I love Christmas!

by Newborn 125 Replies latest jw friends

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Awwww, someone needs a hug....

• TheSilence
    TheSilence
    You say that you're simply curious as to my motivations BUT reading between the lines, I believe that you think that Misery and I OWE you an explanation. I don't think we owe you a damn thing. Isn't our having grown up in the JW religion explanation enough?

That's an interesting statement to make about me considering you just complained about someone else making statements about you without first finding out what you're about. But you are certainly welcome to believe whatever you want about me. I'm not here to change anyone's mind, I really was just curious. If you choose not to answer, well, I'm pretty sure my life will go on just perfectly fine. And if you choose to believe that I'm the kind of person who feels she is owed something from a stranger on the internet, again, my life will go on just perfectly fine. I simply asked a question I was curious to know the answer to. You can answer it or not as you please.

As for having grown up in the JW religion being explanation enough... I guess not since I grew up in the religion as well and I don't understand the need to come in and bash other people's joy. Remember that the childhood experiences of a witness upbringing are not exclusive to you and yours on this site. You can handle that hurt and pain however you'd like, but don't think that your experiences are any more valid than anyone else's here just because you choose to express it differently than others.

I don't think that I'll ever be completely free of the BOrg as long as I have family that are still in and I can't see them ever leaving. It's my cross to bear and my scar to wear. As much as I enjoy all your self righteous indignation at being trolled here, my thread about NOT celebrating has been trolled by your kind as well. I hope y'all can see the irony in that...

I have family that is still in. It still effects me. And, again, self righteous indignation is *your* reading of me, not the actuality of the situation. If you are reading that into my/our posts when it doesn't necessarily exist perhaps you need to look at what about *you* causes you to think that rather than what it is about us. I'm not indignant because I don't feel it's my place to judge you or anyone else. I simply asked questions out of curiosity. And your thread about not celebrating has not been trolled by me. I am only in charge of my own actions and you are only in charge of yours. Whether or not you troll here is on you, not on others who have trolled your thread.

I hope y'all will forgive my cold virus induced grumpiness someday.

So this was all induced by a cold? I have to say, I don't call other people's joy lame when I have a cold, but do what you must. There's nothing to forgive as you are just as entitled to your opinion as I am to mine. It's not my place to determine who is right or wrong. Nor is it even necessary that one of us be wrong. Again, I wanted to understand, nothing more. The judgmentalism you read into it came from you, not me. You need to look inside yourself for that. I would wish you the merriest of Christmases, but I think you would prefer I didn't. Instead I will wish you the best in your future, whatever that may be.

Best,

Jackie

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Vamp:

@palmtree67,

I've spent a lot of time around some poor souls as of late who's families are toxic for them to be around. I fail to see the benefits of them spending the holidays in such a bad situation. Some ppl shouldn't be around their toxic families at any of the time of year. Being around friends can't quite fill that gaping hole where family is supposed to be. The holidays are not always what they're cracked up to be....

The discussion, darling, was NOT about whether it is advisable to spend time with toxic family during the holidays. Not one person, including myself, was preaching any "benefits" to spending time with toxic family.

The discussion centered on people expressing their joy at being able to spend time with their family and you came in and pissed on everyone.

And no one said anything about wanting you "burned at the stake"...??

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

@poopsiecakes,

You expected better of me? Maybe you expect too much...? *I* only expect ppl to be their authentic selves. When I know who a person truly is, I can decide for myself whether their company makes my life better or worse. I'm sorry that you're offended at my failure to see the humour in yours and B's attempts at poetry. I was defending a friend. Capice?

So your idea of 'defending a friend' is to make a condescending and borderline insulting comment to another one? Who you've met in person? Wow...how sad. You'll have a very hard time in life making and keeping friends if that becomes a habit, darlin.

This Berengaria person had better care if he/she/it gets on my bad side. I have a loooooonnnggg memory.

Holding grudges only harms the person holding them...stop hurting yourself, take a deep breath and find something to smile about. And again, I'm not sure how being on your bad side on a message board could have any possible implications to Beregaria's life so do yourself a favor and let it go.
    And I do hope your cold gets better soon.

That's all I have to say on that subject, but I wanted to share that here at work my boss had a full turkey dinner catered for the department yesterday and we all spent the afternoon decorating the office and had a great time - everyone was laughing and enjoying one another's company and a couple of employees from West Africa taught us a song that we all had a hoot learning and singing. Oh and although they're Muslim and don't celebrate Christmas, they loved participating in the decorating and did a fine job with the tree.

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "Seems to me that the lot of you want me burned at the stake again..."

Really, Vamp?? How, within that 'gray matter' rattling around in your skull, does a cyberspace snowball splattered on your screen turn into "burned at the stake..."?????

Persecution complex, much??? That's the old "Jehovah's Witness" personality acting out, again...

Celebrations are the moments of exhilaration upon the cool, clear mountaintops, in an otherwise flat plain of existence. Celebrations have marked significant moments in peoples' lives for tens of thousands of years - quite possibly over one hundred thousand years - and you [and Misery...] naysay all of that collective human history into "momentary delusions"....

I am intrigued by the number of negatives in your post on page 6...

"...want me burned at the stake ... if he/she/it gets on my bad side. I have a loooooonnnggg memory...

I doubt that very many Aussies look that good...

I'll pass on spending time at an Aussie beach ...

What, have you been there??? If not, then YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT!!!

BUT reading between the lines...

So, you think you're a mind reader, now?? You're projecting YOUR thoughts and attitudes upon others, nitwit!! ...

you think that Misery and I OWE you... I don't think we owe you a damn thing...

You expected better of me? Maybe you expect too much... Some ppl shouldn't be around their toxic families at any of the time of year.

[Well, OBviously!!! But, UNfortunately, it's up to THEM to grow a spine and TELL the toxic family that!!!]

Being around friends can't quite fill that gaping hole where family is supposed to be....

With friends like you, I can see why... You'd suck the joy out of ANY gathering or celebration!!! ...

The point is that I'm NOT completly evil even though people often choose to see me as such..."

Do you actually WANT people to perceive you as 665/666% evil??? You're doing a pretty good job of that, so far... Only, it's a really boring kind of evil...

[And, let's start a new section... 'Cause there's so MUCH negativity to quote...]

"Maybe I've fed too much on Misery's negativity but I see where his pain is coming from...;I don't think that I'll ever be completely free of the BOrg as long as I have family that are still in and I can't see them ever leaving...;It's my cross to bear and my scar to wear... I hope y'all will forgive my cold virus induced grumpiness someday...."

I've got a newsflash for you, Bubbah. Your negativity goes far beyond a simple head cold. It's a chronic part of your existence, a black worm that devours the very heart of your life, devours the very existence of JOY itself from your life...

I pity you...

As for this comment:

"As much as I enjoy all your self righteous indignation at being trolled here, my thread about NOT celebrating has been trolled by your kind as well. I hope y'all can see the irony in that..."

Not everyone here "trolled" your thread. You attacked the "innocent" as well as the "guilty". Another example of Jehovah's Witness thought patterns showing through.

I would STRONGLY recommend a GOOD therapist trained in dealing with cult mentalities and effective methods of DEPROGRAMMING them...

Good luck...

Zid

• ziddina
    ziddina

And now, to get this thread back on-topic...

xmas kittens

Let's hope that kittens can save this thread...

• ziddina
    ziddina

5 seconds after this was taken...

cat xmas

cat tree

CRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAASSSHHHH!!!!

• ziddina
    ziddina

cat buttI love this one...

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

I think you need to delete that picture, Misery.

Please.

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

I think you need to delete that picture, Misery.

Please.

I have a half hour to edit a post right? That being so, I think I'll wait a few minutes before I do so.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit