Watch the complete fragmentation of the Watchtower begin

by Dogpatch 125 Replies latest jw friends

• Ding
    Ding

The WTBTS' problem now is that they've redefined "generation" so that Armageddon may be delayed beyond current lifetimes.

I wouldn't be surprised if they start hyping another date maybe 10-20 years away.

Granted, with all of us out here and with internet availability, they won't be able to get away with it as easily as they have before.

However, although they lost a lot of people after the other failed dates, they also gained a whole group of new converts and kept the whole thing going.

Most potential converts know nothing about WT history or "apostate websites", and if they are like us they won't do a lot of investigating before buying into the WT religion.

Let a few terrorist attacks succeed or a big Iran-Israel war take place, and the Armageddon hyping will be back in business.

Randy, if you've got some good reasons for optimism about cracks in the Tower, please let us in on it.

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

watchtower.org is for sale on godaddy.com ... i guess the end did come

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

Sorry folks... Yes I went to bed at my usual 3AM and have been editing this review of the flock book. But there is more to come from "Gabriel Michaels." This is not directly related to the headline above so much as the other letters/emails on branch office closings,, etc., which have been on the board, mostly.

http://www.freeminds.org/organization/governing-body/the-watchtower-s-shocking-2010-elders-manual.html

Randy

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I want to know how the elder's manual supports the "complete fragmentation of the Watchtower"? Can you summarize it for those of us who can't read the manual?

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

Nice work Randy.

I have read the whole manual and gain the impression that there is emphasis on elders being legally correct in the actions they take against disgruntled members.

The focus is on dealing with the number of people leaving the organisation and controlling the information they take with them and publicise. The term 'enemies from with in' come to mind. The Watchtower society is simply reaping what it has sown.

• metatron
    metatron

I think there is more to this branch closing thing than meets the eye. Keep in mind that this is little better than commanding a suicide mission. They are telling the most loyal longterm Witnesses they have to go f**k themselves. Shut it down, sell it off, send the money, go to hell.

The 'worship the Governing Body' Watchtowers may relate to this.

metatron

• Farkel
    Farkel

:I have read the whole manual and gain the impression that there is emphasis on elders being legally correct in the actions they take against disgruntled members.

If that is true, then it implies that the Corporation is afraid their long-term claims of "ecclesiastical privilege" are on shaky grounds.

Farkel

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

My oh my, the California Supreme Court has put the fear of Jehovah into Bethel's legal department! They will figure a way around it, and this is the first attempt. A "dont ask, dont' give details, and don't speak direclty of the sexual abuser"... the Goal is to protect Jehovah (i.e. .to protect the Society and the Pedophile)....and, sadly, not to protect the victim.

• pirata
    pirata

Are you trying to give Fred Franz competition?

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

Sorry guys I was not aware of all the expectation - it wasn't meant as a tease, really. I just have to collect it all together.

The elder's manual is not such a big deal in itself - but the note about sisters not touching it is.

The main issue is a smoldering anger over being treated like small children by an overbearing, selfish, unloving father.

There are the numerous closings of branch offfices and the local JWs aren't happy at all. And JWs will talk to each other if they can trust each other not to fink on them. A little gossip goes a long way. Why is the Watchtower so afraid of Facebook and Twitter? And of JWs discovering websites ABOUT them?

JWs are tired of traveling to meetings and door-to-door where they are mocked more and more since there are less Christians who will be nice to them and try to convert them; but instead they face angry, agnostic people that hate to be bothered by geeks peddling an old, embarrassing religion that has been harping Armageddon!! for over 130 years.

For the first time in a long time, smart elders are anticipating the incapability of the BORG to control its members, especially outside the country.The WT is even telling the elders to stick to their talk scripts without exception, NO PRIVATE COMMENTS from the podium.

In many countries, the shunning issues are becoming an insult and a family embarassment as the world becomes more integrated electronically. You can't tell people in family-oriented countries not to talk to their own mother, brother or sister without being vilified by your own family for such indecency. Many cultures consider the practice of shunning anathema and now that their fellow countrymen are learning just what JWS do to families, many are spreading the word all over, even on park benches!

MANY people would leave their religions (like Scientology, JWS, Moonies, etc.) if they could just listen to the other side. They are no longer afraid of the boogeymen in Brooklyn, but see them slipping in power. They are afraid. In all forms of media they are hitting hard against the internet and further education. In the U.S. we take it for granted, but many cultures are getting on the Net and seeing the thousands of Youtube messages about the organization.

It is extremely embarrassing to the average JW to know that others can get their books and private information before they do, and mock them with it.

Cults HATE parody as it erodes their most treasured asset, the appearance of POWER.

Like everyone else selling books in this new digital age, a massive printing corporation is finding out that one of their biggest cash cows has dried up forever. Sure, they can survive a few years with all the millions (that's why they need more lawsuits against them on legitimate issues). But they have NO NEW WAY to finance themselves. They are all huddling together in upstate New York, attempting to isolate themselves from a changing world.

The den of chatter among higher-ups in the Borg is getting more disgusted with the current leadership. They don't even know whose pulling all these stupid moves; the days of Rutherford and Knorr and Franz are over, so they have no one to look up to. It is a GHOST SHIP.

WHO IS IN CHARGE?

drifting

retreating,

holing up for a REALLY LONG WINTER ahead.

THIS is when the predator strikes.

That is what they THOUGHT was happening in 1979 with the Franz incident, but they were wrong. No one was out to take over or even control parts or all of the Watchtower then... but NOW this WILL happen.

Why? because the organization wasn't so unpleasant and cold back then, we Bethelites had fun and relative freedom, and could talk about secret "issues." The Watchtower was VERY STUPID in not addressing that incident with kindness and humility, instead of the harsh way they decided they were going to treat everyone. You don't beat a dog with a bat and expect the others watching not to be enraged. That rage surfaces at times like these. The other dogs will come in the night and burn your house down with extreme prejudice in revenge for the way they were treated. That is happening right now with Scientology.

When a pattern of boldness and defiance is seen in many parts of the world, as is happening now due to WT's gross stupidity, it emboldens others to do the same. They are not afraid to dream of a better New World Order. They will have nothing to lose because they are no longer afraid of shunning or being bullied about; and the "apostate" label is becoming comical.

Also, once a cult is embarrassed in the media, the victims lose their fear of disfellowshipping. The leaders are seen as toothless lions from another era, the 19th century carnival cult complete with its rules on head coverings, women not being allowed to even touch a book, how to act at assemblies, how much each one needs to give, how higher education is evil, two-witnesses-required-to-act-against-pedophiles, and walking around the country looking like a laughing stock with their 6th grade level magazines (with questions and answers, no less! Well, at least in the "publishers-only versions!)

The Watchtower has reached the peak of it's uphill rise to power, has hobbled at the top for awhile, and now is slowly starting to roll downhill and this will soon pick up amazing speed. When it hits bottom it implodes.

How do I know? It's all HUMAN NATURE. All you have to do is study sociology and anthropology. The patterns point to this conclusion.

The first real clue was the rise to power of Jaracz, the one Knorr brought in from another country and left as revenge to the other GB members; it was Knorr's intent to make Jaracz the main power behind the iron hand of Mother. Knorr wanted to take the house down with him. He set the timed explosives on purpose, because the organization and his own peers were going to go on without him. How DARE they suggest a Governing Body?? Well, he sure taught them this time!

Religious organizations ALL have lifecycles. As they see the end of their cycle approaching, the members look for ways to jump ship.

Sincere elders and a few charismatic power-hungry elders will start being more openly bold and using their newly-declared "anointed" powers to develop a following.

This became very plain to me when the teaching on the doors to being anointed were opened again - the idea was to see them as powerless and not to be listened to. Only the Governing Body was Jehovah's representative; not the "anointed." The GB's methodology is so predictable you can see it a mile away. They learned it from Rutherford and Knorr. Pave the way scripturally to kill off your rivals that you know are coming soon. Most of the big changes they are making is preparation for battle over control... of the organization.

Sects of the WT cult are increasing in other lands as people need an organization to meet their needs for friendship, extended family, protection, and something more "intelligent" to offer than the local churches.

(more later)

Randy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit