I was BANE...I have an apology to most of you.

by Botzwana 129 Replies latest jw friends

• Botzwana
    Botzwana

I was Bane and I think I got banned because everytime I tried to log in I couldn't. I was defending the society as best as I could. Something has happened in the last few months. It all started with a watchtower a few months ago. I thought I was doing everything right. Then the magazine says...Ah ah, you have to do THIS too in order for Jehovah to love you. I haven't been back in two months.

So I apologize to all that I got under the skin of. Issac etc.

I have been having some real issues with the teachings. The big one for me and it might make some of you laugh but it is wedding rings. Wedding rings are pagan. I had this talk with an Elder. He says they aren't pagan anymore because today they mean something different....Well...SO DOES HALLOWEEN AND CHRISTMAS! Hallween USED to be pagan! I don't think it means the same as it did when it was created. How come this isn't allowed now? Now it is JUST about kids getting candy. The whole burning your kids in the fire and Samhain is not done anymore. To me, Christmas is the same thing. It is just about kids being happy about presents. Christmas is beautful!

I hope I can vent here and not be scorned.

BANE aka Botzwana now...

• tec
    tec

Nice to have you back, Botzwana. Funny the different things that get people to recognize the hypocrisy and double standards, isn't it?

Tammy

edited to change Bane to Botzwana

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Hearty welcome... I mean... welcome BACK!

I have found that folks tend to defend the organization quite fiercely when they are feeling the fire of their own doubts...

I am happy you are here.

OH!! I almost forgot... I don't think you were banned... Sir Simon did some work on the site server and we had trouble logging in for a while.

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

Welcome back. By the way, I enjoyed your posts as Bane. You were handing out biblicle smackdowns man! I loved it. By all means vent!! Get it off your chest breh!!

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

We all have a journey to take. If your's got off to a rough start, it's okay.

I think it says alot about most people on this site, that you trust us enough to try again.

Palm

• Botzwana
    Botzwana

Now I am like you guys. I would blast you for hiding in the org etc. and saying why didn't you have the guts to leave. But when you have been in for 16 years that is all you know. That is your whole family. Even though they never invited me to get togethers etc....But I digress. How do you make worldly friends? I understand some of your points now. The reason to lie to let others know you are still there to keep the friendship. I don't live in the U.S. anymore but have friends there. I would lose them if they found out.

I still believe most of the teachings etc. Trinity, hellfire etc. But where it screws me up is when I see a little mexican ardent catholic woman who is definetely more righteous than me doing the sign of the cross etc. who has never had a bad bone in her body...That jehovah is going to destroy her for that? JUST because she didn't accept a Bible study with the witnesses? Sounds illogical. And it sounds cruel if Jehovah really thinks like that.

I have horror stories but I always looked the other way in a sign of "well, they are imperfect"....I guess I finally snapped with the article of the WT that one day.

What do you guys do without the org? I have enjoyed just staying home watching TV and not preaching SO MUCH! It does feel a little liberating. I am just looking out for the sheparding call.

I am not saying I am done yet. But for the first time in my life I feel like I don't want to go back.

• GrandmaJones
    GrandmaJones

I am not out long enough to give you the good answer, but I want to tell you that it's good to have you here. I think that at this particular time it may be helpful especially to have someone who has been on both sides of the board. You're the first one I know. (Granted, not been here long) I am looking forward to hearing more.

• sabastious
    sabastious

Good for you.

You were a serious pain a few months ago.

-Sab

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

Bane/Botzwana, if you don't mind me asking........what WT Article did it? What was the article that set you off?

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

Welcome, Botzwana. :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit