by Newborn 125 Replies latest jw friends

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

And I love Christmas, too! ;)

Jackie

Still a stupid holiday.

• TheSilence
    TheSilence

The time I spend with my family is not stupid. And don't get me wrong, I already see them regularly. But it is a time to be together, to have fun with the kids, to celebrate our year together. It's fun watching the kids get excited about Santa. It's fun buying someone that perfect gift. It's a happy day. ;)

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Ya can't stop folks from wallowing in their misery if that's where they want to be. Also, they can't diminish your love and joy about Christmas, only if you let them.

I love Christmas too.

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

The time I spend with my family is not stupid. And don't get me wrong, I already see them regularly. But it is a time to be together, to have fun with the kids, to celebrate our year together. It's fun watching the kids get excited about Santa. It's fun buying someone that perfect gift. It's a happy day. ;)

Ohhh...no......must fight the JW in me....must fight it....losing power...........

You serious? You can do that all year. You can buy someone a gift whenever you please. You can have fun watching the kids get excited when they're trying to find the toy in a cereal box. You can enjoy family when the weather is warmer. If you see them regularly, why do you need a special day to celebrate the year with them? Don't mind me, I'm just a cranky person in general, so if you enjoy this Christmas thing, good for you. But it just seems like the stupidest time of year to me. The only good thing about it to me, is the day off work.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

You serious? You can do that all year. You can buy someone a gift whenever you please. You can have fun watching the kids get excited when they're trying to find the toy in a cereal box.

Still touting the jw party line about the holidays, aren't ya? No wonder you're so cranky.

• Berengaria
    Berengaria
    You've gotten on my bad side once already. Think about it before you do it again...
    V665V665

Is this fo real?

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

I sit here in complete amazement that a thread with a positive title and sentiment can generate such negativity. Even if you don't like the holiday, you can certainly be happy for those that do and if you can't do that, I suggest you take a good hard look at yourself and figure out what has made you so bitter and negative.

On a personal note, I expected better of you Vamp. Your 'lame poetry' comment and this:
    "You've gotten on my bad side once already. Think about it before you do it again..."was rather insulting and unless you've been granted mod privileges, I'm not sure why Berengaria should give a damn about being on 'your bad side', especially since your comments were totally grinchy.

Newborn, continue to enjoy this time of the year darlin...I think it's fun too

• Deceived
    Deceived

I Love Christmas season too, not about the gifts at all though!!! It just seems so cheery and I love rituals and tradition. We surely can't be doing that everyday.

Come on cheer up those who hate Christmas, don't be a Grinch or a Scrooge.........its just not Healthy to not have fun and enjoy sometimes!!

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Vamp:

If only ppl cared about family more than once or twice a year.

That is nothing more than JW judgmentalism speaking. Of course, people care about their families more than once or twice a year - smarten up.

You've gotten on my bad side once already. Think about it before you do it again...

Bad form, Vamp. Bad form.

I live in an area where many people are working away from home and away from their families. I am astounded at the number of my friends who make a point of inviting these family-less- for- the- holidays ones over for dinner and friendship on X-mas day.

When I was a JW, if we got invited out once a year, it was something special!

• ziddina
    ziddina

MiseryLovesElders..... and Vampire 665 [what? was "666" taken??]

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit