Watch the complete fragmentation of the Watchtower begin

by Dogpatch 125 Replies latest jw friends

• dozy
    dozy

Much as I would love the whole WTBTS edifice to come tumbling down , I just don’t see it (barring some completely unexpected event like a major schism or financial or sex scandal involving higher ups in Brooklyn.)

Comparisons with the WCG are somewhat misleading as that religion basically fragmented following Armstrong’s death. The WTBTS managed the transition from a single charismatic leader to a committee without too much blood , successfully managing to suppress dissent in the late 70’s. Unlike the leadership of the WCG the WTBTS would never apologise or admit any fault.

The vast majority of JWs in the West are 2 nd / 3 rd or even 4 th generation and it is basically a glorified social club for them with a huge web of supportive connections through friends & family. Few have any interest in doctrine or any interest in the history of the WTBTS , other than what they are spoon fed via the DVDs. The WTBTS have cleverly engineered something of a “broad church” where it is possible to stay quite happily a JW despite missing most meetings and engaging in token ministry. The “world” has been criticised to the extent that while most JWs are pretty bored with their lot , “there isn’t anywhere else to go” and with the ban on “independent thinking” & denial of further education most are dumbed down so much that they lack the capability to research or think out of the box in any way. The WTBTS has successfully created a “Stepford Society” of bored drones.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

The WTBTS have cleverly engineered something of a “broad church” where it is possible to stay quite happily a JW despite missing most meetings and engaging in token ministry.

I would have agreed before, but look at this from the new elder's manual:

Responsibilities of Group Overseer.

Takes an active interest in the spirituality of each person in the field service group. Takes note of who is missing during congregation rneetings, seeks to determine the reason/and provides needed assistance. Along with
    his assistant (or another elder or qualified ministerial servant), periodically arranges to visit all in his group to provide encouragement and counsel, concentrating on those who are weak, irregular in meeting attendance or field activity, ill, depressed, or inactive.

• Desilusionnee
    Desilusionnee

Thank you Randy!

Desi

• sacolton
    sacolton

Watchtower going down

Down Down Down

Watchtower going down

Down Down Down

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

huge news Randy enjoyed those experiences.

• life is to short
    life is to short

Sorry to interupt but I was wondering if the JWs fortell a falling away of christians in the very last days leading up to Armageddon or an increase?

Listener just wrote this and I was wondering if that is what some of the stronger JW's are thinking only because that is what my husband has been telling me lately. He keeps saying in the last days there will be an apostasy in the true religion of Jehovah and so all this that is happening to him makes him stronger so he says then he goes back to saying a lot of elders are really hurting people and he knows the pain I have been in. Frustrating to talk to him.

Hadit

I think your idea is great, I wish Randy would commit on his thoughts about you doing it, I think Randy has a good handle on everything.

LITS

• onemore
    onemore

Religions don’t die, they get killed ”.

The JWs are in a divided house. Things are different from what they were in the late 70’s early 80’s. We now have the internet. What used to be “confidential information” in those days, about the Org and its dealing, is now easily available by a few clicks.

The ramifications of the eminent fragmentation will be disastrous to some. And it is not our responsibility to shelter those that will be negatively affected by the WT’s unity crisis; but it is the moral duty of some of us, to provide assistance to those that we care about and are close to.

Things are different now from what they were in the 80’s and 95 (after the change on the “This Generation” teaching). We now have online Social Networks, Ex-JW websites, and many Forums such as this, which could provide the foundation to advertise cell groups willing to provide emotional and spiritual support to those leaving the Org.

Many are discouraged to seek and provide spiritual orientation to departing Witnesses, but at the risk of being accused of promoting another “cult”, I’m a proponent of establishing home bible study groups aimed to providing Christian fellowship to those JW that still want to be religious, but are shy of joining another denomination.

Again, things are different now…the stage is set for a major crisis within the Watchtower Organization and this time, I doubt the WT corp will come out victorious. They won’t go away, but it will never be the same organization….ever.

P.S. I’m willing to provide monetary support to any group of active or former JW that is willing to do a campaign similar to the one being done in Brazil. I pledge $1,000 USD right now.

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

I agree with Dozy. I just don't see it going down anytime soon.

Different? yes. They're quite willing to make changes they deem necessary to long term survival although I think they really don't understand the underlying problems to make the correct choices.

Smaller? yes. In my opinion, they're close if not already at their peak in terms of worldwide numbers. Growth in 1st world countries are stagant or are coming from immigrant groups providing short term bursts. While that lack of growth is being replaced at the moment with 3rd world countries numbers, that too is not sustainable.

I would say the odds of a WWCG meltdown are low and I see them drifting slowing along for the forseeable future. I surely won't see them end in my lifetime.

• sacolton
    sacolton

If they sell off too many of the KH and try to merge into one that is too far away for most to travel or just inconvenient ... many will start to fade. They re-assigned alot of people from my old congregation to one that was almost 45 minutes away. That wasn't going to fly for most of them.

• serein
    serein

bad happens in all religions theres secrets in all ov em and alot disfelowship just the same,

i can remember some years back someone saying dont listen to apostates and i said what are apostates and they said people who go against jehovah and preach false truths to turn us away from him,

i said why are u saying this and they said there was a woman in my area doing this,

i said why, they said cos she dont beleive the truth,and the devils using her to entrap his sheep,

at the time i beleived them,and this is some years back so they been telling us to not listen for a long time, and this woman used to be a wit aparently to,

as for the elders book regarding the blood transfusion,well i had one a few years back and no ones said anything to me

well i havnt been in like a year but i told em when an elder came and he came back anotherday telling me its ok and lets forget it so how is that,

he dint say come back and then wel have a meeting to talk about ur possition or tell me off or anything i just keep geting called apon to come back everyone misses me and that all is forgoten,

so is he lieing and am i going to get jumped on asoon as i start going back,

im not going to start going back im just saying that as if i did,cos why all the softy soft aproach to me ,

coming to the door all time begging me to come back and forget the past if realy they gona diss me or somat,is it that they may be unbeknown to others who dont know my sit or any others whos done the same may be geting let off with the blood now,

how come no ones said nothing to me at all, i even said id do it again, and i think its wrong, so whats the bro doing saying forget it come back alls forgoten then,

if the elders book is saying another thing in it

is it cos they want me to keep my mouth shut not tell anyone i duno

i havnt told anyone cos no ones talked to me from hall realy, i havnt been ,

also listener said there will be a falling away and it does say that in bible but i think its from beleiving in god not from falling away from a religion.

dint jesus say somat liek neither being hot or else cold or sumthing like , i think he means what ever ur doing either way do it for him fully not by halfs cant be just warm,so i think it means if u arnt folowing that religion it dont matter aslong as u still beleive whole hearted in him he dont care either way how u doing it aslong as its all for him what ur doing, some one can correct me i know u will.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit