December AWAKE entitled: The Truth About Christmas

by AwSnap 60 Replies latest jw friends

• AwSnap
    AwSnap

Haha, no Aguest, he wasnt hiding behind curtains. lol

I actually just had to call him about something else (its my father, ok?? hehe, I was trying not to add that detail but now I feel I must. My ELDER father is who dropped off the info). After we discussed the 'other' thing, I said "Is there anything you would like to discuss with me?" To which he replied, "No, I'm good. I'm fine. Have a good evening."

What aggravated me is that I didnt even INVITE him to where I was. He came by unannounced one day and, BAM, there was my Christmas tree. (lookin' mighty beautiful, I might add) . He didnt say anything at the moment, and that was over a week ago. I wondered if it was just pure shock on his part. He KNOWS that I no longer want to be a witness, but he's never seen me doing anything blatently anti-jw.

I feel good for returning his mag

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan
    I wondered if it was just pure shock on his part. He KNOWS that I no longer want to be a witness, but he's never seen me doing anything blatently anti-jw.

Hmmm, I wonder if he fears bout his standing as an elder and the various "privileges" since you are so out...

• AwSnap
    AwSnap

His priveleges were removed when I lived at home. I havent lived at home for 13 years, so he was able to become an elder a few years ago.

I've always been VERY careful not to get caught when celebrating holidays. I hate causing a stir....hate causing conflict. But now I feel there is no need for a conflict. People should allow me to do what I want. I don't feel that celebrating holidays is wrong, so they should not get upset. And if they do, well, I'll take a second look at my actions ONCE THEY TAKE A LOOK AT THEIR RELIGION.

• agonus
    agonus

How about a tract for the gentleman entitled "The Truth about The Memorial?"

• agonus
    agonus

FF,

yeah, why wipe your ass with something already covered in shit?

• bennyk
    bennyk

Someday, somewhere, some Witness will stumble across 1 Thessalonians 4:11...

But, evidently, not today.

• AwSnap
    AwSnap

OOoooh BennyK, thats a good one

• Invetigator74
    Invetigator74

Like that one also BennyK

If I recall(being out for 30 years +) Every other year or so the WTS would always put out a article about Christmas in the Awake magazines around the Christmas holiday. I have a early issue of the "Golden Age"(pre "Awake") with a article entitled "Christmas, its origin" and guess what the date of the issue was..........Dec.12,1928! You guessed! lol

• Botzwana
    Botzwana

Palmtree, Thanks for the quote on that article. THAT is what is pissing me off. The wedding ring thing. Halloween and christmas do NOT mean the same thing today as they did back then.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Perhaps along with a page or two of some very "revealing"... but not necessarily complimentary... WTBTS "facts", dear Miz Josie (the greatest of love and peace to you and yours!)?? I mean, what's good for the [xmas] goose should also be good for the [non-xmas] gander, yes?

Yes, I wholeheartly agree.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit