December AWAKE entitled: The Truth About Christmas

by AwSnap 60 Replies latest jw friends

• AwSnap
    AwSnap

I just found an envelope outside my door. As I picked it up, it felt a little heavy. Inside, there is an AWAKE, and print-out, and a hand written note:

"________. since you've taken an interest in holiday activities, I think you might find this interesting. The same type of information is available on other holidays as well- Please consider it seriously. Love, _____________"

The Awake is entitled, THE TRUTH ABOUT CHRISTMAS

Right now, I am furious. I do not go to this person's house and tell him what's wrong with his religion! But now, NOW I WANT TO. I want to say to him, "Sure, I'll read your BS magazine as long as I can come to YOUR home and you'll read the print-outs I give you that speak negatively about YOUR daily practices and faith".

I am absolutely going to say something, I've just got to chill out first.

Briefly about me: I've been faded for a long time. Baptized ate age 15. Been faded about 15 years. And I'm now celebrating holidays openly (though anxious about bullshit like this and actually getting df'd for it)

Any suggestions on what I should say?

• cantleave
    cantleave

How about...................

"Mind your own f*ckin' business and i'll mind mine!" ?

• sabastious
    sabastious

I rarely think about the fact that people who celebrate Christmas would be grossly offended by the things the Witnesses teach about it.

It's just down right rude and uncalled for to transfer from house to house spelling doom and gloom about Christmas... Most people eagerly await Christmas because they are happy to see family they don't get to see much and Christmas brings them together.

Who gives a shit if the "roots" of Christmas are what they are. People have made it their own and they use it as an excuse to set aside family issues and get together in fellowship.

But here come the Witnesses eagerly awaiting to rain on your parade.

-Sab

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Rip the mag up, put it back in the envelope, place it at the door of the numbnut, and have a nice day.

Don't let this person dip from your bucket and take your joy.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Rip the mag up, put it back in the envelope, place it at the door of the numbnut, and have a nice day.....Josie

....................... ...OUTLAW

• designs
    designs

Send photos of happy people in front of a Christmas tree and send it to your local KH and Bethel.

• Gayle
    Gayle

Or, put it back in the envelope, with, in big red marker print: JWFacts.com or freeminds.org and leave at his door.

• AGuest
    AGuest
    Rip the mag up, put it back in the envelope, place it at the door of the numbnut, and have a nice day.

Perhaps along with a page or two of some very "revealing"... but not necessarily complimentary... WTBTS "facts", dear Miz Josie (the greatest of love and peace to you and yours!)?? I mean, what's good for the [xmas] goose should also be good for the [non-xmas] gander, yes?

Don't let this person dip from your bucket and take your joy.

Okaaayyyy??? People can only let you feel bad about yourself, dear AS (peace to you, as well!)... if you let them. Don't let them. Especially since no one (and especially a group of folks who claim to be "true" christians) should be judging anyone else... about anything, pretty much... and particularly as to eating and drinking and observance of festivals, etc.

I say, send him a "straw"... or two... back with that torn up "rafter"...

Oh, and DO sign it... "Love, AwSnap." Because you certainly wouldn't want to be "returning evil for evil." He gave you evil; I say, return love.

Peace to you both!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• designs
    designs

Send photos of happy people in front of a Christmas tree and send it to your local KH and Bethel.

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

I'm going to go with a combination of the above suggestion, albeit tweaked to my liking.

Step 1. Get a large, un-marked brown paper bag. (You don't want to confuse idiot JW) Write on the brown bag, "New Light concerning the Truth of the Generation of 1914".

Step 2. Round up a large pile of dog sh*t or even better yet, take a huge dump of your own feces and put them into the doubled-up brown paper bag.

Step 3. Go to this douchebags home, place brown bag at his front door, between the two doors if he has them.

Step 4. Ring door-bell, several times for full effect.

Step 5. Quickly run away and hide to watch hillarity ensue.

Step 6. Watch the douchebag JW come to the door and retrieve his rich reward for being a nosey, judgemental asshole.

The End.

- Wing Commander

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit