KM (Elder School) Brief Highlights

by XBEHERE 104 Replies latest jw friends

• GrandmaJones
    GrandmaJones

Is it really going to make a difference that the older ones are gone? After all, the replacements are handpicked by the existing body. Wouldn't the old-timers have been choosing like-minded replacements? After all, I know some younger JW's who have a much harder stance on a number of things than many older ones. I dunno....

• stuckinamovement
    stuckinamovement

"Encourage young men to reach out" was the title of another talk.

Sitting in the auditorium you could see it was needed.

Of all in attendance:

10% - age 30-40

10% age 40-50

30% age 50-60

30% age 60-70

20% age 70+

That means that if my area is a typical cross section of the Org- that 80% of all elders are over 50 years of age, and that 50% are over 60 years old. They have no succession plan, and they know it.

SIAM

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

lwt - I don't know. I think at first their function was to actually enforce the blood ban. But, as more and more things became MOC, their main function now is the inform the R&F about which things they can do and which are MOC.

That policy is so confusing, the average JW doesn't realize just how much stuff they can take without organizational sanctions.

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

SIAM - That sounds about right around here.

Was there a "encourage former servants to reach out once again" part? I know in my congregation, the ex-elders outnumber current elders.

• stuckinamovement
    stuckinamovement

DB, No there wasn't an encourage former servants to reach out part. The part really emphasized taking a young man under your wing and becoming a mentor. I think that the Branch might feel that the men who served in the past might be more of a liablilty than asset.

• sir82
    sir82

Kind of odd - they go to great lengths to exclude elders (have a kid in college? out you go!) and then have a recruiting talk on "get more men to reach out".

I don't think that's what Jesus had in mind when he said "don't let your left hand know what the right hand is doing".

• pirata
    pirata

I wonder if the GB2.0 are going to end up with a rutherford-style purge of the witnesses who don't say "how high?" when they say "jump!"?

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz
    It was interesting that the handout that was provided had specific instructions not to allow the information to be reproduced.

Any copies of these handouts? It would be interesting to see.

Maybe the uneducated morons in Brooklyn figure that since they didn't need any education and they got as high as they did, all r&f should follow their lead in being uneducated followers believing every filth coming out of gb mouth.

As for blood. Is it possible they will reverse any allowable fractions and ban anything to do with blood so more jws die a sacrificial death for wts? Are they running out of sacrificed baby pictures for their latest Awake magazine?

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

I can believe that the GB is going to take a cold hard stand on blood. The more persecution that is heaped on the sheep (i.e. court orders, children dying etc.) the more the sheep believe they are the only true organization. It is to the benefit of the GB to have "the world "persecuting the members

• pontoon
    pontoon

They sure don't have a problem with exploiting the knowledge and skills of those that do have higher education. Bethel doctors, dentists, nurses, engineers, architects, lawyers, lawyers, lawyers, lawyers........

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit