December AWAKE entitled: The Truth About Christmas

by AwSnap 60 Replies latest jw friends

• AGuest
    AGuest

Jiminy Crockett, dear WC (peace to you!). Now THAT is returning "evil"... for evil. And really immature. Yuck.

A slave of Christ,

SA

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Rip the mag up, put it back in the envelope, place it at the door of the numbnut, and have a nice day.

I like this idea. I'd probably add a note to it that said, "F*ck off and die, asswipe."

But that's just me.

W

• AwSnap
    AwSnap

Here is what I believe I will do. Fold it back up, stick it in an envelope along with a hand written note:

When you take a good, hard, SERIOUS look at the practices you as a Jehovah's Witness take part of, then I will take a serious look at your magazine.

If you need a reminder, Here you are:

Wedding Rings, Wedding Veils, Bridesmaids, Lipstick & Make-up (what does the Bible teach about it?), Jewelry (What does the BIBLE, not jw literature, have to say about jewelry), even your very own Watchtower Symbol.

A baby shower is a party that celebrates the birth of a child, where the new baby receives a ton of gifts. Too bad their only birthday party is one they won't remember.

Romans 14:5 says: One man judges one day as above another. Another man judges one day as all others. Let each man be fully convinced in his own mind.

1 Corinthians 4:5: Hence, do not judge anything before the due time, until the Lord comes, who will bring both the secret things of darkness to light and make the counsels of the hearts manifest. and then each one will have his praise come to him from God.

1 Cor 4:6: ....Follow the Rule: Do not go beyond the things that are written, in order that YOU may not be puffed up individually in favor of the one against the other

Colossians 2:16

New International Version (©1984)
    Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day.

*** 'Awake!' 2003 9/22 p.24 The Piñata—An Ancient Tradition***

A main concern is, not what the practice meant hundreds of years ago, but how it is viewed today in your area. Understandably, opinions may vary from one place to another. Hence, it is wise to avoid turning such matters into big issues. The Bible says: "Let each one keep seeking, not his own advantage, but that of the other person."—1 Corinthians 10:24.

In the end, it really doesnt matter to you what the Bible actually says. All that matters to you is what the Governing Body tells you to think.

I am returning this magazine to you, although I pray that you will not give it to someone else. Quit trying to ruin other people's happiness and start focusing on your own shortcomings.

• AGuest
    AGuest

Or that, yes...

Peace to you, dear AS... and "happy" whatever it is you choose to celebrate!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

"As you know, I am already aware of the information in this magazine. I have also taken a good, well-informed, serious look at many other issues and feel that I must follow my conscience and what the Bible actually says, rather than blindly follow a group of men in Brooklyn.

Romans 14:5 says: One man judges one day as above another. Another man judges one day as all others. Let each man be fully convinced in his own mind.

1 Corinthians 4:5: Hence, do not judge anything before the due time, until the Lord comes, who will bring both the secret things of darkness to light and make the counsels of the hearts manifest. and then each one will have his praise come to him from God.

1 Cor 4:6: ....Follow the Rule: Do not go beyond the things that are written, in order that YOU may not be puffed up individually in favor of the one against the other

*** 'Awake!' 2003 9/22 p.24 The Piñata—An Ancient Tradition***

A main concern is, not what the practice meant hundreds of years ago, but how it is viewed today in your area. Understandably, opinions may vary from one place to another. Hence, it is wise to avoid turning such matters into big issues. The Bible says: "Let each one keep seeking, not his own advantage, but that of the other person."—1 Corinthians 10:24.

I am returning your magazine to you, with the hope that you also will both inform yourself, and be concerned about your own salvation before you judge others."

Sincerely,

AwSnap

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

This is one of those moments when I tip my hat to women. AwSnap and Aguest, and Gayle decided to be diplomatic in their approach when responding. All the guys, minus Mrs.Jones(who's usually diplomatic) decided to go hardcore in their response. Wing Commander you're the greatest LOL. Wow. I cringe for the JW who knocks on your door.

By the way, a magazine as offensive as this shouldn't be presented anyway. A JW runs the risk of getting his azz kicked in field service over this particular magazine, while those old cocksuckers on the GB twiddle their thumbs in the warm safety of Bethel.

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

You could also inlcude the quote from the recent July (?) magazine about "No one should be forced to worship in a way they don't agree with..."

( or something like that....)

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    By the way, a magazine as offensive as this shouldn't be presented anyway.

That's the reason I'm not so diplomatic about this. Every December, every year, the watchtower deliberately prints their anti-Christmas propaganda. It's a deliberate action designed to shit on everyone's holiday. They must know, if they have any brains at all, that this sort of article will not generate more converts. It's a deliberate attempt to hurt others, and should not be treated with any respect whatsoever.

W

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

I guess it is time for the Anti-JW's erroneous view on christmas thread, LOL !

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Send it to me. I need to wipe my ass.

I wouldn't want their cheap ink smudging up my trench.

W

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit