Are they really that bad???

by anonymous4 310 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

1<3MYGOD..

The name Jehovah is a 14th century Catholic Translation mistake..

Without the Catholics the WBT$ wouldn`t have a name for it`s God,or it`s JW Cult..

Good catch on.....Grace/Undeserved Kindness..

The WBT$ thinks they can re-write the Bible..And..No one will notice..

...................... ...OUTLAW

• I<3MYGod
    I<3MYGod

Oh and a final thought, debator - do the elders of your congregation know that you spend time here, in the devil's den, conversing with apostates? I wonder if they would give you a pat on the back or raise their brows at your choice of actions....Unless I have totally gotten my learnin all mixed up, I'm pretty sure that jay dubs are told to pay no attention to us apostates - seeing as how we are the spawn of Satan sent into the world to lure humble little innocent sheep away from the flock.

Do you really think that your arguing for that side is really going to make anyone stop and think "Well crap - I miss being in the cult. I think I will prostrate myself and beg some old men for forgiveness and then remain silent at meetings and be ignored for a few months, until the same group of old men think that I have been brainwashed enough to be able to associate with people again."? Ain't gonna happen...at least no for me. Though I do find it funny that you are here, battling for something that is just knee slapping funny. Thanks for the laughs.

Good night.

• Vanderhoven7
  • Hoffnung
    Hoffnung

Hello Debator,

Your answer is not adressing my request. Please read my whole post again. Your reply never mentions the teachings of Paul or Peter. Why is the earthly hope never mentioned in their "good news"? Your reasoning that "The Hebrew scriptures are the framework the Greek scriptures are built upon, the shadow of things to come," was also true for Jesus, Peter, Paul and the other christian writers. However, as far as I know, the hope to live forever in a paradise on earth, was not their message. Jesus came here to fulfill the law, and by doing so, the Mosaic system was rendered invalid, unnecessary. The Hebrew Scriptures point to Jesus as the means of Blessing for all the nations. The poetic restoration prophecies in Psalms and Isaiah are already fulfilled long ago in the 6 century B.C.E. If they had an application in our time, Jesus, Paul and Peter would have mentioned them. Believing they will be fulfilled literally again without a basis in the Christian Greek Scriptures, is like believing in Santa Claus as an adult.

Your replies so far only have confirmed that the hope of living forever in Paradise on earth is not Christian.

Therefore I state my request once more: Please prove from the Christian Greek Scriptures alone, the hope of living in a paradise on earth

Yours Sincerely,

Hoffnung

PS: How God's will has to be done "on earth as it is in heaven", he explains in Matthew 25:35-36: " For I became hungry and YOU gave me something to eat; I got thirsty and YOU gave me something to drink. I was a stranger and YOU received me hospitably; 36 naked, and YOU clothed me. I fell sick and YOU looked after me. I was in prison and YOU came to me.’

It is OUR JOB to do this. Are you busy doing this...? Please answer 1st my request above.

• designs
    designs

Hoffnung- You do realize that nearly all 'Christian' Denominations teach that the earth is the eternal home for Saved, that they are to return with Christ at the Eschaton or Second Coming. Go ask the good professors at Dallas Theolgocial Seminary or Wesley Lutheran or Westminster etc..

K3MYGOD- really, really! quoting Genesis to support your frickin Trinity belief, you have got to be kidding, see previous post about asking a Rabbi regarding the verse. Unbelievable.

You two knock Witnesses for their goofy Beliefs yet swallow the whole Tofu Ball of western christian beliefs without engaging your brains.

You two are hereby sentenced to a weekend at the Library

• Hoffnung
    Hoffnung

Hi designs,

I could not care less about what is taught by religions. Having been a witness for more than 20 years was sufficient to know that the way to God will not be found by merely believing what a religion teaches. I am only interested to know what is "christian" according to the bible (which you cannot find in the hebrew scriptures, by the way). As your reply does not contain any verses from the Greek Scriptures, I believe you cannot prove either the hope to live forever in a paradise on earth from the Greek Scriptures. You are just confirming I should not believe this JW message. Your answer only attacks the character and motives of the person, and not the issue, and that is a common feature in a JW approach of doubt. Please contribute something meaningful and constructive, I am still waiting for a real answer.

• designs
    designs

Hoffnung- Typical guy who won't do homework......... check Revelation 21 and 22 about the heavens and the earth and New Jerusalem descending. This is what these 'Christian Denominations' are basing it on.

The problem, and its not your fault entirely, is that two different messages are promoted in most Denominations about the afterlife. In Seminary the teaching is that the Saved return with Christ to this earth at the Second Coming and live here forever with him. At the Sermon level on any given Sunday and especially at funerals the Saved are always said to be with the Lord eternally in Heaven.

Its not only a JW message its Catholic, Presbyterian, Lutheran, Evangelical, Methodist, and on through the Protestant community and Jews believe similar that heaven and earth become one.

Time to get caught up with the rest of the groups

• Hoffnung
    Hoffnung

Hello designs,

Thank you for pointing out Revelation 21 & 22, about the new heavens & earth. How do you explain Rev 22:1-4: 22: And he showed me a river of water of life, clear as crystal, flowing out from the throne of God and of the Lamb 2 down the middle of its broad way. And on this side of the river and on that side [there were] trees of life producing twelve crops of fruit, yielding their fruits each month. And the leaves of the trees [were] for the curing of the nations. 3 And no more will there be any curse. But the throne of God and of the Lamb will be in [the city], and his slaves will render him sacred service; 4 and they will see his face, and his name will be on their foreheads.

I am definitely no scholar who has a ready explanation for understanding Revelation, but the very fact in verse 4 that Gods servants will see his face rules out the possibility they are fleshly humans, as no human can see Gods face and not perish. Furthermore, a river flowing from Gods throne in heaven through a city with trees on the side, are doubtless symbolic or fulfilled in a place which is not on the earth.

• Butterflyleia85
    Butterflyleia85

Wow this went way out of the main person's post here!

Debator

Vs.

Better Debators... lol

If you read all the posts on here you will be a bet confused I believe. Just know that there are two sides to every story! Research both sides and then decide what's best! For you life's sack and your families!

If you want to be feed how to believe and able to ajust to their belief changes... go for Jehovah's Witnesses!

If you want to freely research and self study the bible, have support but not told what their saying is the absulute true then later change it... go to a church.

God is the true as a JW and other Christians believe... and that we wont know til armageddon.

But the process of getting there and the lives we live today... do you want it munipulated or do you want the freedom that God gave you to decide what is right and what is wrong through your consciences decisions of the scriptures! Not set interperitations that later may change...

• Butterflyleia85
    Butterflyleia85

Wow this went way out of the main person's post here!

Debator

Vs.

Better Debators... lol

If you read all the posts on here you will be a bet confused I believe. Just know that there are two sides to every story! Research both sides and then decide what's best! For you life's sack and your families!

If you want to be feed how to believe and able to ajust to their belief changes... go for Jehovah's Witnesses!

If you want to freely research and self study the bible, have support but not told what their saying is the absulute true then later change it... go to a church.

God is the true as a JW and other Christians believe... and that we wont know til armageddon.

But the process of getting there and the lives we live today... do you want it munipulated or do you want the freedom that God gave you to decide what is right and what is wrong through your consciences decisions of the scriptures! Not set interperitations that later may change...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit