I love Christmas!

by Newborn 125 Replies latest jw friends

• sabastious
    sabastious
    I just got back from walking through downtown, and there's a huge baby in a manger nativity scene constructed, where people are taking pictures and standing in awe of it all.

I find that kind of scene disgusting (sorry for the strong language, but it's how I feel currently).

When I read about Jesus in the Bible I don't see him in the celebrations of Christmas, almost never.

I see a man working against the grain of society, a man with a vision of love and coexistence. That's not what mainstream Christianity is, mainstream Christianity is: I have been saved and so should you, you poor sinful soul.

When I find out how to honor Jesus in my own way I will celebrate Christmas, in my own way.

-Sab

• Butterflyleia85
    Butterflyleia85

Personally I still don't celebrate Jesus Christ as part of Christmas but celebrate christmas as part of gift giving and a time to remember family and friends and those who love you... kinda like thanks giving... and then with the idea of yes thank you God for giving me such a wonderful family!! :)

I still celebrate or remember Jesus sacrifies around Easter time... the way I was taught as a JW, Memorial Day. Not so much his birth I guess. But maybe I should start... ;)

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

I find that kind of scene disgusting (sorry for the strong language, but it's how I feel currently).

When I read about Jesus in the Bible I don't see him in the celebrations of Christmas, almost never.

I see a man working against the grain of society, a man with a vision of love and coexistence. That's not what mainstream Christianity is, mainstream Christianity is: I have been saved and so should you, you poor sinful soul.

When I find out how to honor Jesus in my own way I will celebrate Christmas, in my own way.

-Sab

Ya know something Sab, this is my favorite post of the day!! This made me want to fist pump!! I hope you find what you're looking for. I hope I find it too.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Ya know something Sab, this is my favorite post of the day!! This made me want to fist pump!! I hope you find what you're looking for. I hope I find it too.

-Sab

• laverite
    laverite

MLE:

Don't you think all the lights and decorations are pretty?

It all makes me feel warm and cozy. (or is that the spiked egg nog?) Sometimes I just want to give Santa a cuddle! (is it Johnny Depp or the spiked egg nog making me feel that way?).

Johnny Depp as Santa

• sabastious
    sabastious

lol lav.

-Sab

• laverite
    laverite

Sab- I think it's the nog!

Everyone - speaking of the nog - has anyone tried the "Southern Comfort" egg nog? Oh wow. Not sure which I would choose if I were presented with Santa (see pic above) or a cup of Southern Comfort Egg Nog. I mean, how do you choose between yummy and yummy? They are pretty equal in my book. lol.

• laverite
    laverite

Maybe I should post the question about favorite egg nog in a separate thread? I don't want to hijack the thread!!! Sorry in advance! I'll post elsewhere.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Everyone - speaking of the nog - has anyone tried the "Southern Comfort" egg nog? Oh wow. Not sure which I would choose if I were presented with Santa (see pic above) or a cup of Southern Comfort Egg Nog. I mean, how do you choose between yummy and yummy? They are pretty equal in my book. lol.

Sweet alcoholic drinks... that's a bad situation just waiting to happen.

-Sab

• laverite
    laverite

Sab - yes it is! But I believe in moderation. I have just posted this as a thread so anyone interested in the topic please post over on the new thread. Don't want to screw this one up. (again, my apologies).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit