Are you afraid of the Ouija board still?

by cyberjesus 193 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident
    The board said that the second oldest boy would marry a girl by the name of L. which came true, even though, at that time, he didn't know anyone with that name.

Power of suggestion? Self-fulfilling prophecy? In his subconscious, he always carried that name in his memory since that incident and when he met a woman with that name he asked her to marry him. Belief is a powerful predictor of behaviour.

Tec: You were alone in the second incident, but you still had your hand on the planchette. Did you watch the video posted on the ideomotor effect? It is a well proven and well documented behavioural phenomenon.

The first incident I have no explanation for, but it wasn't a very compelling witness. You admit your memory is sketchy. You admit you had a very active imagination and worked up the fear (and expectation?) within yourself. Please don't take that as a criticism of your story or you. I intend it only as a more plausible liklihood.

I had an active imagination as a child too. I could have swore the eyes in this creepy painting were moving and following me every time I babysat at this one house. Now, I'm 100% sure I imagined the entire thing. I imagined demons around every corner as a child. I was terrified of ouija boards too, because I was conditioned to be terrified of them. Now, I would have no problem having a piece of painted wood in my house. If demons really wanted to contact me, they could just talk to me outright. Why would they need to spell things out on a painted wooden board?

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

Ok im having a ouija board party, some one please send me one or I will buy one. I am gonna record it and post it.... if I never come back please take care of my children, who knows where they are..... anyway, If anyone wants to come just let me know. next week in cali.

lets get this demons down.

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

No, I'm not afraid of them in anyway. Demons, ghost, satan they are all made up horse shit so no, no fear at all. But then I'm not a $#%ing tard either so...

• Violia
    Violia

SBC

yes and No. I do believe there is a unseen spirit realm and I'd like to think we could contact them but I am not sure . I've known folks who said they could but you can't prove that. I first got into tarot about 5 years ago. I have a lot of books on the occult, including one that I plan on reading soon called " I Lucifer" ( finally the other side of the story from the prince of darkness :)) . I have had some experiences that would qualify as paranormal but only a few that I honestly feel could not be explained by other things. I guess what I have could be similar to the movie "The Gift:" I don't get all excited about this as it means very little in my day to day life. I use the cards for myself for personal development . So Yes I believe but dont believe all the hype.

If CJ could contact Russell and tell him what his stupid religious musings have done to eveyrone, that would be great. :)

• tec
    tec

Okay. I watched the video. I liked the experiment and the findings. You know, I've never told that ouija board story to anyone before. I feel better about it now.

Tammy

• streets76
    streets76

Thinking that demons speak to use through the Ouija board is as stupid as thinking that god speaks to us through the bible.

(I haven't read all the comments in this thread, so forgive me if someone has already made this obvious point.)

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits

^ Don't know that I'd be that harsh but I do think that faith in a personal god and belief in demonic activity have the same results: belief, in both cases, makes the beings and interactions real for the believer.

The less folks seem to believe in a supernatural realm, the less problems they seem to have with demons. How many skeptics have been attacked by demons?

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

I would not recommend using the Ouija board.

Holy angels would never use such a device to communicate with mankind, they are strictly messengers only - that leaves the lower order of fallen angels to answer your questions.

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits

^ What if I don't believe in holy or fallen angels? What will they do then?

If a true skeptic, a scientist, gets his mitts on an Ouija board and nothing supernatural happens.... does that mean he got a dud? Like the gateway is broken or what?

• CandleLight
    CandleLight

I used to be terrified of them, Jw are pretty good at making demons sound pretty powerful.

I am not afraid of them at all now. I also have no interest what so ever in using one.

Those who use one to see if perhaps 'demons' are real, want some sort of sign that they are out there, or believe they have some secret knowledge for them. Sometimes these spirits are happy to provide one. But they aren't your friends and can't be trusted.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit