A FOUR LETTER WORD FOR DEBATOR

by wasblind 155 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• designs
    designs

I/We hope Ray was able to live comfortably on his earnings from his Books.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Designs, Absolutely. He did an invaluable service in dispensing info that others would not have had access too. Nothing objectionable at all about what he did, or his receiving of fair compensation.

• debator
    debator

Hi jook

Read the Bible. Effectiveness is not about convert numbers even if you do get them. It is simply doing God's preaching work. So no one can say they didn't have the opportunity to worship Jehovah as you once did. It is good to see that millions have become Jehovah's people but to limit the preaching work to only being about them is just silly.

Hi cantleave

Going to the greek cannot change the context of the scriptures under discussion. Luke is about hospitality in regards to those you are preaching to and Acts is about the preaching work itself.

by trying to limit preaching work biblically you will come a cropper since the examples in the Greek scriptures simply are that they preached whenever and wherever they landed and to whoever they met.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

Ren; banging on doors world wide with 2 magazines that wouldn't make material to wipe my butt with is unity? meeting twice a week studying mind numbing material is unity? well if it is then The Mormons/World Wide Church of God/Evangelicals/Moonies have this "unity" you speak of in abundance, since when is this fucking unity a prerequisite to attain favour with God?

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Ren/Bator said:

Hi cantleave

Going to the greek cannot change the context of the scriptures under discussion. Luke is about hospitality in regards to those you are preaching to and Acts is about the preaching work itself.

by trying to limit preaching work biblically you will come a cropper since the examples in the Greek scriptures simply are that they preached whenever and wherever they landed and to whoever they met.

My reply: Exactly! Acts lays out the context and setting in which the preaching is done- in temples, in public squares and in the homes of believers.

• debator
    debator

Isaac

You do not like Jesus? according to you his accepting donations for his kingdom work establishing God's people is profiteering but if he had written an anti-semitic book on jews getting jews to leave while ignoring his father's work he would be a hero. Interesting alternate viewpoint.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Acts 5: 42 And every day in the temple and from house to house they continued without letup teaching and declaring the good news about the Christ, Jesus.

Read the Bible Reniaa and you will see examples throughout the book of Acts of preaching in the temple and from house to house. You will see the house to house preaching was discourses in the homes of believers. Produce one example of door to door preaching as done by JWs. You can't.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

Ren your organization is obsessed with growth /facts and figures, yet your only growth now comes from Catholic nations of South America and tin pot 3rd World countries of Africa, zero and negative growth in now reported in most continents the effectiveness and convert numbers compared to the world wide population makes the message flawed.

• debator
    debator

Hi jook

mormons preach the trinity god they are a red herring to the discussion.

As Jehovah's witnesses following his word and kingdom under his son's rule we are Jehovah's people that is a basic truth all your hate and blinkered opinion has destroyed for you.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Reniaa said:

Isaac

You do not like Jesus? according to you his accepting donations for his kingdom work establishing God's people is profiteering but if he had written an anti-semitic book on jews getting jews to leave while ignoring his father's work he would be a hero. Interesting alternate viewpoint.

My reply: Where did I say accepting donations for Jesus kingdom work is profiteering? Talking out of your @$$ again? Ok. I said selling the gospel, as opposed to sharing it is objectionable. Receiving compensation for one's personal work is irrelvant to that issue and simply a red herring.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit