Are they really that bad???

by anonymous4 310 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• fokyc
    fokyc

Re: Are they really that bad???

Worse; FAR worse! over 50 years experience married to a devout JW.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

Hey and welcome

are you familier with the term used by hollywood to describe some films:

''Based on a true story''? Like, we all know thats a load a crap!

well thats how i see the watchtower societies claims of ''based on the bible'' too.

but by all means investigate, just take heed of all the cautions please.

oz

• 3Mozzies
    3Mozzies

Welcome anonymous4

I recommend you go to the 'Best of' topics here on this forum and read like your life depends on it...umm because it does!

You asked: "Are they really that bad???"

My answer is yes, I was one for 30 years, if all goes fine you might think 'hey all is well' but when things go bad & they eventually do, they turn EVIL on you in a heart beat. The sad thing is, it happens to most JWs but we just put it down to imperfect people and still looked at the Organisation as Gods! This keeps you in and the pain continues, then you wake up years later to the fact that you have wasted your life and wished someone told you truth about this awful religion years ago.

Learn from others here . . .

It's like shopping for a good surgeon. Just as if you would want to hear from patients of a surgeon who stuffed them up quite badly, you should learn from the stuffed up ex-JWs here and find the truth about the religion you are going to base your life around. The smiley happy JWs at the Kingdom Hall are the glossy 'info commercial' for the Watchtower Corp, here on this forum is where you'll hear about the reality of The Watchtower Society's handiwork. Run my friend, RUN!!!!!!

3Mozzies

• anonymous4
    anonymous4

Hi curtains- you said it requires that you do a lot of violence to yourself and to your loved ones in order to chisel out badness, what do you mean?

What about luke 12:53 and mat 8:22

You said you have to live a very narrow life- but isn't the true path meant to be a narrow and few will find? Mat7:13

I'm only young and still have lots to learn. I'm still willing to listen to why what they teach is wrong and unbiblical but i'm not interested in any straw man arguments. Also although people tell me they do not teach the truth, I find it very hard to believe because they don't give enough biblical reasoning as to why. also I really have come to believe that they are the truth and it's hurtful to think otherwise.

They use God's real name and they don't teach of eternal hell fire, all go to heaven, and the trinity which I was brainwashed into believing from a young age. When I first started learning I felt it was a breath of fresh air compared to all the other crap i'd been taught from baptists, pentecostals etc.

All I want is to get closer to the truth.

Stories about mistakes from the past and elders going against what rules they set doesn't really make me change my mind. Everyone makes mistsakes, it's how they deal with it that matters..right? And it's not just the Watchtower that has made mistakes in the past, I think just about every church has made mistakes. Even Jesus' disciples made errors.

What's wrong with what they teach?

Kind regards,

anonymous4 :)

• anonymous4
    anonymous4

3mozzies, how does it turn evil on you?

• anonymous4
    anonymous4

fokyc- can you tell me why they are so bad? please.

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

Just a few months of Watchtower indoctrination can cause damage to your self esteem that will take years to overcome. It can cause a person to make decisions that will seriously damage the rest of their lives and the lives of those around them. Everything the Watchtower teaches is directly the opposite of what a person needs to escape the mental pain and suffering of spiritual ignorance. It only "makes sense" in light of their OWN VERSION OF THE BIBLE THAT THEY INVENTED, and it doesn't even really matter because the New Testament is a product of the Catholic Church fashioned and finalized HUNDREDS OF YEARS AFTER CHRIST by selecting ONLY THE WRITINGS THAT SUIT THEIR DELUSION. The Watchtower is controlled behind the scenes by the Jesuits, the most evil religious organization on earth. They even admit that their Bible was put together by Jesuit priests, Theosophists, and demon-channelers.

I ruined FOUR decades of my life because of this cult, and I'm STILL paying DEARLY for a few of the decisions I made while I was reeling in Watchtower insanity.

Run for your life from this crazy cult.

~PS

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    ...I find it very hard to believe because they don't give enough biblical reasoning as to why.

"However, the prophet who presumes to speak in my name a word that I have not commanded him to speak or who speaks in the name of other gods, that prophet must die. And in case you should say in your heart: "How shall we know the word that Jehovah has not spoken?" when the prophet speaks in the name of Jehovah and the word does not occur or come true, that is the word that Jehovah did not speak. With presumptuousness the prophet spoke it."
    Deuteronomy 18:20-22

Here's a discussion of whether that scripture applies to them: http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/jehovahs-prophet.php

It covers their claims to be a "prophet" and whether their words are "in Jehovah's name."

"But the path of the righteous ones is like the bright light that is getting lighter and lighter until the day is firmly established." Proverbs 4:18

Here's the discussion on that scripture: http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/light-gets-brighter.php

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

anonymous4, I would suggest you read Crisis of Conscience- a factual account of one of the former leaders of the WT. That should help you to make an informed decision, assuming your story is actually factual.

• Curtains
    Curtains

anonymous4 -I don't see the co-relation here. please explain

Hi curtains- you said it requires that you do a lot of violence to yourself and to your loved ones in order to chisel out badness, what do you mean?

What about luke 12:53 and mat 8:22

before i answer any of your other questions you need to clarify yourself above

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit