Feb. 15 Study WT - More creationism and stupidity - A response

by eric356 109 Replies latest watchtower bible

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits

argh, simon put it all down much better than i did. now i'm really going to bed.

• unshackled
    unshackled

Oh dear...this has been posted before but here's some evidence...

Here are some of the key evidences for evolution…I'll do my best with terminology but I'm still learning:

- DNA and our molecular clock: since our DNA has been handed down from every evolutionary ancestor our genome carries a lot of evolutionary baggage.. The term "junk DNA" has been coined for things that were functioning DNA but at some point in our history, a mutation disbled the gene – whilst leaving behind its remnants as junk DNA.
    Examples are….
    Humans have structures in their genetic make-up that were once used to produces enzymes to process vitamin C.
    Embryos of all humans start to grow gills early in their development. This is also true for all other mammals, birds, reptiles as we share a common ancestry with fish.

- Biogeography: the geographical distribution of animal species around the planet based on tectonic plates and continental drift. We see things such as lemurs (all 37 species) only exist in Madagascar; no monkeys in Madagascar; all 20 species of armadillo exist only in South America.

Geological succession: the time at which species appear in the geological record perfectly matches up with what we would expect to see if evolution were true.

Vestigiality: evidence in our bodies of things left over from our past. Goose bumps, wisdom teeth, the planters muscle, Jacobson's organ are all examples of this. 10% of people are now born without wisdom teeth. Evolution is happening right now and the day will come when no one has wisdom teeth.

My favourite example for debunking the intelligent design babble is the laryngeal nerve. An incredible example evolution that is consistent across all mammals. Rather than try to explain, you gotta check this video out:
    http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xdm5he_richard-dawkins-demonstrates-laryng_tech/

Give The Greatest Show on Earth by Richard Dawkins a read. It does a great job of laying out the clear evidence for evolution across a variety of sciences. Anyone seeking truth should be interested in our real history on this planet. Fascinating stuff.

• believingxjw
    believingxjw

Sab, LOL

Sweet, I respect your beliefs or non-beliefs. I believe in God. I cannot PROVE his existence to you. And you cannot PROVE to me that evolution alone has produced the world we live in. I am open to you doing so.

• unshackled
    unshackled

I'll assume you won't read everything I wrote, so simply watch the video that was filmed live in front of an audience of students, without hollywood CGI effects, of the laryngeal nerve. Then explain why your god couldn't think of better idea for the laryngeal nerve:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xdm5he_richard-dawkins-demonstrates-laryng_tech/

• unshackled
    unshackled

Next up...Paleogeographic views of earth's history provided by Ron Blakey, Professor of Geology, Northern Arizona University.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGcDed4xVD4&feature=player_embedded

This is what biogeography is all about. Already mentioned before but needs to be again. A great example of this is the lemurs in Madagascar - the only place on the planet they exist. Let's consider two explanations of this...

1) If evolution were true, this is EXACTLY what you would expect to see. Madagascar wasn't always an island, but it did become one millions of years ago. Not only an island in a geographic sense, but it also could be considered an "island" when it comes to the gene pool. Lemurs evolved over millions of years, cut off in its own gene pool island, from a common shared ancestor of modern monkeys. Hence we have lemurs and are unique ONLY to Madagascar and no where else on the planet.

2) If the bible were true, there was a global flood sometime in the past 10,000 years. We know for a fact that Madagascar has been an island for millions of years. So how did lemurs end up ONLY in Madagascar? When Noah's ark finally settled somewhere (say Mt. Ararat) and all the animals dispersed - how did the lemurs even get to the island of Madagascar? Did every single one of them hike (and swim apparently) directly to Madagascar without one being left behind? Did god give them a map and direct orders to get thee to Madagascar pronto? The same questions apply to kangaroos in Australia, kakapo parrot only in New Zealand or even no native land mammals at all in New Zealand. These are just a few examples but there are thousands like this on our planet.

• believingxjw
    believingxjw

Unshackled,

Do you believe evolutionary scientists are incapable of error? I myself don't believe Christians are incapable of error. No one is.

• whereami
    whereami

Here's your proof DAMN IT!!!!!

This is all the proof you'll ever need.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHex9GDQ2S0

• cheerios
    cheerios

is there a point to this thread? :(

• unshackled
    unshackled

believingexjw, You are clearly avoiding a discussion involving physical, real world evidence. You're spewing straw man arguments that try to deflect attention from tangible facts, many of which you've been presented with on this thread. Check them out. Live long (naturally) and prosper.

• DagothUr
    DagothUr

Evolution is true. Creationism is not. This is all the prove you all need. Greetings from Jay Hoover.

Your loving brother, Ted Jaracz.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit