Are they really that bad???

by anonymous4 310 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• wasblind
    wasblind

Hi wasblind

" The bible standard for being a false prophet is to falsely claiming to utter inspired word directly from God himself "

Read it and weep Debator, Sept 15, 2010 WT page 13 paragraph 8 states: " Thus, what is taught is not from men but from Jehovah."

Debator, they claim the inspired words they write in their literature are directly from Jehovah, Hey take it up with the writing dept in Brooklyn

• wasblind
    wasblind

Hey Debator,

Lets break it on down.

1) They claimed the generation that saw 1914 would be the ones to see the end of this system

2) Just like Paul in Galatians 1:11 they claim that what they write does not come from men but from a higher source ( Sept 15, 2010 WT page 13 paragraph 8 states: " Thus, what is taught is not from men but from Jehovah." )

3) As of last summer the generation that was alive in 1914, will not be the ones to see the end

4) they made a prophecy, + claimed it was from higher source, + did not come true = False prohets

• debator
    debator

Hi Bohm

I am trying not to let you lead me down a blind fallacy alley.

Right and wrong isn't the issue if you are living with the daily reality of prophecy being the most difficult to get right part of the bible since it is only 100 percent in hindsight.

The correct answer is...that it is always going to be wrong from our point of view as imperfect humans but we still have to use it, we do not have a choice. And in using it we have to be as biblical coherant as we can.

How do you explain "Generation" I personally think we still have a long way to go on it but I accept what is the current understanding because I know it will be clear when Armageddon is our reality.

right/wrong is not the measure we measure prophecy by. We simply try to understand it in conjunction with fulfilment in the world around us as best we can but we have to be in agreement as a flock. In that we have no choice.

The alternates are few. Either we ignore prophecy as most of Christendom do in a suicidal head in sand sort of way or we go off on a tangent dividing ourselves from others, giving too much credit to our own opinion which is equally imperfect on prophecy.

• debator
    debator

Hi wasblind

nice try! but everything is from God humbleness is not a sin.

1 peter 4:11

If anyone speaks, they should do so as one who speaks the very words of God.

Giving credit to God is not claiming inspiration.

Claiming inspration to be able to say inspired prophecies is claiming inspiration. It is as simple as that. Trying to read inspiration into various edited wts is just you being deceitful not us.

• debator
    debator

Hi wasblind

The Bible is very clear on this! You have to falsely claim to be inspired of God to be a false prophet. However much confidence you have in a bible interpretation of an ALREADY WRITTEN BIBLE PROPHECY! this is not claiming inspiration... the ability to speak unique, never uttered before, prophetic words directly from God himself.

I am just repeating myself now.

• pirata
    pirata

Don't mean to derail the discussion but:

Learn from the JWs

Learn from the exJWs.

Whatever you do, if one side tries to prevent you from reading, learning or talking to the other side, then you are at risk of not making an informed decision.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    Trying to read inspiration into various edited wts is just you being deceitful not us......debator/Reniaa

Which WBT$ articles did you write?..

...................... ...OUTLAW

• debator
    debator

Hi pirata

The measure is the Bible as to whether either point of view is correct.

The current debate on here is that simply interpreting (already written) bible prophecy incorrectly is false prophecy according to some anti-witnesses. Whereas the Bible shows in the whole of Duet 18 that false prophecy is in regards of those that claim to be able to utter words directly from God himself.

If you want an informed decision check what Witnesses say and anti-witnesses say against God's word the Bible itself.

• bohm
    bohm

Debator:

So just to get it completely straight: No on both accounts?

(Its impossible to have a conversation if we are defensive as politicians who try to creep around the questions and not give straight answers).

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    If you want an informed decision check what Witnesses say and anti-witnesses say against God's word the Bible itself.....debator/reniaa

Do you read what you write,before you hit the submit button?..

What do JW`s say against Gods word the Bible?..

Is it better than what anti-Witness`s say?..

LOL!!..

Dumb Ass..

...................... ...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit