KM (Elder School) Brief Highlights

by XBEHERE 104 Replies latest jw friends

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

I think GB 2.0 had one of two choices, go hardline and demand respect for their younger authority or go back to the drawing board and reinvent the religion. I guess they continue with the authoritarian exclusivity approach.

• flipper
    flipper

XBEHERE- Very good thread. Thanks for posting this. Like Steve Hassan says - when cult leaders feel that they are starting to lose control of members they start becoming more hardline in their control measures towards members. I guarantee you- if they push hard to make minor children stand up for their " no blood transfusion " doctrine- we are going to start seeing lawsuits proliferating BIG time by non-witness unbelieving mates & other relatives against the organization. Good. Let the lawsuits begin. It's about time

• wannabefree
    wannabefree
    Bashing college (higher education) every chance they got.

This just ticks me off.

Call into question an elder's qualifications if their child is in college/university or if they are promoting it?

Why? Is it because of genuine concern for the spirituality of the sheep because the end could come at any moment? ...or is this about maintaining a sense of urgency for control?

The end has been any day now since 1914, now isn't the time to give up on Jehovah!

• CuriousButterfly
    CuriousButterfly

Makes sense why my husband came home each night and poured a few stiff drinks.

• CuriousButterfly
    CuriousButterfly
    The education talk was unenlightening. There are 10 questions that elders were asked to write down to review an appointed man's qualifications. If your kid goes to college there is a likelihood that you will be removed.

They will be opening up Pandora's box. As it is the WTS is in serious need of elders and servants due to the fact most young men are not reaching out (they are smart if you ask me). Now do a 180 on higher education and possibly remove brothers? Funny I have not heard this yet from my husband, he know I would have something to say about them changing their minds yet again!

• streets76
    streets76

Also, there are a couple of MS who were appointed in the last year or so that were appointed WHILE attending college!! And, one of them is now a reg pioneer (couldn't find a full time position right away and he just graduated this year). WTF?

WTF is right! What college did this idiot go to, University of Dumbass? How can you take college-level science, logic, philosophy, history, etc., classes and STILL return to the vomit of WTS? I guess you can take the boy out of the cult, but you can't take the cult out of the boy.

• blondie
    blondie

The WTS had an insert in the KM on "coaching" children re blood. Some areas allow "mature minors" to decide for themselves regarding transfusions. There was a case of that in Canada that was greatly publicized.

*** km 12/05 p. 6 Could Your Child Make a Mature Decision? ***

1 A mature decision about what? Blood transfusions. As shown in the article entitled "Walk as Instructed by Jehovah" in the June 15, 1991, issue of The Watchtower, children of Jehovah’s Witnesses have had to take a mature stand to prove that their desire to obey God’s law on blood is as important to them as it is to their parents. Could that also be required of your minor child?

2 What Does the Law Say? In the United States, the highest court that has ruled on a mature minor’s right to refuse blood transfusions is the Illinois Supreme Court. In reviewing the case of a 17-year-old sister, the court decreed: "If the evidence is clear and convincing that the minor is mature enough to appreciate the consequences of her actions [and] to exercise the judgment of an adult, then the mature minor doctrine affords her the common law right to consent to or refuse medical treatment." Thus, in assessing whether a child is mature enough to make his own decision, doctors or officials may interview the patient to hear him express his personal objection to taking blood. The youth would need to understand reasonably the gravity of his medical condition and the consequences of his options for treatment and clearly and firmly express his own religious belief about God’s law on blood.

3 What Would Your Child Say? Are your children able to express themselves on this issue? Do they believe with all their heart that it is a divine command to ‘abstain from blood’? (Acts 15:29; 21:25) Can they explain their belief from the Scriptures? Would they courageously defend their firm decision about blood if doctors believed that their life was in jeopardy, even if their parents were not present? Since "time and unforeseen occurrence befall [us] all," how can you prepare your children for any unexpected challenge to their integrity?—Eccl. 9:11; Eph. 6:4.

4 Parents, What Can You Do? You have the responsibility to teach your children God’s view of blood. (2 Tim. 3:14, 15) A clear explanation is found in the Reasoning book, pages 70-4. Study it carefully with your family. Using the feature "If Someone Says—" on pages 74-6, conduct practice sessions with your children to help them gain experience in explaining what they believe and why. (1 Pet. 3:15) Other provisions for educating us about the blood issue include the brochure How Can Blood Save Your Life? and The Watchtower of June 15, 2004, pages 14-24. In addition, the video programs Transfusion-Alternative Health Care—Meeting Patient Needs and Rights and No Blood—Medicine Meets the Challenge, which are currently available on the DVD entitled Transfusion Alternatives—Documentary Series, give convincing information about the reasonableness and effectiveness of bloodless medicine and surgery. Has your family watched and discussed these presentations recently?

5 Help your children ‘prove to themselves what the good, acceptable, and perfect will of God’ is regarding blood. Then they can make a mature decision that has Jehovah’s blessing.—Rom. 12:2.

• Lady Viola
    Lady Viola

stuckinamovent said:
    "It was interesting that the handout that was provided had specific instructions not to allow the information to be reproduced. "

Any change that you can upload the hand-out? ;-)

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

Okay, here is my take on the crackdown on elders children going to college and allowing them to continue as elders.

1) It sets up a double standard within the org. Talks are given to enforce no higher-education to the R&F and then they turn right around and see Elders kids enrolled. Causes a WTF? moment and doubts start.

2) The biggest percentage (imo) of increase in North America, UK, Canada, any other developed countries, are born-ins getting baptized. Letting the Elders get away with this institutes #1 above and leads to more falling out of the org.

So this Elders Manual accompanied by the KM school is really showing the course direction that the org is taking. The hammer is coming down!

• TheListener
    TheListener

If I recall most of the newer GB2.0 members come from the ranks of COs and DOs. That would be the Service Department. That Department was run by Jaracz. I'm sure he stacked the deck with like minded individuals.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit