I love Christmas!

by Newborn 125 Replies latest jw friends

• Butterflyleia85
    Butterflyleia85

Well hopefully my hubby won't look at this post then lol but I got him an Amplafire for his guitar so he can start playing. I got my sister in laws buckle accessories... like jewery and stuff. I got their boyfriends a wallet and a button down from buckle too. Their kids toys. And my mother in laws PJs and necklace. I still have more I want to get but that's so far like $300 worth... lol

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

I too love Christmas...

My favorite present I bought so far is tickets for my daughter and her hubby to see Seinfeld..he will be here in January.

Their son is leaving for Madrid in January and I thought they could use a night out together..she is suffering from empty nest syndrome plus getting over Lyme disease.

They love watching Seinfeld so one year I got them half of the videos and the next year the other half..then I skipped a year but I think they will love this! I am including cash so they can eat dinner out. I was going to make reservations but thought I would leave it up to how much energy my daughter has and let them decide where to eat.

One year I gathered all the home photos and split them in four. I made one for each child and one for me. I put them in a fancy photo album so it would be special.

They can add to them but they were pretty full..

I wish I had saved memories of their childhood like their favorite blankets or toys but who would have thought they would have ever graduated high school? They are in their 40's and 50's now.

Just wanted to add that when I went to purchase the tickets I was told they were sold out..well she kept playing with the computer and finally she said "I found two"...I almost cried..finally something went in my favor!

Snoozy..going to purchase the tree tomorrow.. (It's finally on sale)

• Newborn
    Newborn

Snoozy! You were meant to have those Seinfeld tickets! Great idea!!!

I think he's super!

Hug

Newborn

• Newborn
    Newborn

Snoozy! You were meant to have those Seinfeld tickets! Great idea!!!

I think he's super!

Hug

Newborn

• ziddina
    ziddina

Aw, Snoozy, I love the photo albums for each kid idea...

Almost makes me wish I'd had kids.... Waitasec, I HATE dirty diapers...

Phew!! Almost went sentimental there, for a moment...

It took me 5 1/2 hours to put up the outside lights - and should have pix in a week - but it took ANOTHER 3 hours just to make the blasted wreath hanging by my front door!!!

Just when you think a project is going to go smoothly and quickly...

Of course, I had to wander around the neighborhood, nipping a few tips off of the low-growing shrub cover in the suburb... That took some time - there's TONS of the stuff, by the way... It turned out well, though - threw in some stuff I had left over from my "autumn" floral arrangement...

Now, all I have to do is pick up a tree - from the SECOND shipment; I want something cut and shipped in after the first post-Thanksgiving rush... I'm going to try something a little different for keeping the tree fresh, this year - if the weather is warm enough... More later, if it works...

Zid

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

Stupid holiday.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Hah!! MiseryLovesElders, thanks for bumping the thread!!!

If I had time, I'd ask for your mailing address - and a work address would do - get your general 'size', and make a fleece bathrobe for you, just to turn that "Grinchy" frown upside down!!! ...

But ....

I didn't join the "Secret Santa" this year, 'cause I just won't have time - or cash - for any extra presents - I've got to get cracking as it is, 'cause I'm MAKING the presents, this year.

Zid

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

Z, just a thought on that. One of my favorite X mas gifts used to come from my now ex daughter in law (and granddaughter). They would make all kinds of christmas cookies and put them on a plate (Paper) and enclose with colorful saran wrap with a bow on top. The cookies were delicious and I looked forward to them every year. Then my son and her got divorced... I think the divorce was harder on me than it was on them..

Snoozy, who has fond memories of those cookies and my ex daughter in law..

• ziddina
    ziddina

Aw, poor Snoozy!! Wish I had time to bake you some cookies, too!!!

Zid

• tec
    tec

I've got to get cracking as it is, 'cause I'm MAKING the presents, this year.

That sounds awesome. Snoozy, the cookies too. My grandmother or mother would often knit sweaters for us for Christmas... not something a teenage girl wants to wear - but I LOVE it now. I am wearing a big purple sweater from last Christmas right now. Plus, since I left home so young - my grandmother would always mail me baked goods at Christmas - especially shortbread cookies, since they're my favorite.

:) Tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit