A FOUR LETTER WORD FOR DEBATOR

by wasblind 155 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Yeah, we caught that. Debator has already admitted that she is Reniaa. And we knew it even before she admitted to it. Debator/Reniaa isn't fooling anyone here.

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

LOL, She tried to reincarnate under a new name..but the same sentiments, illogic, and'arguments' persisted...as well at abbreviations and mis-spellings unique to Reniaa.

I wonder why she just doesn't come back on here as Reniaa? I wonder if her name and the avatar she used with her old name would make things difficult for her in the JW world? Was that an actual picture of her? Plus she mentioned where she was from or resided when on her as Reniaa. Posting on here and losing debates isn't exactly recomended by the WTS, and certainly is not Service Meeting Interview material. Maybe shepherding call material for some brothers in Yorkshire....

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Mrs Jones, did she outright admit it? It is obvious, but I thought she was still trying to evade it.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

LOL Not sure MLE. She left here as Reniaa and said she was returning to the org and this place was for those leaving...not returning. So, perhaps she doesn't want to come back under that name and deal with questions of why she is back.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Yes, but it's difficult for me to find anything the way the board is currently set up. I've seen her use both Debator and her name in a post, but I think she only did it once.

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

Reniaa/Alice/Debator - whatever incarnation she chooses is irrelevant. Every time I read one of her posts, I'm even more convinced that getting out of that wacky religion was the best thing that ever happened to me.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Every time I read one of her posts, I'm even more convinced that getting out of that wacky religion was the best thing that ever happened to me.

Which is the real purpose for her being here.

• Heaven
    Heaven

So another 4 letter word for Debator is... LIAR:

Liar

• Mad Dawg
    Mad Dawg

Debator said:

why are you using Baptists as a comparison?

Do you remember saying this?

In what way corrupt? They have no palaces or private Jets, They refer everything to the bible…

I was simply responding to your innuendo as you were implying that JW's are unique in these things. I referred to Baptists specifically because I am familiar with them.

They follow the trinity god…

So? If you think that Mormons worship a trinitarian God, you have no clue what the doctrine is about. Mormons believe that there is a Father, a Son, and an impersonal force. Sound familiar?

…so even if they preach that particular god they are not preaching the true message of the Bible.

What is the true message of the Bible? What is the way of Salvation? Can you show me where it says that if we misunderstand the substance of God we are doomed for damnation? How can you tell me that the trinity isn't in the Bible when you don't know what it is?

And Baptists are known for having diverse beliefs differing from church to church. Only the immersion of adults being the one common factor.

Umm… Excuse me, but your ignorance is showing.

99% of Christendom believe loosely in a trinity god….

Actually, they discarded modalism back in the 4th century. It is strange that JW's preach against a doctrine that was discarded 1700 years ago.

…which has many different forms but under that heading no two teachings are the same to any great degree.

Who told you that nonsense?

Most of Jehovah witnesses main biblical doctrines where found and refined quite early on by deep study of real Bible truths letting the Bible explain itself and simply haven't changed since our emergence out of the trinity apostasy.

If this is true, then why are you FORBIDDEN to read Mr. Russell's writings? How would you know anything about the state of things "quite early on" if you have never read them for yourself? I have read Mr. Russell. His writings were pagan with a patina of Bible.

What is often sneakily used on here as examples for your (less than honest) claims against Witnesses is prophecy fulfillment interpretation…

There is not one single example of People getting condemned for interpreting… stuff.

It is fascinating to watch you desperately redefine what constitutes a prophecy. BTW, that fig leaf isn't covering much. Can you show me one example of anyone being condemned for celebrating a birthday? Yes, I know two people lost their heads, but where does God's condemnation come in? How about where God condemns someone for talking to a df'ed brother or neighbor?

Do you know what is worse about this forum?

It's lack of originality! People on here use the same worn, tired false arguments that are easy to disprove Biblical and are usually just clever word games to justify your positions.

Yep! You sure do.

• debator
    debator

Hi TD

I agree CoC's commercial success is irrelevant. It's the fact it is a profit-making tool for franz to live off anyway. The content is already tainted by the commercial objective of making money for the author to live off. You have to ask how much did he take this into account when writing it? Purity of motive already lost when he got his cheque! Personal conscience didn't stop him anticipating and accepting money for the book and he went on to write more for a bit of extra cash!

The next taint is the fact it has nothing to do with directing people to Jehovah but simply as you said unveiling inner workings of administration structure and imperfection of the men he encountered while being a witness.

You then use examples that again are simply oblique references prophecy even if you put them under other headings.

You then do reference the Blood issue but this is a difficult one as the Bible is hands down a total ban on life-blood. It is an explained law that notably didn't end with the dietary laws and was considered equivalent to the immorality and idolatry bans in God's eyes.

We then have the modern issue of Medicine creating grey areas leaving shepherds having to wade through the question "when is life blood so broken down it isn't life blood". They had to make the fractions a conscience matter for each individual Witness, they had no choice. This again is the second difficult area I highlighted as one that is by necessity in a flux condition. Refinement on environment and cultural developments demand Bible principle application in modern times.

Again I say refinement is a requirement of God's people until perfection is attained. You accept imperfection apparently while yet still condemning the manifestation of it's consequences in our religion?

God and the Bible make it very clear that getting things perfectly right is not posible for us but looking at the gnats that you have to dig up for your arguments in comparison to the camels you clearly ignore outside of the microscope you point at witnesses. Do you point that microscope at yourself?

The stuff you put on the table is obscure debated points and in easy target area's. No religion could stand up to your superfine opinion where you say you do not expect perfection but go into minutia detail over obscure issues that in no way compare to the camels Christendom swallow daily.

They can't even get god right but you would have me condemn witnesses over the massive issue of one word's translation regarding prophecy in Revelation. Where is your objectivity in all this?

And if we applied your microscope to one early Christian situation they would be condemned by it like the gentile issue, or the circumcision issue both of which needed to be dealt with by the then shepherds and some disagreed, some didn't know and they all had to come to an agreement which they then all had to accept whatever their viewpoint was before.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit