BOE LTR Dec 26, 2010 "Increased Activity April 2011"....Transcript....

by yknot 93 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• blondie
    blondie

That's right, cofty...90 hours was the monthly goal....but I live in an area that had lot's of snow every winter, so it was no surprise people did not make 90. The elders here did not expect a slip, just a verbal explanation. Man, in one congregation you could be 200 hours behind and no one would talk to you and would not even mention taking you off the list.

*** km 8/86 p. 6 par. 24 Continued Increase Calls for Simplification of Procedures ***Elders will want to have a reasonable assurance that the one applying can consistently report 90 hours each month and be able to meet the requirement of 1,000 hours by the end of the service year. Requirements that have not been specified by the Society should not be imposed.

*** km 10/76 p. 4 par. 8 The Pioneer’s Part in Gathering More of the "Great Crowd" ***Now the regular pioneers have a goal of 90 hours each month and it is hoped the major part of that time can be used in house-to-house preaching and making return visits. By reaching this goal of 90 hours a month, it would be possible to have a total of 1,080 hours for the year. However, some of this time may be used for attending two circuit assemblies and one district assembly as well as enjoying a vacation period, if desired.

*** km 10/76 p. 4 par. 9 The Pioneer’s Part in Gathering More of the "Great Crowd" ***Likely, many of these zealous publishers will now see their way clear to devote 90 hours a month to the field activity, especially with the assurance that they will not need to discontinue the pioneer work at the end of the service year as long as they can report atleast1,000hoursfortheyear. These reduced requirements take into account the financial and other pressures that many are experiencing due to inflation and related factors, and will make it possible for one to serve Jehovah as a pioneer with a greater assurance of success.

• clarity
    clarity

In 1960's, went 'vacation' pioneering ... some vacation! 4 little kids ... it was nuts!

Geeze the 30 hrs now could be a breeze ... just stick an Awake mag in the back window of the car... and go on about your business. After 30 hrs remove magazine. Done!

Thanks for posting those letters. The elite always have a secretive, sleazy approach to revealing information ... "don't tell the fools r&f until we give the signal!" ha ha ha.

Gratitude to our friends

clarity

• man711
    man711

Being a pioneer actually has become a joke compared to when I did.

• tiki
    tiki

Haha How ridiculous. I was kicked off of pioneering 40 years ago because I couldn't manage to get more than 3 or 4 "Bible Studies" (you had to average at least 7 back then)....you had to place 100 magazines have so many RV's.....AND 100 hours a month. But, you were "special" and made to feel superior to the rest of the poor mice.

It seems to me that all this dilution of "privilege/duty" whatever you want to call it is simply an admission that you can't browbeat people to such fanatical levels that were formerly in place. Plus, if you are subsisting solely on wages from menial labor, in this economy you would have to spend more time working just for basic needs and housing. So, where is the time going to come from to go running from empty house to empty house?

I seriously wish I had never known the stupidity.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Funny how they will lower the hours bar this way, but raise other control standards as noted in the new elders' book.

• Scully
    Scully

Wow, only an hour and change a day?

That's totally doable, especially if you hang out in AOL chatrooms like JWs and Friends.

• Scully
    Scully

Maybe it's just me but this sounds like it has potential as a facebook game.

Classifications:

Level 1 Publisher (formerly "irregular publisher" - at least one month with no report during a sixth month period)

Level 2 Publisher (formerly "low hour publisher" - averaging below 10 hours per month per 6 month period)

Level 3 Publisher (formerly "publisher" - averaging 10 or more hours per month)

Level 1 Pioneer * NEW (commitment to a minimum of 30 hours per month)

Level 2 Pioneer (formerly Auxiliary Pioneer - minimum 50 hours per month (no change))

Level 3 Pioneer (formerly Regular Pioneer - average 800 hours per year (no change))

• undercover
    undercover

I guess the WTS feels the need to counteract the efforts of that upstart Harold Camping and his followers who are getting attention with their end of the world in May message.

Problem is... with so many people going around preaching end times, people are gonna get one cult confused with the other...

• Gayle
    Gayle

I forget, what are the "special pioneers" (Level 4 Pioneer?) required for hours now? I wonder how many of those there are now-a-days? On the Service Report, are they included in the "Pioneer" group?

• Scully
    Scully

It always kind of bugged me that Regular Pioneers™ could count Field Service™ time sitting on their backsides during the sessions at District Conventions™ and Circuit Assemblies™, but Auxiliary Pioneers™ could not. That's when I took note of the extensive "convention hopping" that lots of Pioneers™ did all summer long, going from one convention to another, and yet they always managed to make their monthly quota of hours.

Hell, it pissed me off to no end when a couple of Special Pioneers™, while being coached to testify as character witnesses in a child custody case for a Bible Study™ of theirs, were allowed to count their Field Service™ time. Two other Sisters™ who weren't Pioneers™ did the same thing, but were not allowed to count the time.

To say the least, it made me a bit cynical.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit