DEMONS

by Band on the Run 64 Replies latest jw friends

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

The vast majority have never seen and hopefully never will see, a Demon, a fallen spirit.

If you have there is NO ONE that can tell you you haven't, but if you haven't there is nothing that can prove their existence to you.

Their Goal is to keep a person from God's grace, the moment they acomplish that, they have done their "job".

• ziddina
    ziddina
    I'm scared of demunz - and the loch ness monster and can't wait for santa claus to give me gifts in a couple of days.

HaW!!! Can't Leave - GOOD one!!!

"THEY are US"...

Ha, ha!!! Hey, Mad Sweeney!!! Remember the comic strip "Pogo"?????

"We has met the enemy and they is us..."

Ah, Sinis...

"It is obvious you have never witnessed the other side personally with a RASH, LOGICAL and OPEN mind. ..."

I think you meant, "rational"... Never mind. Your original word was more fitting...

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I stopped believing in the demons when I stopped believing in J W's..It all went down the toilet together, for me.

During the time that I was "in", I accepted the belief, but it was never a personal fear of mine. I had noticed that all the dubs who claimed to have had such experiences were the more highly strung and emotional "sisters"...The Demons never seemed to bother down - to Earth people..So I had already figured that an awful lot of the stories were in fact figments of their imagination..

It is certainly easy to let the imagination take control, if you are presented with these things as definite beliefs by those whom you view as your spiritual guide !

Wt 63 3/15 p189

"When under demon assault pray to God, using his divine name, since “the name of Jehovah is a strong tower. Into it the righteous runs and is given protection.” If demon voices harass you, pray to Jehovah out loud, relying on Him for help, “and the peace of God that excels all thought will guard your hearts and your mental powers.”—Eph. 6:18; Prov. 18:10; Phil. 4:7.
    If demon assault comes at night, light may be helpful. Under no circumstances give way to hysteria and panic, which might induce a nervous breakdown—just what the demons want to bring about. Pray. Study God’s Word, such as Psalm 119. Realize that Job and Jesus Christ were under assault from the Devil; they resisted successfully, and so can you."

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Humor sheds the best light on it. Friends laugh the way I related my fear of spooks. Here on this site, it is hard to be funny b/c I have this irrational fear. Some brainwashed things stay longer than others. An adult must bring a totally different mind set. Again, I don't believe the Governing Body believes in demons. No one ever described what demons look like. I don't even remember an illustration in the WT. They related something guaranteed to bring hysteria and panic. Are we supposed to Witness to them and count the time spent? What normal person inflincts this on young childlren? Many people in the world don't understand my utter contempt for the Witnesses. I do go a bit overboard. But they see nice looking, meek families worshipping God. I saw outright craziness. I heard about Jehovah's wrath and rarely of Jesus. The name of Jesus should scatter any horrid demons. My young life was full of fright -- blood transfusions, demons, Armageddon, Ministry School where I was always rebuked, remnant (my great grandfather was a remnant from Russell days. He was in heaven with the 143,999 and could see me take a bath. I did not like that), Abraham and Isaac, no flag salute even during the Cuban Missile Crisis, the list goes on.

Jehovah isn't God's name. It is YHWH without any vowels. Jews who practice will write G-d. The vowels are omitted to highlight the sacredness of the name. The Witnesses are correct about some things. The WT and Awake did address current events and history. It gave them a false authority in my mind. I always felt if I could just be better things would be perfect in my life. Never did I feel I would survive Armageddon. It is a stretch to call them Christian. They are Jehovahist. Since leaving, I've studied Christianity and other religions. There are beautiful truths in all these religions. I became part of a questioning questioning. My Anglican priests never gave me simple answers. I used to tease them. They said the church was a community of people asking the same questions together. Despite advanced formal study, the most authentic part of a Christian is how they treat other people.

• Lion Cask
    Lion Cask
    The vast majority have never seen and hopefully never will see, a Demon, a fallen spirit. If you have there is NO ONE that can tell you you haven't, but if you haven't there is nothing that can prove their existence to you.

Well, maybe with the exception of a psychiatrist, PSacramento.

• ziddina
    ziddina

DAY - Yammmmm!!!!

Two days before Christmas, and the "Demunzzz" thread is HOPPIN'!!!!

Man, I am PROUD of youse guys!!!

Zid - who's always had a bit of a fascination with the "dark side" - well, if you count volcanoes...

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Ha, ha!!! Hey, Mad Sweeney!!! Remember the comic strip "Pogo"?????

I had forgotten until you mentioned it, LoL.

I blame the mass media (and to some extent the education system) for leading people to believe that just because they have seen and experienced something with their waking eyes that whatever interpretation they choose to put on it must therefore be factual.

Anyone with a rudimentary education in psychology knows that one cannot trust one's recollection of traumatic or unusual events and especially one cannot trust one's interpretation of such events. You think you saw/heard/felt spirits? You didn't. You only think you did. What you saw/heard/felt was something else, something rational. It might not be something we can explain yet but there IS NO supernatural; there is only nature.

• Joey Jo-Jo
  • sinis
    sinis

I've had walls and tables shake violently while doing BM ceremonies. Not to mention a room temperature drop of over 30 degrees within a few minutes. ...and my animals go absolutely ape shit and run away hissing... yes, another realm is real, you just have to open your eyes and mind - not feelings or dillusions, but from a rational perspective.

• Lion Cask
    Lion Cask

Bollocks. The stuff done in those videos is cheap magic. Notice how you aren't afforded a good look at the bottom of the bucket? My theory: tape a mousetrap to the bottom of the bucket and spray paint it all black to blend in with the colour of the bucket. Soak a large iodine chrystal in ammonia, jamb it in the trigger mechanism,, set the trigger, gently put a little bit of water in the bucket and wait a couple of minutes for the ammonia to flash off. What's left is an unstable crystal that explodes, triggering the moustrap that flips the bucket onto its side and spills its contents. Voila. Instant poltergeist. High school chemistry and physics, but there will be a number of different approaches to essentially the same problem: how to get a bucket to tip over predictably without using strings. Tell him to do the experiment over again with a full bucket of water and a white bucket, and show us the bottom. That would be more difficult to do (but still doable with a little more sophistication).

If this joker really had a legitimate paranormal phenomenon that is so predictable he can set up cameras and conditions under which to catch it all on video, all he needs to do is get hold of the folks at Randi to claim his $1,000,000 prize. Check it out - http://www.randi.org/site/index.php/1m-challenge.html

sinis, have you ever watched that BBC documentary series called The Nazis: A warning from history? It is a really compelling look at the rise of Adolf Hitler and his lot. As far as documentaries go it's an eye opener. It succeeds in making you understand how it is a psychopath like Hitler could ever have come to power in Germany and, more importantly, how the poplulace naively made themselves complicit in the tragedy that followed. Such hatred and insanity has neither historical precedent nor equal. Have you watched it? I seriously doubt it because if you have watched it and you still hold onto the Eagle and Swastika of the Third Reich as your avatar, it says something about you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit