Generation Teaching - Everyone is speechless?

by Red Piller 443 Replies latest jw friends

• The Finger
    The Finger

"I become defensive "

Eggnog the only reason you become defensive is because you went against the counsel of those who were taking the lead if you went on in further education.

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa
    djeggnog said: However, Bible prophecies are from God, while the interpretations of Jehovah's Witnesses are our own based upon what the spirit says in God's word. Anyone that doesn't understands the difference between a Bible prophecy and an interpretation, anyone that doesn't appreciate how the spirit guides our understanding of Bible prophecy, that is, through what things the Bible says, would be in darkness on this issue. I can assure you that I am not in darkness.

“What is here meant by the word ‘inspired’? It means that God, the Creator of heaven and earth, moved these men by his spirit or invisible empowering force, putting into their minds what they should write down as his ‘word,’ or message, for mankind.” Good News, 1976, p. 14

“The Source of all true prophecy is Jehovah God. He transmits it by means of his holy spirit or, occasionally, by spirit-directed angelic messengers.”Insight on the Scriptures, vol. 2, 1988, p. 691

“Consider, too, the fact that Jehovah’s organization alone, in all the earth, is directed by God’s holy spirit or active force.... That same holy spirit and angelic direction still affect the preaching activities of Christian ministers.” The Watchtower, July 1, 1973, pp. 402, 405

“These angels are invisible to human eyes and are there to carry out the orders of the Lord. Not doubt they first hear the instruction which the Lord issues to his remnant and then these invisible messengers pass such instruction on to the remnant. The facts show that the angels of the Lord with him at his temple have been thus rendering service unto the remnant since 1919.” Vindication III, 1932, p. 250

“There Ezekiel is definitely told that he is henceforth to serve as a prophet. He is commissioned to speak in the divine name.... He was thus, in an outstanding way, made a witness of Jehovah. Not alone were the inspired words of Ezekiel prophetic, but he himself was a prophetic figure in his action....Who is Ezekiel’s present-day counterpart, whose message and conduct correspond with that of that ancient prophet of Jehovah?… So it is with the modern-day counterpart of Ezekiel: it is, not one person’s body, but a composite body, made up of many members.... were commissioned to serve as the mouthpiece and active agent of Jehovah....Why, though, are all these facts of history brought to our attention? It is to show the fulfillment of prophecy. Jehovah has found and commissioned his modern-day ‘Ezekiel.’—“The Nations Shall Know THAT I AM JEHOVAH —How?”, 1971, pp. 56, 58-59, 66

“The scroll was doubtless delivered to Ezekiel by the hand of one of the cherubs in the vision. This would indicate that Jehovah’s witnesses today make their declaration of the good news of the Kingdom under angelic direction and support. (Rev. 14:6,7; Matt. 25:31, 32) And since no word or work of Jehovah can fail, for he is God Almighty, the nations will see the fulfillment of what these witnesses say as directed from heaven. Yes, the time must come shortly that the nations will have to know that really a ‘prophet’ of Jehovah was among them.” The Watchtower, April 1, 1972, p. 200

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Another additional item to add to djeggnog's many disillusions ......

7. unlike the majority of JWS who now live impoverished and unable to afford proper medical care, own a car,

fly around the world to distant parts giving talks and having their asses kissed by other exploited, coerced disillusioned people.

The members of the GB have all the privileges and more added to the list and they know what exactly what they have to do to keep

these individualistic desires. They have to continually lie to the public by selling themselves as god's specially chosen ones.

In short religion is a game of money and power in its many different and occuring appearances.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

The WTS/JWS religion was developed out certain men's individual desires to grab the publics attention as well as to cultivate attention to the WTS's

literature as an effort to increase the publishing company's circulation.

With that in the works, a level of power was created toward these men heightening their own personal stature of themseves.

We recognise these individuals today as being psychopaths for what they have done and what they are doing today, rightly so.

In reality every Christian based faith created postulates that their faith is the correct one, the correct bible understanding and so forth,

the only difference in regards to the JWs is that they do it in print.

Could you describe them as fear mongering psychopaths out to make their organization expand and prosper,

cultivating more power and control over a broader segment of the population ..........absolutely

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Could the former understanding of the "1914 Generation" be expressed any more dogmatically than it is here?

*** g68 10/8 pp. 14, 23-24 'Lift Up Your Head' in Confident Hope ***

Even if we presume that youngsters 15 years of age would be perceptive enough to realize the import of what happened in 1914, it would still make the youngest of "this generation" nearly 70 years old today. So the great majority of the generation to which Jesus was referring has already passed away in death. The remaining ones are approaching old age. And remember, Jesus said that the end of this wicked world would come before that generation passed away in death. This, of itself, tells us that the years left before the foretold end comes cannot be many....Still some persons may say: "How can you be sure? Maybe it is later than many people think. But maybe it is not as late as some persons claim. People have been mistaken about these prophecies before."
    The Difference

True, there have been those in times past who predicted an "end to the world," even announcing a specific date. Some have gathered groups of people with them and fled to the hills or withdrawn into their houses waiting for the end. Yet, nothing happened. The "end" did not come. They were guilty of false prophesying. Why? What was missing? Missing was the full measure of evidence required in fulfillment of Bible prophecy. Missing from such people were God's truths and the evidence that he was guiding and using them. But what about today? Today we have the evidence required, all of it. And it is overwhelming! All the many, many parts of the great sign of the "last days" are here, together with verifying Bible chronology...

Would you still doubt if someone told you that winter was coming very soon? Would you say that he was just guessing or merely expressing his own idea? Or would you acknowledge, on the basis of solid evidence, that he knew the facts and was telling you the truth?... As recorded at Matthew 24:33, 34, he [Jesus] added: "Likewise also you, when you see all these things, know that he is near at the doors. Truly I saw to you that this generation will by no means pass away until all these things occur." We today have all the many parts of that sign, nearly forty of them, being fulfilled within the same generation, and we have God's timetable, his "calendar," showing that the time has nearly run out for the present unrighteous system of things. This is very different indeed from the situation with those who proclaimed an "end to the world" in earlier generations.

• Ding
    Ding

When they were hyping 1975, they stressed how short the time was and they had ALL the evidence required.

Let's rewrite that first sentence with information updated to 2010:

"Even if we presume that youngsters 15 years of age would be perceptive enough to realize the import of what happened in 1914, it would still make the youngest of "this generation" nearly 111 years old today."

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

The biggest most precognitive of all the proclaimed doctrines by the WTS/JWS would have to be

(this generation and following generations)

invisible return of Christ and his choosing of their organization as his earthly representative.

Quite the self supporting propaganda for a religion to take on in creating devoted followers but since you own a printing plant

putting that the front cover of their magazines, goes a long way. Retrospectively looking back at all of the WTS proclamations back

to Russell's time were disingenuously corrupt manipulations and exploitations. Sadly the overwhelming aspect of this corrpt endeavor

resulted in many people sacrificing themselves ( literaly) including distroying many families all to this inherent orchestrated corruption.

And not a cent in taxes......religion can be so discusting at times can it not ? djeggnog

Did Russel expect his little religious publishing house to go as far as it did, not apparently for he himself wished after he died that the

WTS. would stop publishing anything further. Unfortunately a corrupt lawyer grasped control of the publishing house and used it for the better

of himself and the rest is history.

• TD
    TD

Leolaia,

I must've missed your reference to Van Goudoever; do you have a reference? I have an article by Van Goudoever in the 1993 Leuven volume on Daniel and he is strictly talking about the so-called Zadokite calendar, i.e. the same sabbatical schematic calendar I have been talking about in this thread, not some imagined "prophetic year" that compromises between true lunar and solar years. I would be shocked if Van Goudoever used the expression "prophetic year" which imo betrays an ignorance of the kinds of calendars the ancient Jews used.

You didn't miss it. I did not mention Van Goudoever or his quotation in the si book previously. The publication was his book entitled Biblical Calendars and the complete quote in context is below (Third paragraph)

As you can see, he did not use the expression "Prophetic year" at all.

Not to be pedantic, but there was not a single "Jewish calendar" and it was the sabbatical calendar that incorporated a 360-day year and it was also compatible with the lunisolar calendar, as there are documents at Qumran and earlier in the Book of Luminaries that endeavor to synchronize the two calendars.

You're quite right. My friend on this thread has based his analysis on the post-Talmudic calender and my comments have been strictly in reference to that. This is familiar territory for me because (a.) I'm Jewish and (b.) I've developed calendaring scripts professionally. I'm honestly not qualified to discuss it outside of that scope, so your observations are (as always ) welcome

• wasblind
    wasblind

*** g68 10/8 pp. 14, 23-24 'Lift Up Your Head' in Confident Hope ***

Oh leolaia,

what a great find, on page 239 in the Reasoning book they state the generation alive in 1914 is well along in years, the time remaining must be very short.

and on page 242 in the reply it tells why they know it's not gonna be another generation to see the end, but only that one

• moshe
    moshe

Jgnat said-

It is too wishy-washy and open. The hoped-for paradise is now hopelessly extended in the future. Convenient for leadership, but horribly deflating for the average believer.

Yes, I agree. The JWs will suffer a delayed depression from this new teaching- retirement is fast approaching and many JWs haven't squirreled away any nuts for their golden years. The paradise new world is not going to rescue a lifetime of "No Planning/saving". The future is bleak.

-

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit