Are they really that bad???

by anonymous4 310 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Hoffnung
    Hoffnung

Hello Reniaa,

With reference to my reply on 13dec, I am still waiting for an answer on this one:

Please take your bible and read the many accounts of preaching by Paul and Peter in the book of Acts, and you will see they never ever mentioned the hope of surviving Armaggeddon to live forerver on Paradise Earth. ... please use alone the Christian Greek Scriptures.

Can you please prove me the paradise earth using only the Christian Greek Scriptures?

• debator
    debator

Hi bohm

I am just avoiding your loaded question as a fallacy point.

I am debating your whole premise that right and wrong is an issue with prophecy!

I do not accept your loaded question!

Prophecy is only 100% in hindsight this is a biblical fact! so "Right" can only be established after Armageddon and so arguing over how wrong wrong can be, instead of recognising that Witnesses did not to wallow in former understandings and could move on to greater understanding of what is meant by prophecies is the point.

Being able to be refined and being constantly refined is a mark of God's people.

• pirata
    pirata
    If you want an informed decision check what Witnesses say and anti-witnesses say against God's word the Bible itself.

Debator. I agree. You are one of the few witnesses that I know who is not afraid to consider opposing information, and I respect you for that.

• I<3MYGod
    I<3MYGod

As an X jay dub - I have nothing negative to say about God's word. I do on the other hand have some negative things to say about "The New World Translation" - It's been rewritten and changed to suit the cult. But jay dubs are told that it's just to make it easier to understand and that all the other bibles aren't as good as it is....HA! Funny stuff indeed.

• debator
    debator

HI hoffnung

ehhhh Do you only accept the greek scriptures as the Bible?

I use the whole bible as a Jehovah's witness! If you limit yourself to only part of the Bible you will be severely handicapped spiritually.

Jesus himself references the paradise but he also asks for God's will to be done "on earth as it is in heaven" as a main goal, If we all fly off to happy heaven why would he even bother to say that?

The Hebrew scriptures are the framework the Greek scriptures are built upon, the shadow of things to come. To ignore them is plain silly and you end up with Christendom's fruitage of complete dis-unity of teaching.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Sooo deluded....

Loz x

• debator
    debator

Hi 3mygod

1 john 5:7 additions, John 1:1, absence of YHWH/Jehovah nearly 7000 times, Cross instead of stauros/stake and the list goes on.....

Go have fun with trinitarian theology that has rewritten the majority of translations today. Before you throw stones of personal opinion at the NWT

• bohm
    bohm

Debator: YOU were the one who said that EVERYTHING the WT wrote was in line with the bible:

"When I check what Jehovah's witnesses believe and teach by both word and the literature it is all in line with Bible teachings"

Then i pointed out ONE particular quote from 1969:

"If you are a young person, you also need to face the fact that you will never grow old in this present system of things

And i asked you two questions: One if it was true, two if it was in line with the bible.

notice that (2) follow logically from what you just said -- everything they write is in line with the bible!!!

You replied you didnt want to answer because:

"I am just avoiding your loaded question as a fallacy point."

When you accuse me of giving you loaded questions, it can hardly be question number two, because you have yourself just asserted all they write is in line with the bible.

Logically, i can conclude it must have been my first question that was loaded and i am left wondering:

how can just asking if something the wt once said is still true or not be a loaded question???

Thats really not a rethorical question. it truly boggles my mind.

• debator
    debator

Hi Bohm

Yes I did say that and I still say that. But prophecy is beyond the Bible in fulfilment because we have to look for fulfillment outside the Bible. So the conclusions are drawn from correllating what is happening in the world around us in regards to what the Bible says will prophetically happen.

It is why it is such an easy target for anti-witnesses.

I think Jehovah's witnesses have been blessed with the most Biblical truth but I have never claimed perfection for Witnesses or that they are free of mistakes.

If you want a perfect people at this time Bohm you are searching for the impossible and that is a fact.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    As an X jay dub - I have nothing negative to say about God's word. I do on the other hand have some
    negative things to say about "The New World Translation" - It's been rewritten and changed to suit the cult.
    But jay dubs are told that it's just to make it easier to understand and that all the other bibles aren't as good as it is....
    HA! Funny stuff indeed.....1<3MYGOD

Go have fun with trinitarian theology that has rewritten the majority of translations today.
    Before you throw stones of personal opinion at the NWT.....debator/Reniaa

Exactly where do you see Anything about the "Trinity",in 1<3MYGOD`s Post?..

It`s like trying to find the word "Organization" in the Bible..

It`s not there..

...................... ...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit