I love Christmas!

by Newborn 125 Replies latest jw friends

• Newborn
    Newborn

Gee...I didn't realise this thread got so heated up!

And I agree, those who doesn't like Christmas don't have to post or answer to this at all...you must have better things to do? right?

Misery, I feel sorry for you. Perhaps you haven't experienced a real Christmas?!? But I hope you will someday.

I care for my family and friends all year around!! Not only at Christmas. But it's a special feeling this time of year, can't help it.

We are not here to judge each other. Didn't we get enough of that in the borg??

Newborn

• ziddina
    ziddina

Hi, Newborn!!

I kinda sorta "moved" your thread over to this topic... http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/202766/1/I-love-Christmas-too

With a bit of judicious omissions, of course... (I left out all the "Grinchiness"...)

Hope you like it!!!

Zid

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

I still think its a stupid holiday and the capitalist's wet dream of the bait and switch. However, just as a way of saying peace to those into this holiday, here's a couple pictures. For Ziddina, Palmtree, and Tec. I ain't sayin merry christmas, but if it makes you happy, well then I hope you gals have a good holiday. Enjoy the holiday season.

• tec
    tec

I thought that first pic was fireworks when I first glanced at it. Thank you, Misery.

Now a peace offering from me to both Vamp and Misery, - I do understand that Christmas can be one of the worst times of year for some... those who have lost people, or have no one, or who have no money. I cannot imagine being the parent of a child who cannot get that child a present... how do you explain why Santa doesn't come to them?

I think it is important for those of us who enjoy blessings in family and spirit at Christmas to remember those who have little or even nothing. And many people do... as there are many good things that happen at this time of year, because of the spirit of giving (and yes, they should happen all year round, but at least they are happening at least once). Such as food hampers, and toys for tots, and santa's anonymous, and christmas meals for families in need, etc.

Anyway, carry on... I just wanted to say that I understand both sides of the coin.

Tammy

• ziddina
    ziddina

There you go, Misery...

You're beginning to catch on...

Just to let you know, I was pretty "Grinchy" last year - didn't put up lights, a tree, or anything...

One would think that the time I saved, would have more than made up for the lack of celebration, right??

I found that I really missed the lights, the fragrance of a REAL Xmas tree, and all that stuff - so this year, I'm celebrating even though the entire burden of doing EVERYthing Christmas is upon me...

Besides, I'm more into celebrating the "Winter Solstice", which occurs with a FULL MOON this year - YUMMY!!!!

Zid

• Newborn
    Newborn

I don't mind at all Zid.

thx

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit