I was BANE...I have an apology to most of you.

by Botzwana 129 Replies latest jw friends

• zoiks
    zoiks

Botz,

I know that you said that you don't feel ready for Crisis of Conscience, but I really can't recommend it enough. If you're expecting a hate-filled rant, you'll be surprised. Ray Franz gives a very measured, even restrained (some say too restrained), take on his time as a missionary and GB member and the things that struck him as off - much the way that an article struck you as being off. It is available as a PDF, so you don't need to have a physical copy lying around the house.

This is not an effort to "get you out", but rather a suggestion that you consider the viewpoint of the author, and compare it to what you have seen, heard, and experienced during your years in the organization. I think you would take a lot from it.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Botz, here is my suggestion...get Crisis of Conscience and try reading it. At the first sign you observe of hatred, anger, malice or bias simply put the book down and forget about it...never to read it again. I highly doubt you will see any there. I think the first several chapters would actually be enjoyable to any Witness...since it speaks of his growing up in the org, and years or service, and trials and tribulations related to his service....much like a yearbook.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

About the "socks" thing. It isn't about attire at all, it is about control and obedience to the Borg-imposed hierarchy. Does it REALLY matter what people wear? Not at all. But when men take charge over the lives of others they want some way to exercise their authority and one way it almost always comes out in religious situations is in rules about dress and grooming. They're not based on any scriptural principal at all other than obedience to the Borganization and their appointees.

• tec
    tec
    My wife says that if you would dress to a T to go for a job interview, then you should dress to a T to approach the most high God. Nevermind the fact that the Bible speaks a great deal more on the importance of your character and your heart than your appearance. I wonder if Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, or even Jesus would be considered presentable for the platform?

The difference is: a potential employer expects you to dress to a T, or he won't consider you. Does God have that same human expectation? Or does He see only what is within you?

She is confusing (as are most JW's) a human expectation of the flesh, with God's expectation of the spirit.

Tammy

• Botzwana
    Botzwana

Where is this Franz book available to read over the internet?

Would ya believe this now? I ask a brother to charge up my Kingston with some songs since I own a restaurant so I can play some cool music in it and he is holding it hostage until I go to a meeting! It's my frickin kingston!!!

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Botswana:

go to http://www.commentarypress.com/Detail/eng_crisis_e.html

It is 7.95 for a electronic dowload...or do you want a hardcopy? Then go to amazon.com.

PM me if you have any questions.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Botswana:

go to http://www.commentarypress.com/Detail/eng_crisis_e.html

It is 7.95 for a electronic dowload...or do you want a hardcopy? Then go to amazon.com.

PM me if you have any questions.

• sacolton
    sacolton

Feel the love?

BTW I loaned my CoC soft cover to an exJW. I'd send it to you if I had it.

• RosePetal
    RosePetal

Welcome Botz. I am so glad you are thinking for yourself and questioning, and hats of to you for apologizing, please take the advice about CoC my husband and I wish we had read the book twenty years ago but we were too afraid.

RosePetal

• yknot
    yknot

OMGoodness !!!!

Okay.....go to the meeting.....smile and get your device back and then turn around and walk back out the door.....

If he confronts you.......just look him straight in the eye and tell him his actions of witholding your personal property has really 'stumbled you'.

OR

You can arrive at his house with an officer and retrieve your belongings.

On CoC ...........I didn't read it until recently (and I didn't read the last page)......it wasn't anything that I hadnt known or heard before. Ray was a very sincere individual, he could have started his own religion and made billions reaping those the WTS causes to stumble but he didnt he only encouraged us to discern for ourselves. Today that spirit continues through many on this site and Freeminds.

Purchasing the book versus attempting to find it pirated helps a lovely widow too....

I say don't rush things..... continue talking over things until you are ready.

PM me, Isaac, Josie, Outlaw or really any of us you feel most comfortable talking too......(but remember if you are feeling or thinking something ...chance are so is somebody else and it would be of great benefit to post it as discussion thread)

and......eventually maybe you can host an aposta-get together at your digs (cool music included)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit