December AWAKE entitled: The Truth About Christmas

by AwSnap 60 Replies latest jw friends

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Fact is that the WT and the JW's wouldn't know the truth about Christmas if it did an tap dance on their faces with steel toed boots.

I would crack my ass up laughing if a "new light" brought them back to celebrating Christmas, LMAO !!

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

Quit trying to ruin other people's happiness and start focusing on your own shortcomings.

I like this sentence AwSnap. Beautiful!

• Think About It
    Think About It

Wow......that is infuriating! Who the hell does that person think they are?

I like a combination of tearing it up and going to the person's door. If they answer, give them the shreaded mag back, tell them that was an ignorant f'n thing to do, don't they ever think of doing it again, and then wish them a Merry Christmas as you leave. If no one is home, leave the shreds at their door with a note. That was way out of line for the JW to do.

Think About It

• pirata
    pirata

Keep the magazine.

Give her the information you mentioned above.

Say that you'll read hers if she reads yours. After all, if it's the truth, you have nothing to fear.

*edit* Even better say you'll discuss hers if you discuss yours. That way she doesn't just take your information and throw it out.

• AwSnap
    AwSnap

I would crack my ass up laughing if a "new light" brought them back to celebrating Christmas, LMAO !!

While this will never happen, the thought of it just made me laugh.

Well, I decided just to hand write the response I posted here. And I just went and delivered it to him, but he wasnt home. So I left where he'll find it .

ARGH....its just so irritating to know that the magazine is going to people at this beautiful, happy time. All the jw's want to do is smash people's happiness TODAY and focus on a future thats not even going to happen!

• SixofNine
  • PSacramento
    PSacramento
    While this will never happen, the thought of it just made me laugh.

Really? while I am not hodling my breath, you never know.

I can see the 'new light" saying that the celebration of special days be under Paul's adivce in Romans:

5 One man considers one day more sacred than another; another man considers every day alike. Each one should be fully convinced in his own mind. 6 He who regards one day as special, does so to the Lord.

• AGuest
    AGuest
    but he wasnt home.

Sure he wasn't hiding behind the door/curtains, dear AS (again, peace to you!)?? Ironic, maybe, but certainly plausible (I mean, they do it on Hallowe'en and other days...).

Peace... and "good job"!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• carla
    carla

marking to see if the jw responds.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

How about "The Truth About Assyria"?

That same issue has an article about Assyria with the years of the Assyrian conquest of Samaria and the Babylonian conquest of Assyria both wrong by 20 years. Gee, I wonder why? Oh, right, they have to rewrite history to support their shifting false prophecies.

JWs crow about checking the encyclopedia to see that "Christendom" is wrong about Jesus birthday by a few months. So check the encyclopedia and you'll find that JWs are wrong by DECADES in a futile effort to prop up Chuck Russell's screwed up numero-pyramidology magic year 1914 when the world changed INVISIBLY!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit