do next. Then, if it doesn't pan out, it's not their fault, they just did what the GB told them, so Jehovah will reward them for being loyal. Crazy.

• baltar447
    baltar447

Man, when I read stories of those that are fading and your wifes are still beholden to the borg, it makes me really grateful that my wife and I left together. I hope that other spouses will wake up too in time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit