I love Christmas!

by Newborn 125 Replies latest jw friends

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

@ziddina

Mob mentality much? Wow. So much anger. I don't know what to say. I hope we can all chill out! Maybe I'll PM you about this later when cooler heads prevail...

@poopsiecakes,

Dearest poopsie, it pains me deeply that we continue to be at odds over this issue. I hope you don't continue to take this so personally. At least laverite laughed off my previous comments and I appreciate him for it. You say that What I said was condescending and borderline insulting. How was your "poetry" any less insulting or condescending to 'Misery'? If you thought that 'Misery was such a crackpot, why didn't you simply continue to ignore him? Why feed the troll? 'Misery' is a man in pain and I feel for him, yet you chose to step on him instead of taking the higher road. I would have let that pass by but then this Berengaria creature interjected its own condescending, passive-agressive screed and my pot just boiled over. You ended up being the unfortunate recipient of the collateral damage and I am grieved that you took it so badly. I'm loathe to bring up the kettle/pot thing but it seems to apply here. (We're both black) You seem to be the kind who's more self assured and satisfied with life. 'Misery' and I are younger and not as far along. Yes, what he wrote was rather inflamitory, pedantic and excessive. Yes, he should have been more restrained. I shouldn't have fed so much on the negativity and I'm sorry for that.

As for this Berengaria person, I'll be able to let go of my ill will if this creature stays out of my way, at least for a while. Perhaps my dealings with Berengaria might not have any bearing on it's real life, but one person can make life rather unpleasant for another on any given internet forum and this can ruin the enjoyment of a given internet forum for both. One or both might not want to come back. I'd hate to see it get that far. I will not be so petty as to chase anyone from thread to thread over something like this, though.

@palmtree67,

If x-mas is such a positive thing for you and those around you, great! I'm around (non JW) people for whom it simply isn't so positive. There are lots of people in the world who have never had contact with JW's at all and they still have come to the same conclusion as I and several others here have: That for us, x-mas is a crock. Why take the trolling so personal? Others have laughed it off. I didn't say anything even half as inflammatory as 'Misery' did, but you guys jumped all over ME for it. Uh, yeah, it's hard not to feel a bit of paranoia and the old "persecution complex" coming on. I'm rather sensitive to mob mentality...

@The Silence,

My, my. For someone who claims not to give a rat's patootie, you sure gave a rather verbose reply to my last post. Perhaps it is 'thou who protesteth too much' this time? It appears to me that on a subliminal level that you are still "demanding" an answer. (Don't pull this personal projection psychological crap on me this time. This one belongs on your doorstep.) I don't know what kind of an answer I can give you as I don't think I quite know the answers myself yet. Why don't you go to my first ever post and try to figure it out for yourself if you think you're so clever. As for my cold: my physical discomforts and feeding on 'Misery' already had my pot boiling somewhat. The "lame poetry" just made me boil over. I see no reason why you had to interject and express such a strong "curiosity" over it. It seems you took it rather personally as well. You too could've freely ignored me. Why the fuss? (Just a rhetorical question. No need to answer as you've said plenty already...) I hope any future interaction between us can be more positive...

@Broken Promises,

Bless you sweetie. At least you kept your sense of humour over this...

@miseryloveselders,

You gotta stop this flame war man.

Gawd this is getting ugly. Everyone is taking so much umbrage. Can we all chill? Really. This is scaring me...

V665V665

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

@miseryloveselders,

You gotta stop this flame war man.

Gawd this is getting ugly. Everyone is taking so much umbrage. Can we all chill? Really. This is scaring me...

V665V665

You know you enjoy this as much as me LOL. Sighh....you're right though.

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "Mob mentality much?"

Oh, brother... The "victim" mentality, again... "Persecuted" for "truth's™" sake... Think like a Jehovah's Witness expecting to be "persecuted" and rinse, repeat...

The mods have been notified about the dead kitten picture.

I'm going to go for a walk and look at Christmas lights!!!

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

The mods have been notified about the dead kitten picture.

LOL, I tried editing the picture too, but it was too late. I really tried!! Oh well......take my banning or punishment like a man. If they get me, to those who know....its been real.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

It's gone. I deleted the whole post

misery what the @#*! were you thinking? That was totally inapproopriate. When I log in and see my PM box ois crammed with messges about a post then you gotta know somebody went waaaay too far

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Foir those of you who want to fight - take it to another thread

Better yet take it somewhere else - find a chat room somewhere and have it out

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

Lady Lee are you available this evening, because I'm feeling frisky.

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

LOL, someone needs to step away from the Twilight books!

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

Misery,

You have a PM.

V665V665

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

anuda one vamp damn man makin me wreied and dctiff.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit