Are they really that bad???

by anonymous4 310 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Anonymous4, the JWs are not the only group that teaches there is no hellfire/trinity/immortality of the soul or use the divine name- ASSUMING the JWs are right on those points. Christadelphians believe similarly as do some other groups. The WT teaches that they alone are God's direct channel of truth to makind. Given their history of false prophecies, even IF God did work solely thru a channel as the WT claims, they would be easily disqualified from such a role.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Anonymous4 says:

"Had a good look into the doctrine, beliefs and practices of JWs and to be honest, I don't really see anything wrong with it at all "

Welcome A4,

I see that you have been a member of this board for 4 months, In my honest opinion

I think you are already a JW who has been indoctrinated to the hilt, that is why you claim to see

nothin' wrong. Any outsider who claim to have examined their doctrine, would automatically see

the flip flops and contradictions if they compare the actual teaching of the bible to the JW literature.

Usually outsiders will only discuss the outside facade of the JW's, and don't get into doctrine unless they

are a bible study or have some connection to the JW's I believe that you have watched other JW apologist get defeated

on this board, and you are trying another route to make your case. There is no way you could have lurked this long

and still see nothin' wrong. You may have been a member for 4 months, but you been lurking longer than that

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

I concur with Wasblind. :)

Hope all is well with you Wasblind. Christmas party today!

• wasblind
    wasblind

Hey there Isaac my freind,

you have a good time at that party, kick up a little for me too

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Ok, I'll have a glass of wine for you. :) Toast to all here at JWN- HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

• wasblind
    wasblind

A4 says:

"I'm still willing to listen to why what they teach is wrong and unbiblical but i'm not interested in any straw man arguments"

A4, instead of asking us "whats wrong" show us "whats right" about this religion and it's doctrine

and explain to us why it's right. Sense you had a good look into their doctrine I'm sure you could try to make your

case based on your findings

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Good pickup on that logical fallacy used by Anon4 Wasblind. Since when do baseless assertions default to truth unless proven false?

• Ding
    Ding

Read Ray Franz's book Crisis of Conscience.

Ray was on the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses for many years, and his uncle was president of the Watcthower Society.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Good morning Ding,

if that don't get through to them I don't know what will

Isaac you have a PM

• Chalam
    Chalam

Welcome anonymous4!

The WT teachings look biblical on the surface. However, look a little deeper and it will become apparent their teaching go against those in the bible.

Take this verse for example.

1 Timothy 2:5 (New International Version, ©2010)

5 For there is one God and one mediator between God and mankind, the man Christ Jesus

The WT teach that Jesus is not the Mediator for the JWs, only the 144, 000 :(

What's worse is they claim themselves as mortal men to be the mediator before God for the JWs!

I know who I prefer as my Mediator :)

Blessings in Christ,

Stephen

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit