Are they really that bad???

by anonymous4 310 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Done feeding the swine for the day...adios!

• bohm
    bohm

Debator:

I am not going to quote a watchtower but when they are interpreting already written Bible prophecy They use the words "current understanding " which shows that the current understanding could change as time goes on because prophecy is the only Bible area where we have to look outside of the Bible for fulfilment.

Okay. The problem is that the current understanding, as you put it, change sometimes. That is in my world equivalent to having had a PAST understanding which was somehow WRONG and had to be MODIFIED. Said in another way, some part of the PAST understanding WAS NOT completely "in line" with the bible. Like when the author of that awake said more than 40 years ago:

If you are a young person, you also need to face the fact that you will never grow old in this present system of things

that was 100% certifiably WRONG and NOT IN LINE with the bible. I think we agree, we are just using different words. Right?

As a general note, the part of your post i have put in italics is quite interesting. You single out prophecy and say the watchtower use the words "current understanding" with prophecy because it can be checked with the outside world -- but certainly, if the watchtower can sometimes misunderstand the bible (as in the case of prophecies), they can also misunderstand the bible on other subjects, and one should not exclusively use "current understanding" on the parts of the bible where one can be proven wrong, but on all parts of the bible where one may not be completely certain one is in line with the original intentions of the words.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep
    Hi black sheep
    Trinity brochure huh? since it is discussing a teaching that is not found in the bible by name or even concept. I would say there is very little Bible they could bring up on it accept the scriptures that show Jehovah is our one true God and father.
    They are left showing how the false teaching of trinity grew from greek philosophy and Jesus worship. To the point where they even needed to add false words to scripture aka 1 john 5:7 to support it in later centuries as people began to read the Bible for themselves.

That has absolutely nothing to do with my question. My question was about your statement that

We do use the Bible as our only reference and guide, the publications direct us to the Bible alone.

That's a lie. The Trinity brochure is full of quotes from non-Biblical sources, including quotes from someone who trashed damned near everything you believe in. Get it out and read it. Count how many quotes there are that prove you lied about being directed to the Bible alone and post the number here.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Debator says: "I am not going to quote a watchtower but when they are interpreting already written Bible prophecy They use the words "current understanding " which shows that the current understanding could change as time goes

Hi Debator, I will qoute the Sept 15, 2010 Watchtower, page 13 paragraph 8 which states: " Thus, what is taught is not from man but from Jehovah"

So what you are saying is that Jehovahs word is not solid, and that it stands on shifting sand thats why the current understandings change so much.

Debator says: "To say "mistake" is to say they put these down as absolutes but they have never made that claim on prophecy understanding"

Reasoning Book page 234 states: " The present wicked system of things, which extends worldwide, entered it's last days in 1914, and some of the generation alive then will also be on hand to witness its complete end...."

you see, they used the word will which made it an absolute occurance that would most definitely happen, they didn't say might or maybe

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Your never going to take Reniaa`s Watchtower Bone..

...................... ...OUTLAW

• wasblind
    wasblind

Hey Debator,

I presented this to you on another post and you replied to everyone but mine so I will post it again for a reply:

Debator said: "To be a false prophet you have to make False prophecies you claim are directly inspired from God's lips!"

Sept 15, 2010 WT page 13 paragraph 8 states: " Thus, what is taught is not from men but from Jehovah."

Waddle, Waddle, Waddle, Quack , Quack, Quack. That's a damn duck

And the GB are false prophets for sayin' that the generation alive in 1914 will be the ones to see the end.

• debator
    debator

Hi wasblind

The bible standard for being a false prophet is to falsely claiming to utter inspired word directly from God himself.

Interpreting already written Bible prophecy (even if you are mistaken) is not doing this.

two different things biblically.

The former is condemned, the latter is expected.

Anti-witnesses play on the fact that they can easily fool the gullible into thinking these two are the same thing!

• debator
    debator

Hi bohm

Thank you for your thoughtful reply.

The Bible is littered with imperfect man's past understandings as examples to us and then we have Jesus and the apostles clarifying things under inspiration and then we are told first in Daniel 11:35 that we will need this refining as God's people until the "appointed time" and then the well known verse 2 tim 3:16 "all scripture....correcting, setting things straight" shows that the Bible is the corrector for us too. It is why we have the Bible.

It's like you are saying we shouldn't need refining, correcting yet we are given the Bible for this very purpose?

The measure of Jehovah's People is not the perfection of understanding but how well they can take instruction, Bible teaching and the responsibilities that come with it and also accepting the condition of imperfection laid upon us.

But despite all this when the harvest time comes Jehovah God's people will be recognisably his by having found the truths in his word the Bible with Jehovah's help and spirit guidance through his son Jesus and simply by being Jehovah's people.

And that is why I am one of them. A Jehovah's Witness!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

And that is why I am one of them. A Jehovah's Witness!.....debator/Reniaa

Your not a Jehovah`s Witness..

You admit to not following the WBT$..

You don`t do what is required of a Loyal WBT$ JW..

Your an Uneducated Bullshit Artist..

...................... ...OUTLAW

• bohm
    bohm

Debator, sorry to be pedantic, but just to clarify before we go further. The question i have asked a couple of times now:

"If you are a young person, you also need to face the fact that you will never grow old in this present system of things. Why not? Because all the evidence in fulfillment of Bible prophecy indicates that this corrupt system is due to end in a few years . ... Therefore, as a young person, you will never fulfill any career that this system offers. If you are in highschool and thinking about a college education, it means at least four, perhaps even six or eight more years to graduate into a specialized career. But where will this system of things be by that time? It will be well on the way toward its finish, if not actually gone!" - Awake! 1969 May 22

Debator, two yes/no questions: Was the above 1) correct. 2) In line with bible teachings.

Do i understand you to answer no to both questions? (how about just the first?)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit