Watch the complete fragmentation of the Watchtower begin

by Dogpatch 125 Replies latest jw friends

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

hi wasblind, sorry I haven't yet caught up with this whole thread but I don't know what you mean.

BTW, I am not predicting the utter destruction of the Watchtower... that ain't gonna happen. Complete fragmentation in my mind means it exists in pieces that thrive as individual sects of the main organization, but most llikely hate each other as apostates. :-))

Randy

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Randy: "United we stand, divided we fall."

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    [Hi, FlyingHighNow!! (waves!!) ]

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

The Youtube video posted earlier was a classic example - it takes a while but the entire thing is gone in time. What idiot in the future would believe such crap in 50 years?

There will be better and more sophisticated crappy religions.

Dogz

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

Fragmentation of the Watchtower?

Geez, I'm goin' for popcorn. Can't miss this!

ESTEE

• Gayle
    Gayle

it exists in pieces that thrive as individual sects of the main organization

I cannot really picture in my mind how there would be a workability of "individual sects of the main organization" (WTS)? The congregations would not really have that imposed "unity" toward any other leadership. Very few would continue any kind of door-to-door work, that would die out so quickly. They don't have anyone to give that kind of obedience locally, not their elders. The elders and most circuit overseer don't even claim a heavenly connection so how would anyone respect them to be their leader. Then, if they have to start to decide for themselves, then, they become like us, independent. Most the younger people would go to college, most would love their newfound freedom. The young families would soon be celebrating the birthdays of their children. Most would evolve to some degree of holidays. They will have to figure out how to live today. Some won't, they'll just live depressed lives. But most, the young people will move on quickly, their parents will need them more than ever and will grow and move on perhaps more slowly. The very old folks, without children, or true friends, and no funds for older years,, well,,that will be very sad and a lesson for others to learn from.

The WTS is such a dead, boring religion, archaic, dull meetings, very dull lifeless songs, so behind times socially, so unrealistic for young people, so burdensome on family life, so demeaning to female capabilities and recognition, so suppressing for all the real intellectual information of so much. Could there be a .. a . . . "Reorganized Jehovah's Witnesses," "Second-Day Jehovah's Witnesses,"Reformed Jehovah's Witnesses" "Independent Jehovah's Witnesses," "Grace Jehovah's Witnesses. Sorry, couldn't help it.

I really don't think they can even in small groups, there's no creativity any more. They have deadened good ideas for so long, their creativity is dead/shot. It is obvious, the Governing Body can't come up with any good ideas, like look what they've done recently about the "generation." That's pretty bad!

• designs
    designs

Gayle-

This is mostly how the Bible Student groups exist, and it could very well happen to the Watchtower. The largest dissident group is in eastern Europe who follow only Rutherford's writings.

The Presbyterian Church in town opened a Food Bank, so even the most boring churches can do some good in their communities.

As for lacking good ideas, why can't the Society turn their closed Bethel homes into Senior Living homes or other useful housing. Is it all or nothing with these guys?

• Mattieu
    Mattieu

Thx Randy a lot of valuable links. Just listened to the Sam "he who must be" Herd talk, lmao, loved his weeping voice over Babylon, rest of it drove me to Love he how he applies certain prophecies.......

• darthfader
    darthfader

Based on over 50 years of entrenched dogma, the preaching work has been pushed over the top of anything else that could be considered "witnessing". Maybe they'll hae some new light that says that the "preaching work" really means a more "generic witnessing" which could include the creation of food banks and other "showy signs of effection"...

• streets76
    streets76

The largest dissident group is in eastern Europe who follow only Rutherford's writings.

They must really be a progressive and enlightened bunch.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit