Our Independence Day - Getting Disfellowshipped Tonight!

by SweetBabyCheezits 106 Replies latest watchtower bible

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits

Dan, I wish I had the ballz to do that. If I were in another congregation and didn't care for the members, I'd seriously consider it. But there are too many loved ones and dear friends in the hall that will be hurting from this, esp since a whole family getting ousted. (more or less)

BUT I will PM the number to you if you really want to hear it.

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits

James, you are correct but the book study, school, and service meeting were combined into one night a while back. For our cong, it's on Tuesday. They will read this with the announcements during the service meeting tonight.

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

james_woods, it is still announced at the service meeting. SM can be on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays...any night of the week, depending on how many congregations share the hall.

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

Oh and SweetBabyCheezits, congratulations man, glad you have your wife with you. Yes, you do have the forum family too!

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits

Undercover, Monty Python and the Holy Grail is a classic. Reps for you, buddy!

Arthur: What manner of man are you that can summon up fire without flint or tinder?
    Tim: I... am an enchanter.
    Arthur: By what name are you known?
    Tim: There are some who call me... 'Tim'...?

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits
    TheTrueOne: By the way its very important that you not give the elders of your congregation ! the middle finger, rather you should give it to to the Watchtower Corporation Inc. appropriately. Individual attacks are not morally justified in this matter, please remember that.

Yeah, absolutely. I have no grudges or bitterness toward individuals. Mostly an (absurd) anger at the abstract... prejudice, control, fear, lack of critical thinking, etc... all of the characteristics of this religion.

• bez
    bez

SBC, i have just sat and read your whole story... and i its so sad, and very similar to mine and my husbands situation.

We have not as of yet been called to a JC, and my husband seems to think even if we were we would not attend and it would mean they would not be able to disfellowship us. Did you not think of just not going to your JC meeting to avoid being disfellowshipped?

Sorry you have had to go through all of this and have like us probably lost some great (conditional) friends.

We too have 2 young children, and i think for us we have made the best decision for them and their lives. I hope everything is going well for you now despite tonight being D DAY!

Bez

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits

Hi, Bez. It's great to hear of others who are fading or leaving the WT as a family.

...my husband seems to think even if we were we would not attend and it would mean they would not be able to disfellowship us.

It might be worth a shot but I believe the elder's manual states that they CAN disfellowship in absence if they've made ever effort to contact you. You might want to look into that. If you can avoid any contact with the elders if they're simply trying to investigate, though, I highly recommend that.

• ReallyTrulyAthena
    ReallyTrulyAthena

Hi SweetBabyCheezits - congrats on your DF'ing (never thought I'd say that to anyone, LOL)

(A quick aside -- I also wanted to say to your other thread - great letter. Thoughtful, concise, C-L-A-S-S-Y. You are leaving not on their terms, but YOURS. How empowering! And while there will continue to be sadness and levels of loss involved (the note from her grandparents is just a dang shame), what you have been/are going thru is an inspiring story -- I'm happy that you and your family are getting out and moving onwards in your life.)

I look forward to hearing more of the good news and your journey out of the JWs....

• bez
    bez

Yeah i am guessing they are doing alot of investigating without us. My mother has pretty much told them everything they want to hear about us in an attempt to get us df'd! (crazy lady that she is)!

I dont have caller id on my phone either so its impossible at the moment to see if they are calling. I am just waiting now for us to have them turn up at the door uninvited. Maybe they wont and will leave us alone. I have heard tho from a friend who has remained my friend from the 'troof', that there was a talk given at the circuit assembly at the wkend about 'marking' apostates in a way like the mark of the wild beast!! or something like that... in other words apostates are like the devil so dont talk to us... I am not sure if that talk was a 'needs of the circuit' talk or what, but looks like if that talk wasnt just to steer folk away from speaking with just us, there must be a few in our circuit who are taking the same stand!

I do know that there is a circuit visit coming up for our hall in the next couple of weeks so i was wondering after being left alone by our elders for the last couple of wks, if when he visits they will resume there attempt to get us outtt!! So maybe then depending on what he says they may df us anyway! who knows...

Part of me thinks so what if they do , at least im not looking over my shoulder every time i go and buy a birthday card for my lil girls school friend, but then the other part of me could not bare not speaking with my best 2 friends who have said they would not mark me this way and ignore me, but if it was publicaly announced we were df'd then it would make it extremely awkward, as one of my mates hubbys would be absolutely against her ever speaking to me under these circumstances. ...

So its rubbish basically and we cant win... tho we are thinking of moving to the south of the country to start our new life with family who are not witnesses and wouldnt judge us. I really hope your lives are good and you are happy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit