DEMONS

by Band on the Run 64 Replies latest jw friends

• cantleave
    cantleave

I'm scared of demunz - and the loch ness monster and can't wait for santa claus to give me gifts in a couple of days.

• Robert7
    Robert7

Demons are like the monsters in Monsters Inc. They only "bother" you if you believe in them. Notice how no one who doesn't believe in demons ever gets bothered by them. They are just part of our imaginations.

Now in your case, you obviously are suffering from a lifetime of WT fear-mongering, so that's a different story... sorry to hear what you are going thru... To me the biggest thing is to keep reminding yourself that they don't exist, but I know it's not always that easy.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Almost everyone has a camera on thier cell phone. Will someone please snap a photo of the next demon they see, if possible? I'd sure like to see one.

• bigmac
    bigmac

i was brought up as a jw brat in the early 60's, my mom being a newly recruited fanatic who tended to blend watchtower doctrine with old wives tales.

many i night ,as a kid, i had nightmares about the demons---talk about child abuse---

--years later, i heard my rutherturdite mother- in -law filling my own kids heads with demon crap--what sick filth is that?

you want to beleive in the demons--go right ahead

you want a normal life-----what more need be said.

• sinis
    sinis

I've seen the other side... nothing to fear. Hell, if it was good enough for the son of man to talk to them, why not us humans...

• cantleave
    cantleave

you want to beleive in the demons--go right ahead

you want a normal life-----what more need be said

Big Mac - you got it!

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Demons are like the monsters in Monsters Inc. They only "bother" you if you believe in them. Notice how no one who doesn't believe in demons ever gets bothered by them. They are just part of our imaginations.

I would go one step farther. A little bit like the American gods in "American Gods" they ONLY exist when you believe in them, BECAUSE we create them. Not imaginary like Santa Claus, but an actual creation of the mind. Yeah, our minds can do stuff to us; there are parts of our mind, personalities in there, who we may never have consciously met before. Once in awhile, when we let them, they step out and do things. I don't for one minute believe there are external "spirit" life forms that move crap around and flip light switches in our houses. THEY are US.

• sinis
    sinis

Mad Sweeney:

It is obvious you have never witnessed the other side personally with a RASH, LOGICAL and OPEN mind. I have, and it is quite interesting, for lack of a better word... I'm not talking self delusional feelings of something happening, I'm talking the real deal. All I know is the experience, scared the holy shit out of my animals while the ceremony was proceeding...

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

Who has actually seen a demon?

The same number that has actually seen an angel.

Demons and sex seem to be related. I'm wondering if this wanton sex is what scared me.

Since they were first talked about. It's supposed to scare you, and make you afraid of sex. Sex is bad, m'kay?

Enough bad things exist in this world without borrowing from an imaginary spirit world.

You said it.

• sinis
    sinis

It is painfully obvious that spirits (I won't say demon, because that is a misnomer) are real. BM ceremonys do not always yield results, and I would venture to say 90%+ of the time nothing happens. However, with that said, I have had the privilege on a few occasions to witness the surreal...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit