Debunking the Watchtower - Slam Dunks and Solid Arguments

by Nickolas 88 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Curtains
    Curtains

thats a good one Aguest (two hopes instead of one hope)

Nickolas

here is another. Jehovahs witnesses love to use the argument that there is no where else to go in their interpretation of John 6:68. Only Jehovahs witnesses have sayings of everlasting life, they argue, and therefore followers must remain in the organisation. But of course this section of John directs an individual to Christ and not to an organsation.

• MrMonroe
    MrMonroe

FreeWilly, excellent video on the argument on the truth. I agree that the language should be modified, but excellent argumentation.

• Listener
    Listener

Thanks for sharing your views AGuest and partaking is a very serious issue.

I was really floored when I read on here that they say Jesus is not the mediator for everyone but only the annointed/chosen ones. I looked it up in their publications before I could believe that they state this.

They are certainly fundamental teachings and affect our worship of God given that we are given expicit instructrions about these from the bible.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

It's not so much the topic, but the way it is presented.

It's a waste of time me trying to extract a Dub because they start chanting as soon as I open my mouth.

Yesterday I was told of an athiest being visited by two brothers, who kept them coming back answering his questions until they left.

His advantage was that, because he had no prior association with JWs, he was seen as far more redeemable than our ilk. Couple that with good critical thinking ability and you don't even need to know any of their doctrines or background before you start working on extracting them.

Really, what you need to do is keep them wanting to answer your questions, with you pointing out their logical fallacies and sending them off again with them eager to return with the proper answer.

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

Nick, have you watched my video series showing that many key beliefs of the JW's don't even appear in the Bible?

It's a very simple premise, such as:

N: So you say that you believe in a paradise earth?

N's wife: Yes honey, we do.

N: Can you show me where that phrase appears in the Bible?

NW: Of course honey. Let me get my reasoning book out.... [starts looking for "paradise"]

N: No hon, just show me in the Bible where the phrase "paradise earth" or even a verse where "paradise" appears with "earth".

NW: [shows various scriptures, none has the phrase]

N: So you're telling me that you believe in a paradise earth, yet the phrase doesn't appear in the Bible at all. Hmmmmmmmmmmm.

I've got a number of videos up that will provide tools to think. Check them out at www.youtube.com/exgileadmissionary

• bohm
    bohm

"I dont like the fact the new brochure of evolution misquote scientists so it look like they say one thing but they dont. I think thats dishonest. Why is it no retracted?"

• designs
    designs

Awakened- just a headsup the Jewish Faith believes in Gan Eden and Western Christianity believes all the Faithful will return to this earth with Jesus during the Second Coming and live here forever.

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

Designs, they can all believe what they wish. I believe in the great Flying Spaghetti Monster, but that doesn't make it true.

The plain truth is that "paradise earth" and many other JW catch phrases simply don't appear in the Bible. This should come as a shock to JWs, as it did to me.

• wobble
    wobble

When I mentioned the paucity of evidence for the concept of a Paradise Earth in the N.T to my oldest sister, well known nutter and uber-dub, she came back with:

" Jesus said "you will be with me in paradise" and " the meek will inherit the earth" "

I disposed of the first one quite quickly, by pointing out his listener, a Jew, would have a concept of a heavenly paradise, if Jesus had said you will be with me in my kingdom, he may have thought of an earthly one, but paradise, that was out of this world.

I did not get a chance to tackle the second point, as she ran away saying "You won't destroy my faith !"

That is true, blind faith in things for which there is not a shred of proof is pretty well immune to truth, facts and logic..

• designs
    designs

True or not just be informed what these religions teach. One of the biggest hoaxes perpetrated on the Christian public every Sunday is that they are going to spend eternity in 'Heaven' with Jesus, that ain't what is taught offically in their very own Seminaries.

I was at a funeral Saturday at a Church and everybody, and I mean everybody that got up to speak laid out the exact opposite view of what their own Seminary teaches, not one person mentioned their official Church teahing of life on earth. Its a scam that goes on like the everyready bunny. Sad.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit