Debunking the Watchtower - Slam Dunks and Solid Arguments

by Nickolas 88 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey Nickolas..

Ok..I get where your coming from..

Lets forget Pessimisim..It wouldn`t work anyway..

LOL!!..

Find out what "Piss`s Off" your Mrs. about the WBT$..Thats a start..

Every JW will tell you there are "Problems in The Organization"..

They are all afraid to make too big a deal about it though..They will be tossed in a heartbeat and they know it..

Your going to have to work at it slowly..You can`t be noticed doing it..

You have to be covert,in every way..

When you get opportunities,point things out..Covertly..

Learn as much as you can here..Then use it to your advantage in your own family..Covertly..

You are literally at war with the WBT$..They have an Army of JW NutCases..

Who will try to destroy your family,if thats what it takes to keep your wife in the JW Cult..

They will stop at nothing to keep her,if they think you are trying to get her out..

Watchtower World is a Grave Yard of Broken Families..Mine Included..

...................... ...OUTLAW

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

Thanks, and yes, I have been fighting a losing battle for 33 years and I know how deadly serious and difficult this is. But I for one do not discount the power of calm, logical arguments presented at the right moments in time. What I do know is emotional arguments don't work. Getting angry at patently preposterous positions has the effect of entrenching them. Been there, done that, failed miserably. All I have left is collecting factual knowledge and insights into what makes the WTBTS tick and calmly chipping away, as you suggest, a tiny piece at a time. If that's not going to work, then I will spend the rest of my life unhappy and that prospect does not hold any appeal. I also might be able to help keep people out. I am not about to give up on this.

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

Well Nick, I don't know if you meant just using logic, or the Bible, because I don't think the Bible can be used to prove ANYTHING. But as far as debunking their own religion, since they BELIEVE it's the word of Jehovah, then I think there are just SO many, but this one always seems to slip under the radar:

"And I will send fire upon Magog, and upon those who are inhabiting the islands in security; and people will have to know that I am Jehovah. And my holy name I shall make known in the midst of my people Israel, and I shall no more let my holy name be profaned; and the nations will have to know that I am Jehovah, the Holy One in Israel." ~Ezekiel 39:6,7.

There are a few things that JW's must accept, from these two verses.

A. It is happening just before and during the time of Magog, which is now and in the near future.

B. God's name is NOT KNOWN, but he is going to MAKE IT KNOWN in the midst of them.

C. The name that's being used is either PROFANITY or it's profaning his real name somehow.

D. It is referring to Jehovah's Witnesses, because they are Israel today.

Is there a loophole in this that I've missed, or is it a slam dunk?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Nickolas..

The teaching of "The generation of 1914 will not pass away"..Was discarded in 1995..

Many JW`s still don`t understand that they no longer believe that anymore..

It was a deal breaker for many when they figured it out..They were Lied to for Decades..

JW`s no longer have a hope of the "New System" coming in their lifetime..Some don`t know that..

Learn as much as you can..Work every angle possible..

Covertly..

• FreeWilly
    FreeWilly

Hey guys, I'm playing around with these conversation video's that similate the JW mentality. I've had these discussions before and they all seemed to go like this. To me they seem like slam dunks, but we all know about cognative dissonence.

Here's one on blood: http://www.xtranormal.com/watch/7935259

Here's one on God directing the organization: http://www.xtranormal.com/watch/7933701

I'd love a little feed back.

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

Thank you kindly, Prodigal Son and OUTLAW. I need scriptural arguments as much as secular and scientific arguments.

I should emphasize that my objective is not to turn my wife into a non-believer. I'm not sure she could handle it, even if I could. She was an Anglican when I married her and that's more than ok with me. Anglicans don't wreck families, far as I know. If Christians can get over the thought of helping out an atheist, I'd be more than happy to hear from them (just don't try to convert me, please.)

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Another thought Nickolas..

Learn about the Money making Scams,the WBT$ uses to Fleece the Flock..

Loaning donated money by JW`s,to JW`s..To build Kingdom Halls at 3% interest..

Eventually the WBT$ sells the Kingdom Hall and Keeps the Money..

How the WBT$ scams governments out of Disaster Relief money..

Ficticious Assembly Depts..

The Tacoma Dome Scandel..Ect..Ect..

• wasblind
    wasblind

I know that when I was studying and attending the KH, I did exactly as they said, and stayed off of apostate sites

it wasn't until I had broken away from them, that I went on the sites. But if someone had of encouraged me

to take a look before I broke away on my own, I am certain I would have been out even earlier because

of what I found on these sites the average JW is not even aware of, they are kept so busy they really don't have time

to examine what they are spreading as the good news. I can only speak for myself as a convert

and not for born ins who had been indoctrinated longer

• Satanus
    Satanus

Nickolas

I certainly am not saying that the slow and steady chipping method, that you are using won't work. That has been proven many, many times to be very effective. By all means, keep chipping, and good luck to you, in your patient efforts.

S

• wasblind
    wasblind

" Many JW`s still don`t understand that they no longer believe that anymore.. "

Amen to that Outlaw,

half of 'em goin' d2d with expired "truth"

only in the WTS does the "truth" grow old and expire

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit