Watch the complete fragmentation of the Watchtower begin

by Dogpatch 125 Replies latest jw friends

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

Mad Sweeney ... I stand corrected, you are right about the greater number, however, I have often used it personally as an alternative to explain why so many seem to leave The Truth tm or cool down.

I can see this scripture easily being used this way as New Light tm .

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Jehovah..Jehovah..Calling Jehovah..Hello Jehovah!..Jehovah are you there?..

The Good Ship Watchtower has just hit Apostate Rock..It`s sinking..

The WBT$ GB are all Dead..

I think I can Save a few Elders Manuels..

Jehovah..Jehovah..Calling Jehovah..Hello Jehovah!..Jehovah are you There?..

http://images.clipartof.com/small/84373-Royalty-Free-RF-Clipart-Illustration-Of-A-Black-And-White-Sketch-Of-A-Businessman-On-A-Phone-By-A-Sinking-Ship.jpg

....................... ...OUTLAW

• belbab
    belbab

Outlaw,

Your comparson of the WT to a big ship brings up to my mind something a I read years ago.

Edgar Cayce was known as the sleeping prophet, because he brought up messages while in a trance /sleeping state.

Back just before 1925, someone asked him a question that I assumed came from someone acquainted with the teachings of Rutherford at that time. Their question was, what about 1925, will anything happen then?

Cayce's reply back then, (from memory) was that the promoters of this 1925 prediction was like a big ocean liner that was shipwrecked on a big rock, it was not going anywhere.

I have tried to locate that account, but it was in a big fat book, and I was never able to find it again. I should get the book from the public library again and do a page by page search for it.

belbab

• nelly136
  • I quit!
    I quit!

I'm glad I waited till now to read this post or I would have had no idea what it was about. Thanks for the positive info Randy. I really don't see how the WT will survive in tact. There are too many things coming at them all at once and they have been too slow, stupid, stubborn and vindicive to make the right changes. I hope it go down screaming. However individual witnesses are a different matter. We need to be there for them.

• Ding
    Ding

I hope Randy is right, but the WT mind control is awfully strong.

Just read the posts of WT apologists on this forum.

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

I hope as much as anyone here that wts drops off the cliff but I doubt it. The new Flock book isn't that much different from the old flock book. Both books are secret and are available on internet.

I can see them changing dates. 1914 has to go, sooner or later it is a thorn in their side and they will have to get rid of it. No more dates just vague repetition of the end being near. Without 1914, wts wreck can continue on for a longtime without sinking.

They can always throw in the guilt trip that "we aren't serving God for a date and that's how we differ from all other so called Christian religions". blah blah blah..... They will have to take a risk or loosing some members but the wts will continue on and they will continue to change doctrine as needed. Right now the global slowdown, global recession is playing in their favor and as the times become more uncertain it goes well for them. Fear is always a good incentive to stay close to God.

There were groups and congregations in the past that left wts and it may shake things up in that area but wts didn't blink and they continued on. Indoctrination that apostates are evil is a wonderful think on their part as majority of believers stay away from research out of fear that the boogieman devil will get them and there is also the fear of being DF and shunned.

We can hope that wts fragments but I wouldn't hold my breath.

• Gayle
    Gayle

YouTube illustration of the WTS "glacial fragmentation":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbQjukRmLSg

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

The Borganization as we know it will end when the GB begins to believe their own hype and refuses to acknowledge the authority of the corporations and attorneys. At some point the company will realize that they're hemmoraging cash hand over fist and will promote major reforms to stop the bleeding. The Governing Body will refuse measures that liberalize the Borg and therefore weaken their authority and at that point the schism begins.

Pragmatic ones within the hierarchy will support the corporation. True believers will support the GB and their arcane doctrines.

How will it end? Probably with a more mainstream millennial religion seeing relative success for the rest of the century and a small die-hard cult withering and dwindling as time goes on.

I'd love to see a schism like this.

• tresdecu
    tresdecu

Great Thread! I am optimistic and hopeful, but also realistic and doubtful at the same time. It would be great to see it fall apart like the glacier above. Thanks for the info.

I liked what dozy said, it is on the money:

"Few have any interest in doctrine or any interest in the history of the WTBTS , other than what they are spoon fed via the DVDs. The WTBTS have cleverly engineered something of a “broad church” where it is possible to stay quite happily a JW despite missing most meetings and engaging in token ministry."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit